IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Big Hev

He's been linked to Swindon for ages but I think it's more down to fan admiration than concrete interest. One year left on his contract, if Crewe win the Play-Offs then I dare say that Cheltenham will set a price.

Pack is best buddies with Matt Ritchie.

Chelt play some good football on the ground and will be more than a match for Crewe, who can play a bit as well. As for transfers we need a bit of championship exp at least as we already have enough reserves;

Chelt play some good football on the ground and will be more than a match for Crewe, who can play a bit as well. As for transfers we need a bit of championship exp at least as we already have enough reserves;

We need a balance of proven Championship players with experience, and up and coming younger ones imho. Pack would be a decent signing in the latter category.

What....Jamal Campbell-Rice,Chritian Ribeiro,Marlon Jackson,Danny Ball and Henry Muggeridge...yeah major clear-out....

Err.. McCallistar, James, Clarkson.....?

Considering the rest are on contract, and cannot be released until another club shows interest, I think your expectations are a little unrealistic!!

What....Jamal Campbell-Rice,Chritian Ribeiro,Marlon Jackson,Danny Ball and Henry Muggeridge...yeah major clear-out....

These free up room in the squad

Err.. McCallistar, James, Clarkson.....?

Considering the rest are on contract, and cannot be released until another club shows interest, I think your expectations are a little unrealistic!!

These free up wages

Lets see who replaces them before we throw in the towel.

Ive been banging on about him on here for weeks now hoping someone important from the club takes note.

My mate from Cheltnham first brought him to my attention early at the start of the season. The same mate who has recommended to the club the likes of Guy Whittingham when at Yeovil, Kevin Miller & Scott Hilley when at Exeter, Robbie Blake & Graham Alexander when at Darlington among many others in the past.

It's a shame the club never took note as they all went on to have very good careers.

Marlon Pack is quality.

Technically very good strong great engine always wants the ball. Everything goes through him & he takes all set pieces. He would only cost 3/400k max. I have done all i can for the club to take note him. Between myself & few friends we have passed his name on to Del via the radio, mentioned him to Louis carey (both never heard of him?), banged on about him on here while also telling a member of the board. Cant do no more.

The scouting network at this club is and always have been appalling.

Too many times over the years we have missed out on good young players on our doorstep. Lee Sharp when at Torquay, Whittingham when at Yeovil, Duff & McCann when at Cheltnham. The list is endless. We simply dont as a club scout local talent enough if at all. In fact it's a question many fans have asked over the years, do we have any scouts?!

Pack, Okane, Ritchie, Sercombe (Exeter), Ayling (Yeovil), Ashodi (FGR). All young hungry local cheap lads we got to be sniffing around. IF we are not aware of any of these then something is seriously wrong.

Myself and my mates think Pack is that good we will be absolutely gutted when he goes to someone like Cardiff or another this summer. Latest news is Wolves are linked with him now.

Sick of hearing about the Dixons, Kenneths, Swansons, Sandazas etc. etc. being linked with us.Go local our future stars are right on our doorstep.

Ive been banging on about him on here for weeks now hoping someone important from the club takes note.

My mate from Cheltnham first brought him to my attention early at the start of the season. The same mate who has recommended to the club the likes of Guy Whittingham when at Yeovil, Kevin Miller & Scott Hilley when at Exeter, Robbie Blake & Graham Alexander when at Darlington among many others in the past.

It's a shame the club never took note as they all went on to have very good careers.

Marlon Pack is quality.

Technically very good strong great engine always wants the ball. Everything goes through him & he takes all set pieces. He would only cost 3/400k max. I have done all i can for the club to take note him. Between myself & few friends we have passed his name on to Del via the radio, mentioned him to Louis carey (both never heard of him?), banged on about him on here while also telling a member of the board. Cant do no more.

Too many times over the years we have missed out on good young players on our doorstep. Lee Sharp when at Torquay, Whittingham when at Yeovil, Duff & McCann when at Cheltnham. The list is endless. We simply dont as a club scout local talent enough if at all. In fact it's a question many fans have asked over the years, do we have any scouts?!

Pack, Okane, Ritchie, Sercombe (Exeter), Ayling (Yeovil), Ashodi (FGR). All young hungry local cheap lads we got to be sniffing around. IF we are not aware of any of these then something is seriously wrong.

Myself and my mates think Pack is that good we will be absolutely gutted when he goes to someone like Cardiff or another this summer. Latest news is Wolves are linked with him now.

Sick of hearing about the Dixons, Kenneths, Swansons, Sandazas etc. etc. being linked with us.Go local our future stars are right on our doorstep.

+1 Though credit goes to Tinman for listening to us about Alex Russell at Torquay.

+1 Though credit goes to Tinman for listening to us about Alex Russell at Torquay.

