IGNORED

I'll Tell You Which 'keeper I'd Absolutely Love For Us To Sign.

LondonBristolian

Brad Guzan. He's now a free agent after leaving Villa to get first-team football.

I don't think we will as I think better clubs will come in for him and I wonder if he's going to cost a bit more than we'd want to pay. Superb goalkeeper though - could do a job in the Premier League, let alone the Championship.

Anyone know whether Basso is still under contract at Hull?

If not we could go back to the future and get him competing with Gerken do the first team place.

NOOOOOO BASSSSSOO

What ever people think of Basso lets not forget that he wouldn't sign a very luctrative contract with us and walked out on the club leaving us in a right mess. If he had the decency to make his intentions clear earlier Chris Weale would have stayed with us but no he waited until CW had gone before dropping the bombshell that he was leaving for Premier Football :facepalm:

He sh1t on us once so i for one wouldn't want him back............. Move On

NOOOOOO BASSSSSOO

What ever people think of Basso lets not forget that he wouldn't sign a very luctrative contract with us and walked out on the club leaving us in a right mess. If he had the decency to make his intentions clear earlier Chris Weale would have stayed with us but no he waited until CW had gone before dropping the bombshell that he was leaving for Premier Football :facepalm:

Just like Maynard

Just like Maynard

Get over it. Maynard wanted to go to a higher-placed club, and who can blame him? He could have stayed the year and left on a free, but at least made his intentions clear early enough for the club to get something for him. The sanctimonious attitude of people to this sort of move is astounding: this is what football is these days, so live with it.

Get over it. Maynard wanted to go to a higher-placed club, and who can blame him? He could have stayed the year and left on a free, but at least made his intentions clear early enough for the club to get something for him. The sanctimonious attitude of people to this sort of move is astounding: this is what football is these days, so live with it.

That's it. Move on. Football has changed now there is no loyalty. It doesn't mean it's personal against a club, it's just the way things are now.

As for Basso I loved him, miss his charisma that generated a feel good factor and he was arguably the best keeper I have seen for us in the time I have supported city.

But as some have mentioned above, he wanted to go and messed us about a bit. I will always love him but it really is time to let go, I would not be impressed if we got him back and don't want him back. I imagine he isn't the keeper he was anyway without playing regular football for a while now.

look at my post history on maynard before troll you ****

Anyone know whether Basso is still under contract at Hull?

If not we could go back to the future and get him competing with Gerken do the first team place.

I don't bear Basso any grudges but he's 36 now, wasn't getting into the first-team by the end of the season and Guzan and others were getting picked ahead of him.

I like Gerken and he did a decent job last season but I just don't think he's ever going to be more than decent in this division and if we do want to push on I think we need to sign someone who could make the first-team spot their own. Hence my enthusiasm for Guzan. And thinking about it, Barmby's left Hull reducing the odds of him going there so I really hopes McInnes at least tries to find out what his wage demands and plans are. He was unlucky not to play more for Villa and I think someone could get themselves a very good long-term first-choice 'keeper here...

+1

Back to original post and the reason behind the thread, Guzan would be decent. Not the best option but definitely far better than what we have. He was great when Shay Given was injured this season!

Ive noticed the Sheff Wednesday have signed Kirkland on a 2 year deal. That looks like they are out of the running for Tom Heaton, who I feel is one of the better, realistic options availible. You never know Del could spring a surprise! somebody none of us even thought of.

There is still a degree of loyalty in football but that isn't the point, even if there isn't then why does it matter if you're annoyed at the fact that things didn't happen in a way that would have been more beneficial to the club. Its annoying when people do that so be annoyed, by "moving on" you have no allegiance to him so why are you defending him?

For the record I couldn't give a monkeys about Maynard, but you can fully see why people would be annoyed

That's a new one on me, as far as I am aware St Nicky never at any time made his intentions clear at all, in fact it was the club that transfer listed him after he refused their last offer, in short he ****** us around for over 12 months.

Back to original post and the reason behind the thread, Guzan would be decent. Not the best option but definitely far better than what we have. He was great when Shay Given was injured this season!

Ive noticed the Sheff Wednesday have signed Kirkland on a 2 year deal. That looks like they are out of the running for Tom Heaton, who I feel is one of the better, realistic options availible. You never know Del could spring a surprise! somebody none of us even thought of.

There rumours on the web that Heaton is set to sign for Leeds. Don't know how true.

If he had the decency to make his intentions clear earlier Chris Weale would have stayed with us but no he waited until CW had gone before dropping the bombshell that he was leaving for Premier Football :facepalm:

We should thank our lucky stars that Basso did delay, we could have kept Chris Weale, he made flapper look competent.

NOOOOOO BASSSSSOO

We will never know the truth about that episode. We have to decide who to believe based on our assessment of the peoples' character.

What Basso gave City was one of the main reasons we got promoted. Look at the problems we've had since trying to get any team spirit and motivation.

I'd love Adriano to rejoin us. It would lift the whole club. Aside from that and in addition he is a great keeper

It's possible for a player to re-sign and make a success of it - Louis Carey for one

We are looking for a number 2 so dont expect too much in the goalkeeping dept.

That might be true but I'm not convinced we should be. Maybe Gerken will be first-choice next season and maybe he'll prove me wrong and I'll be very, very happy if he does as that'll mean we have a goalkeeper who is playing well but, well as he did towards the end of the season, I'm yet to be convinced by him as a first choice keeper.

We will never know the truth about that episode. We have to decide who to believe based on our assessment of the peoples' character.

What Basso gave City was one of the main reasons we got promoted. Look at the problems we've had since trying to get any team spirit and motivation.

I'd love Adriano to rejoin us. It would lift the whole club. Aside from that and in addition he is a great keeper

It's possible for a player to re-sign and make a success of it - Louis Carey for one

Can,t believe this is even being discussed. NO. NO. NO :redcard: :redcard:

Archived