IGNORED

Froch V Bute

bcfcbs20

How good was Froch tonight, incredible, after all the hype about Bute I was disappointed with him but he was just completely outclassed.

Bute caught him with a beauty of a punch in the 3rd and Carl just got evil and beat the shit out of him thereafter.

Still buzzing this morning, what a performance that was!

The aggression and heart shown by Froch was immense, ' not in my back yard'.

Froch deserves to be held up as one of the best all time British fighters. I think his achievements now surpass that of the welsh slapper Calzaghes.

Reason being he's been in with the best, often away from home, and only lost once (don't care about judges he beat Kessler) and that was against an exceptional fighter in Andre Ward.

Could get even better for Froch, I'd like a rematch with Kessler next. The condition Froch is in he could go for another 3/4 years easily

Froch deserves to be held up as one of the best all time British fighters. I think his achievements now surpass that of the welsh slapper Calzaghes.

Don't be ridiculous. Calzaghe's achievements surpass any other boxer. Froch can never eclipse them since he's lost twice.

Don't be ridiculous. Calzaghe's achievements surpass any other boxer. Froch can never eclipse them since he's lost twice.

Haha. What? Go and have a look at Calzaghe's record and tell me which world class fighters he's been in the ring with, and more importantly what stage of their career they were at? ie I don't count a 40 year old Bernard Hopkins or a washed up Roy Jones Jnr fighting with one eye (and yet Calzaghe still couldn't knock him out!).

Four fights from the end of his career he fought the winner of an American tv show (like the x factor of boxing) by the name of Peter Manfredo in Cardiff - that shows the ambition of the guy.

On paper Calzaghe's career looks impressive, all those years undefeated but dig down a bit deeper and proper fight fans will tell you that he never travelled to America to make it big and never moved up a weight to take on the real class acts of his generation.

Don't get me wrong I rate Calzaghe but much prefer fighters like Hatton and Froch who have proved they are game to fight anywhere and against anyone.

Froch certainly can surpass Calzaghe, for me he already has. His two defeats were dodgy decision in Denmark v Kessler (Calzaghe beat him in Cardiff) and a loss to a fighter in Andre Ward who is exceptional and could well go on to be an all time great

The slapper comment may suggest a slight bias against Joe C.

Did you ever watch his fights? Calzaghe wasn't a big hitter and won many of his fights simply by throwing shed loads of punches. His technique made it look like he was slapping his opponents as opposed to punching with his knuckles.

Would've loved to see Froch v Calzaghe but surprise, surprise Calzaghe didn't fancy it and instead went to the States to fight a 40 year old about 5 years past his best in Roy Jones (who is another genuine legend who fought in an incredible era).

Haha. What? Go and have a look at Calzaghe's record and tell me which world class fighters he's been in the ring with, and more importantly what stage of their career they were at? ie I don't count a 40 year old Bernard Hopkins or a washed up Roy Jones Jnr fighting with one eye (and yet Calzaghe still couldn't knock him out!).

Four fights from the end of his career he fought the winner of an American tv show (like the x factor of boxing) by the name of Peter Manfredo in Cardiff - that shows the ambition of the guy.

On paper Calzaghe's career looks impressive, all those years undefeated but dig down a bit deeper and proper fight fans will tell you that he never travelled to America to make it big and never moved up a weight to take on the real class acts of his generation.

Don't get me wrong I rate Calzaghe but much prefer fighters like Hatton and Froch who have proved they are game to fight anywhere and against anyone.

Froch certainly can surpass Calzaghe, for me he already has. His two defeats were dodgy decision in Denmark v Kessler (Calzaghe beat him in Cardiff) and a loss to a fighter in Andre Ward who is exceptional and could well go on to be an all time great

Come off it. Calzaghe was unbeaten and defended his title 21 times over more than 10 years. There is no reason he should have had to kowtow to the yanks PPV demands, challengers come to champions not the other way around.

Froch is decent but he's already been beaten twice and there are plenty of fighters right now with better records.

Calzaghe was the best of the best. He didn't duck anyone, they ducked him. Lacy was supposed to be one of their best and he got completely schooled.

You can prefer Hatton and Froch if you like but they're not in the same league and never will be.

Come off it. Calzaghe was unbeaten and defended his title 21 times over more than 10 years. There is no reason he should have had to kowtow to the yanks PPV demands, challengers come to champions not the other way around.

Froch is decent but he's already been beaten twice and there are plenty of fighters right now with better records.

Calzaghe was the best of the best. He didn't duck anyone, they ducked him. Lacy was supposed to be one of their best and he got completely schooled.

You can prefer Hatton and Froch if you like but they're not in the same league and never will be.

I'm with Kid Joe ducked alot of fights including Carl himself, he hand picked his fights look at his record he only had 4 maybe 5 serious fights the rest were has beens and bums.

Carl has consistently fought the elite fighters time after time i'll give the Ward fight he was out classed and out boxed the Kessler fight however was too close to call and at best was a draw. But still he got on with it carrying on taking on the best.

Seriously look at Joe's record he ducked out of the real world class fights only taking fights that were stacked in his favour. The same can not be said about Carl.

So Calzaghe is a better boxer (maybe even the best?!) according to you just because he had an undefeated career?? Sorry, but boxing doesn't work like that - nor any sport for that matter.

Fighters are defined by WHO they fight. There are some divisions that are dirge, like the heavyweight division. Both Klitchkos are undefeated in 8/9 years but they have faced no one of quality, that's widely recognised. Indeed the only quality opponents they have faced ie Vitali aginst Lennox Lewis they have lost. Again I ask what real quality did Calzaghe fight? Kessler and Lacey both in his home town, after that I'm struggling...Froch called him out time and time again and Calzaghe didn't want to know, that's ducking a fight.

Froch is also a 3 time world champion, I would argue that is a huge achievement as boxers are often never the same after their first defeat.

We won't agree, but IMO to say that neither Hatton or Froch are in the same league as Calzaghe is laughable.

Finally, I'm sure you'd agree Froch's performance last night was explosive with many saying it was the best British performance on home soil since Hatton v Tszyu or Benn v McClennan...Again, I don't remember many similar accolades been given to Calzaghe

This is bollocks and why you're fundamentally wrong. If the yank challenger won't come to the table without fighting on home soil with a 50% purse, who's ducking who exactly?

Calzaghe would'nt re-match Kessler in Denmark. Refused to fight Mosley and Roy Jones jnr in their prime and out right refused Froch on a number of occasions.

Joe's biggest fights of his career was against a 43yr old Hopkins and and a 39yr old Jones that says it all.

This is bollocks and why you're fundamentally wrong. If the yank challenger won't come to the table without fighting on home soil with a 50% purse, who's ducking who exactly?

Not fundamentally wrong. Calzaghe admitted himself he should've gone to the States earlier in his career. He was unheard of in America so course he's not going to be offered a decent purse, go there and build up your rep by beating young, hungry fighters...then the money comes rolling in! He avoided Pavlik and Dawson too

Calzaghe would'nt re-match Kessler in Denmark. Refused to fight Mosley and Roy Jones jnr in their prime and out right refused Froch on a number of occasions.

Joe's biggest fights of his career was against a 43yr old Hopkins and and a 39yr old Jones that says it all.

This is correct.

Calzaghe was a very good fighter, but went hiding when he had the chance of the big fights. There is no way the big fighters would come to wales to fight some guy who although good, had never really proved anything at the world stage. Calzaghe needed to go and look for these fights, and travel to America for them, he didn't, so His career, although statistically brilliant, never hit the heights it should of.

He really should have tried to prove himself against the best to get a legendary status.

Archived