Sounds the same type off player as Mark Millar at Falkirk.Who might be signing a pre contract agreement with Swansea City.Plenty off good players in N Ireland to,guys like Stuart Dallas,creative midfield man and winger.Who has been player off the year out there.He is still only 20 or something.Coates might be worth a look at to,another N Irish international and a defender.He has knocked back Championship sides in Blackpool and Doncaster before.Just like Jordan Owens a striker,in the same mould off Kyle Lafferty.Jamie Mulgrew is a really good holding midfield player.Somebody that could easily do a job at that level.And these guys are all young enough to sell on.

Marlon Pack is quality.

Cracking post, informed and spot on, as a club that loses 10m a year these are exactly the players we need to be scouting. Ffs were the biggest club in the south west and keep on missing out on all this talent, we then go and sign a player like Killkenny on 10k a week.

The scouting had always been cack for as long as I can remember, I'm not sure on the name but I understand there is now a keeper from Bristol playing for Birmingham making a name for himself and representing England at various levels. Why don't we ever seem to pick these players up?

We need a serious look at this scouting team we have in place as it does not produce.

Marlon Pack is quality.

Quite right Cherryberry, Marlon Pack is without doubt a player we should be snapping up. I also have a friend who regularly attends Cheltenham games; he has been touting this chap throughout the season. He's the player who, at 21 (?) has driven the club to the verge of promotion with his all action midfield dynamism. Inevitably bigger clubs are sniffing now and this looks to be yet another missed opportunity.

There have been numerous insightful posts on here recently about young, talented, LOCAL players´... yet again our scouting network has to come into question. Listening to the recent podcast (Del's interview), we fans were assured about the depth and diligence of our scouting setup. If so then it will certainly be a change of tune since we have been dire for years when it comes to picking up the best of the south west.

We have a massive potential with this huge catchment area we are located in. We're the biggest club over a large geogrphical area. It should be a natural progression for the young stars of Exeter, Torquay, Yeovil, Plymouth, Cheltenham, Bournemouth, etc etc etc to be snapped up by us. We should be all over these teams before the bigger clubs poach them from under our noses.

Would love to see Marlon Pack at the gate next season.

LISTEN UP DEL AND CO.

Wishful thinking to hope someone with links to our scouting channels reads these threads I suppose.

Quite right Cherryberry, Marlon Pack is without doubt a player we should be snapping up. I also have a friend who regularly attends Cheltenham games; he has been touting this chap throughout the season. He's the player who, at 21 (?) has driven the club to the verge of promotion with his all action midfield dynamism. Inevitably bigger clubs are sniffing now and this looks to be yet another missed opportunity.

There have been numerous insightful posts on here recently about young, talented, LOCAL players´... yet again our scouting network has to come into question. Listening to the recent podcast (Del's interview), we fans were assured about the depth and diligence of our scouting setup. If so then it will certainly be a change of tune since we have been dire for years when it comes to picking up the best of the south west.

We have a massive potential with this huge catchment area we are located in. We're the biggest club over a large geogrphical area. It should be a natural progression for the young stars of Exeter, Torquay, Yeovil, Plymouth, Cheltenham, Bournemouth, etc etc etc to be snapped up by us. We should be all over these teams before the bigger clubs poach them from under our noses.

Would love to see Marlon Pack at the gate next season.

LISTEN UP DEL AND CO.

Wishful thinking to hope someone with links to our scouting channels reads these threads I suppose.

67 games and 8 goals,sorry that does not sound like the kind off player your dircribing here.OK fair play he is a kid though.And worth a chance taking a punt on,as he is bound to get better in time.Players up in Scotland are more ready and free,the likes off Robertson,Davidson,Swanson.Just heard Brighton have offered Swanson a contract.

67 games and 8 goals,sorry that does not sound like the kind off player your dircribing here.OK fair play he is a kid though.And worth a chance taking a punt on,as he is bound to get better in time.Players up in Scotland are more ready and free,the likes off Robertson,Davidson,Swanson.Just heard Brighton have offered Swanson a contract.

are you their agent or something...evry english player suggested on here you say is awful and suggest a scottish alternative...just because we have del in charge doesnt mean we have to buy scottish players!

are you their agent or something...evry english player suggested on here you say is awful and suggest a scottish alternative...just because we have del in charge doesnt mean we have to buy scottish players!

If I was there agent,why would I waste my time on here?I am not suggesting anything in the slightest,just checked out his stats.And I have watched Pack play as well.And I really cant see the same player that the last poster suggests that he is.And yes there is plenty off better players his age from Scotland.JAMIE NESS,might be free if Gers sink.Frazer Fyfie free in December.Scott Allan if WBA loan him again,done great at Pack mans old club Pompey.Kenny McLean at St Mirren another real talent,all midfield guys with real ability.

If I was there agent,why would I waste my time on here?I am not suggesting anything in the slightest,just checked out his stats.And I have watched Pack play as well.And I really cant see the same player that the last poster suggests that he is.And yes there is plenty off better players his age from Scotland.JAMIE NESS,might be free if Gers sink.Frazer Fyfie free in December.Scott Allan if WBA loan him again,done great at Pack mans old club Pompey.Kenny McLean at St Mirren another real talent,all midfield guys with real ability.

Fraser Fyvie would never join us. He will go to a good premier league club.

Archived