IGNORED

Ribeiro Open To Iron Return

hippy273

chances are that he will settle down and get over his injury complex become their player of the year and get sold to Wigan for 2 mill

Or he will become injured within 3 games of the new season and be in and out of action for the remainder of his contract.

Who would be closer to home and offering him a deal.... Swindle? Yeovil?

Maybe not that close - most places are 'closer to home' than S****horpe.

I like Ribiero, and wish him well, but like most of the City squad he seems to have been on absolutely ridiculous wages

Perhaps that's a further reason the club made little effort to retain him

To be honest I don’t think it was a question of that I don’t think he wanted to stay . Opportunities at the club were zero last season and Del obviously made him aware there was no future for him in his plans.

He got a fine season under his belt injury free albeit on loan and impressed Knill and Abbott so it appears some Div. One clubs are interested in taking a punt. There are a few clubs with spondulicks to spend and as City rewarded 13 years loyalty boy and man with a free he can possibly afford to supplement his previous salary with the signing on fee in order to play regular football.

Certainly it’s a risk but if he remains sound and has a good season his stock will increase.

To be honest I don’t think it was a question of that I don’t think he wanted to stay . Opportunities at the club were zero last season and Del obviously made him aware there was no future for him in his plans.

He got a fine season under his belt injury free albeit on loan and impressed Knill and Abbott so it appears some Div. One clubs are interested in taking a punt. There are a few clubs with spondulicks to spend and as City rewarded 13 years loyalty boy and man with a free he can possibly afford to supplement his previous salary with the signing on fee in order to play regular football.

Certainly it’s a risk but if he remains sound and has a good season his stock will increase.

http://www.thisisscu...tail/story.html

Think you may be right. With no opportunies to play 1st team football, seems like a sensible solution for club and player that he moved on.

Looks like he has a number of offers on the table. Doubt he was big money (relative to the 1st team players) But with most clubs having to tighten their belts with smaller squads and lower average wages, assume a lot of players will have accept changes their pay . Hopefully he can continue last year's form and enjoy his football again.

Think he showed his hunger to play by accepting loans so far afield.. Alan Knill seems to hold a very good opinion of him.

Archived