IGNORED

Steve Bruce - Hull City

Ryan_BCFC

H ewilbe twith them for 2 or 3 months, Martinez to liverpool, bruce to jumpship back to Wigan.

I wouldn't go near the bloke if I were Hull, what I said jokingly above will not be far from the truth, if he has a decent start to the season, a mid to low prem club sacks it's manager, he will be off. He never finishes a job and seems to get sacked a lot from the club which he thinks the grass is greener at!

Really? He is just an average manager. Same old really. Tactically naive and doesn't have exciting ideas like other up and coming managers.

Can't stand the bloke myself.

He's been managing in the top flight for years. Now, he decides to take a job with an average championship side..bit odd really.

He's been managing in the top flight for years. Now, he decides to take a job with an average championship side..bit odd really.

True but what's he ever done in the top flight? I can't see him getting another top flight job again unless a very low budget club like a Wigan say want him!

He isn't really a top manager in my opinion so Hull would be a good move for him I think.

True but what's he ever done in the top flight? I can't see him getting another top flight job again unless a very low budget club like a Wigan say want him!

He isn't really a top manager in my opinion so Hull would be a good move for him I think.

He led Birmingham to promotion and kept them up for a few years in top flight with a low budget. Didn't say he was a top manager, just think he can do better than Hull.

H ewilbe twith them for 2 or 3 months, Martinez to liverpool, bruce to jumpship back to Wigan.

I wouldn't go near the bloke if I were Hull, what I said jokingly above will not be far from the truth, if he has a decent start to the season, a mid to low prem club sacks it's manager, he will be off. He never finishes a job and seems to get sacked a lot from the club which he thinks the grass is greener at!

Can't argue with this, man almost invented the freedom of contract for managers. Hull should mark his office door with chalk and save the or ice of a nane plaque!

he's a good manager did a good job last season with sunderland until bent shafted them,

done a great job at birmingham, Wigan,

Until Bent shafted them? How? Even if he did 'shaft' them so what? Bruce can't say anything after shafting Palace to join Birmingham. What goes around comes around I'm afraid.

He led Birmingham to promotion and kept them up for a few years in top flight with a low budget. Didn't say he was a top manager, just think he can do better than Hull.

Hardly a low budget with the players he had at his disposal. Christophe Dugarry, a world cup winner for instance would not have come cheap. I think most managers would have fancied their chances of keeping a team up with that budget. He initially did a good job with Birmingham I agree with you on that, but ever since he has just been very average for me.

I think he will struggle to get another job in the prem, there are many many a better manager around than him. He is living off his playing days if you ask me.

I think the idea that he leaves clubs in the lurch is harsh - he did it once with Palace but I don't think his loyalty was an issue at other clubs.

Whether he's a good manager or not is though. I reckon they'd have been better sticking with Barmby.

Sheffield united

Palace.

Wigan twice.

Sheffield united

Palace.

Wigan twice.

OK, I'll give you Wigan the first time certainly. Sheffield United he left 'cos of problems with the board, not 'cos other teams were interested. Wigan the second time he went with the owner's blessing.

I'm not massively keen on defending the guy as I don't much like him and think he's a mediocre manager (certainly wouldn't want him at the Gate) but I feel it's a bit harsh that he's got this reputation based on two incidents over a decade ago.

OK, I'll give you Wigan the first time certainly. Sheffield United he left 'cos of problems with the board, not 'cos other teams were interested. Wigan the second time he went with the owner's blessing.

I'm not massively keen on defending the guy as I don't much like him and think he's a mediocre manager (certainly wouldn't want him at the Gate) but I feel it's a bit harsh that he's got this reputation based on two incidents over a decade ago.

I'm with you, massively overrated, only done things when he over spent. He does leave projects unfinished, wasting big bucks doing it.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near a club I supported, that's for sure.

A good manager, although as already mentioned, questionable tactics towards his latter time at Sunderland. Would be interesting to see how he operates on a smaller budget at Championship level. Would be interesting to see if Martinez goes to Liverpool as I reckon Bruce could go back to Wigan if this did happen.

I'm with you, massively overrated, only done things when he over spent. He does leave projects unfinished, wasting big bucks doing it.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near a club I supported, that's for sure.

Exactly. He also strikes me as a bit old school and doesn't seem to be a very forward thinking manager.

He reminds me of another ex ManU player Mark Huges.

Shows no loyalty to clubs and thinks they are better than they actually are.

He must have been promised a big transfere budget and a big wage.

+1

Cannot stand Hughes! I hate the way he demands respect from everyone and how he reacts over a hand shake. The blokes an idiot.

Archived