IGNORED

£1 Million For A Conference Striker?

myol'man

They meant business last year and look where it got them. I think they will be better this season though now they have a good manager who knows this level well.

They bought randomly last year, Sven was like a child in a sweetshop.

Vardy's price was largely dictated by Fleetwood's comparative wealth, not a reflection of ability.

They bought randomly last year, Sven was like a child in a sweetshop.

Vardy's price was largely dictated by Fleetwood's comparative wealth, not a reflection of ability.

I think he is top class - Never allowed any transfer speculation to get to him throughout the season - Has been a pro for 2 years and scored over 60 goals? I know its not a great standard but come on give him his due's.

I don't know enough about him to comment on him particularly. But a finisher can finish at any level. You just have to create the chances for them. If however he's a player who uses his pace or physical ability to get goals, that's when you get into trouble. As that steps up massively.

We paid 600k was it for Pitman? He looks like a conference player when he's not finishing :P He slow, and weak an his control often seems poor. But he can finish so he's worth the money in a decent side (which we haven't been) :P

I think he is top class - Never allowed any transfer speculation to get to him throughout the season - Has been a pro for 2 years and scored over 60 goals? I know its not a great standard but come on give him his due's.

That's as may be, but paying £1 Million for a player unproven above Conference level is never a reflection of ability. If he were at Wrexham he wouldn't have cost half that.

That's as may be, but paying £1 Million for a player unproven above Conference level is never a reflection of ability. If he were at Wrexham he wouldn't have cost half that.

He would of cost the same wherever he was in the conference; unless one of the really debt ridden teams. We paid 2.3mill for an Unproven striker. £1mill compared to what money they have spent on their flops is a safe investment as he comes in will such views he wont achieve anything. I bet he scores against us at the very least,

He would of cost the same wherever he was in the conference; unless one of the really debt ridden teams.

No he wouldn't. Fleetwood had the resources to rebuff lesser bids, other teams at that level with miniscule income don't. It's not rocket science. £1 Million is a huge amount to (almost) any Conference team.

It is a huge inflated fee. Just shows how ridiculous parts of football has become. He is a class act, but even so a million for a 25 year old in the conference is madness.

A lot of money to gamble on a striker jumping from the conference to not only the championship, but a club in the championship that have Premier League aspirations. If he gets them the goals to get them promoted then it represents value for money though.

However would he be a main stay in the team if they were to get promoted? I would guess not as the would continue to spend silly money.

£1m to gamble on a conference striker or £85m to spend on Carrol and Torres, lets face it how ever much you spend its always going to be a gamble.

In that context I would have thought £1m on this guy would represent a fair punt, and if he bangs in 15-20 goals next season everyone will be posting along the lines of "why cant we find someone like this"

£1m to gamble on a conference striker or £85m to spend on Carrol and Torres, lets face it how ever much you spend its always going to be a gamble.

So by equating one inflated transfer to another it was always going to be a gamble?

So by equating one inflated transfer to another it was always going to be a gamble?

Any transfer is a gamble,,,because one player performs at one club it doesn't follow he will continue that form at another club, so within the next year this player could be moving on to the premier league if successful at Leicester, so only time will tell.

All I would say is that if Andy Carrol is "worth" £35m, then this guy is worth a punt at £1m.

Any transfer is a gamble,,,because one player performs at one club it doesn't follow he will continue that form at another club, so within the next year this player could be moving on to the premier league if successful at Leicester, so only time will tell.

All I would say is that if Andy Carrol is "worth" £35m, then this guy is worth a punt at £1m.

Everything is relative, the higher the price the higher the risk. Everyone on the planet bar Comolli and Dalglish knows Carroll never was or will be worth £35 Million.

Archived