IGNORED

City Attendance Vs Gas Attendance

Club and Country

I thought it might be more, but they have played Yeovil which knocked the average up a bit. Considering the drop and how #### they've been I have been suprised by how much their attendance has held up.

By the end of the season it could be 150,000 that averages out at about £1.5m in gate receipts alone, wow!.

Do you guys know what you're on about, we haven't played yeovil yet, we've played a load of poorly supported teams that do ##### all to boost the attendance.

And of course you're going to have more fans through the turnstiles, you are in the top half of div2, i'd like to see you're attendances if you were s####ping for football league survival like us last season.

Guest spanish fly

7,000 plus to watch them is brilliant - makes me remember the faithfull few thousand in the 4th division watching City - Rovers can be proud as can City looking at other attendances in the 3rd, 2nd and even 1st divisions

I'm certain our attendances would be higher than yours currently are. Saying that, averaging around 7,000 is very good for the football you're witnessing week-in, week-out.

I duuno stu, you're attendance did slip below the 10,000 mark this season against vale(i think) after you'd lost a game or two before hand. I'm not doubting you'd still probably do well, but it is evident there are a lot of fair weather fans at AG.

Guest city slicker 71
7,000 plus to watch them is brilliant - makes me remember the faithfull few thousand in the 4th division watching City - Rovers can be proud as can City looking at other attendances in the 3rd, 2nd and even 1st divisions

Quite right on that one, any 1 of the Rovers 7000 + the AG faithfull are worth 5000 of the so-called followers of the big clubs. Along comes a mega rich investor ( probably for the first time in his life curious to know what it is like to actually share something) then out from nowhere they appear..like flies around ######!

Easiest thing in the world to do is identify oneself with a club that's paid for, any fool can do it, it usually starts in infancy bedspreads , shirts and the like carries on through adolecence to the extent in some severe cases of trying to adopt a mancunian accent or strutting around in a Newcastle shirt in the middle of January?

ALL clubs have fair weather fans

Newcastle utd who meny say have the best fans were only getting gates of between 9000 and 12000 in div 1 just before keegan took over ( how fair weather is that )

Yeah agreed our attendances would rise if we were challenging for promotion. And it also goes that the better you are doing the more fair weather fans will attend, like your example of newcastle.

But i think you will see a fall in our gates soon, people are beggining to lose patience with Graydon, we really are stripped to the core, fanwise.

I just think it'd be interesting to see how many you got in our position, not a likely story though' at the mo. Listening as i do to radio briz, i doubt whether a lot of your fans would stand for the ###### we have to put up with!

Fair credit to Rovers, they get among the best attendances in the third division, and this is for a team who were on the verge of the first division a few years ago, clearly some loyal (and possibly brain damaged!) fans, I hope (and i'm sure the majority would be) of City fans would be as supportive

Guest norfolk in chance

Just to add that the Gas attendances are boosted by their "Kids for a Quid" scheme that they use quite often. That certainly puts a few extra on the attendance and brings in some of the Gas's own "Fairweather" supporters.

Archived