IGNORED

An Outsider's View.......

Guest veryveryblue

Guest veryveryblue

Some of you might remember me. Cardiff fan, working in Bristol. Some real good pals went to the game in hope today and I am real disappointed for them.

After our semi defeat against Stoke a couple of years back, I can guess how you all feel.

I actually wanted you to get through. Local rivalry and all that. Bristol City deserves to be playing Leeds, West Ham, Sunderland, Wolves, Cardiff ...... not Port Vale, Doncaster, Peterborough, Torquay.

But the game today was a bit like the Hartlepool game. Could you ever see where a goal was coming from? Nor me. Rougier was non existant (surprised Murray did not come on earlier), and there was no midfield invention. Doherty seems likely to move on, I hear. Tinnion's time is up. Roberts did nothing to mix things, to change patterns. The other guy in midfield barely kicked the ball.

Don't get me wrong. Brighton were nothing but industrious. Christ, their midfield engine of Oatway and Carpenter were Cardiff fare from years back in the basement. Hoof ball merchants the lot of them.

But it was inevitable they would nick it.

Time to be strong, boys. Without being rude, if the play off semi's and final represented the standard that is now 2nd division, a footballing team should be able to play out of it. ###### to the play offs..... you are not good at them. Back your players and give it some next time.

I hope you make it.

I hope you all enjoyed what you could of Cardiff as well.

The only small pleasure I got out of today was that your self righteous Chairman (Sexton?) did not get to count up the benefits of promotion. Still dot the downer on that ###### for poking his nose in after the Leeds game. AND believe me, he got it wrong on the day.

Anyway. Chin up.

Your club needs you !

Archived