IGNORED

Switch The Football Season To Summer ?

Stephen Lewis

What do people think about changing the Association football season from winter months to summer months.

Nice hard pitches should allow players with skill to shine through.

Spectators can enjoy most games in relative warm weather, and this could lead to a rise in attendances.

Ground sharing with Rugby teams should be easier on the pitch.

Heat shouldn't be a big problem , we play in the summer (our summer) here in Australia, players don't drop to the floor with heat exhaustion.

Perhaps play acting will become obsolete in the prem if players find the ground is too hard to dive onto.

Players can get rid of their undershirts , tights and snoods and begin to look like footballers again.

Just a thought.

What do people think about changing the Association football season from winter months to summer months.

Nice hard pitches should allow players with skill to shine through.

Spectators can enjoy most games in relative warm weather, and this could lead to a rise in attendances.

Ground sharing with Rugby teams should be easier on the pitch.

Heat shouldn't be a big problem , we play in the summer (our summer) here in Australia, players don't drop to the floor with heat exhaustion.

Perhaps play acting will become obsolete in the prem if players find the ground is too hard to dive onto.

Players can get rid of their undershirts , tights and snoods and begin to look like footballers again.

Just a thought.

To be fair, the play most of the summer any way, for me Late July to Start of September is pretty much our summer, and we are normally playing by the first week of August.

I think the biggest problem is, that si when a lot of people go on holiday (especially those with kids), so they run the risk of having lower attendances, or people just buying half season seson tickets.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea though, it is not as if we get the real scorching summers like the rest of Europe.

The biggest problem would be for those being in European competition, Much like Russian clubs, they would be playing catch up with players who were not match fit.

The biggest problem would be for those being in European competition, Much like Russian clubs, they would be playing catch up with players who were not match fit.

We would also have to revert back to winters every other year to take into account the Euros and World Cups.

Bywater and Laner, I didn't even think about that, good points.

I do wonder how some of the other countries who cannot play in their winter cope with these competitions though! Must give them a serious disadvantage (unless all their squad play abroad) Any ideas?

I can see it happening if/when there's a European super league

There is already a European super league, they got it in underneath the noses of everyone. It's called the Champions league, Where it really should be called the top three or 4 in each countires league!

NO! What would we do in the winter?

Summer is for the cricket, although there's not a real cricket match on Bristol in either June or July this season. I'm happy to watch football in January - I don't want to watch cricket at the start of April.

Wasn't there talk of Qatar holding the 2022 world cup in the winter ? I don't think the timing is compulsory.

Playing the WC in Qatar was possibly FIFA's most absurd (and corrupt) decision ever, although Septic Bladder has certainly given us plenty of choice.

May I recommend

[media=]

Whatever you think of Holloway, he hit that one right on the head.

There is already a European super league, they got it in underneath the noses of everyone. It's called the Champions league, Where it really should be called the top three or 4 in each countires league!

I'm sure the top clubs would love to go one step further, to cement their "investment".

I'm sure the top clubs would love to go one step further, to cement their "investment".

Probably, it will be interesting to know what teams constitute a european league, and who chooses them, and if it is a closed shop.

Agree 100% summer is for cricket!

NO! What would we do in the winter?

Summer is for the cricket, although there's not a real cricket match on Bristol in either June or July this season. I'm happy to watch football in January - I don't want to watch cricket at the start of April.

Playing the WC in Qatar was possibly FIFA's most absurd (and corrupt) decision ever, although Septic Bladder has certainly given us plenty of choice.

May I recommend

[media=]

Whatever you think of Holloway, he hit that one right on the head.

It may be harsh but every day that passes is one more closer to Sepp popping his clogs. I really really hate the bloke with a passion he his corrupt and ruined world football.

Archived