IGNORED

Brighton Fans

I think it was shock to be honest. I monitored the Brighton forum quite a bit leading up to the game and very few fans genuinely expected them to beat us.

Couple that with the most miraculously flukey play-off semi-final in history and I don't blame them for feeling a bit thrown back by it.

I know now should be the time for them to celebrate but if we had of won today I would probably already be feeling a bit concerned about life in Division 1. I hate to say this but of the 4 teams Swindon were the only team I felt may actually cope with life in a higher Division.

Guest maxie

From the number of placards around the stadium pleading for wanting permission to be granted for a new stadium at Falmer, I guess the Brighton fans' misery at being promoted today may have something to do with their embarrassment at having to entertain the likes of Leeds United and Wolves next season at their municipal running track of a ground at Withdean. And of supporting a Div 1 side on gates of 7,000.

Good shout.

Watched some of the comments on TV - even the chairman went on about the ground more than promotion. Most of them looked like a pop concert they had enjoyed had just finished.

Maybe you have to feel the pain again and again to enjoy it.

On that measure, we are going to get drunk for a week when we go up!

Guest Geordie Dave

Hi people.

The most important thing to the Brighton fans at the moment is getting a ground. Can you fully appriciate not having a proper home ground? or a ground that only holds 7000 fans.

The problems they are having getting planning permision is taking it's toll.

If Prescott had of of gone on the pitch before the kick off and said to Brighton "you can have your ground, BUT you have to forfeit the game to Bristol" then you (Bristol City) would be in the first Division now and the Brighton fans would have been singing louder than the City fans.

The fans know (the ones that will admit it) they are not really ready to go up, as a team and as a host with a good ground. That doesn't mean they wont take the promotion, after all it's means more money to go towards the new stadium.

So if you thought that they didn't look very excited, they were. It's just that they have more important things to worry about at the present time.

It's a crime what is being done to them by the council and the govenment.

Good luck for next season City

Archived