IGNORED

Gary Roberts

Tins

Any real reason why he's been released? It surely cannot be due to him not being good enough?

No pace, couldn't hold down a spot in the Ipswich team a couple of years, no thanks. To be fair, he may have got better but I don't think he's gonna improve us

No pace, couldn't hold down a spot in the Ipswich team a couple of years, no thanks. To be fair, he may have got better but I don't think he's gonna improve us

Pace doesnt mean anything, i'd take ability over pace anyday

Roberts rejected their contract, he certainly seems to have a good goal scoring record from out wide, don't know about his assists.

I am guessing he is looking for a bigger club if he turned them down and let his contract run out.

Exactly, give me a Tinnion instead of an Ivan Sproule every day of the week.

If a lot of forumers had their way we'd have 10 outfield headless chickens sprinting around the pitch for 90 mins.

Guppy and Beckham both show you how little you need pace if delivery is good.

I really do not know why we have this obsession with pace.

I think people prefer to watch a player with pace as it can lead to counter-attacking football with flair.

I think people can do without a player running the length of the pitch then blasting it into the stand!

I think people prefer to watch a player with pace as it can lead to counter-attacking football with flair.

like junior bent.

Give me end product over flair every day.

Style over substance won't get you far.

I'm not a lover of one or the other. I think the very best players have both.

Players who can run with the ball and produce a good end product are what we want to see. Then i'd rather have a player who has quality and no pace which means i'd least want to have a player with all pace no quality.

I'm not a lover of one or the other. I think the very best players have both.

Players who can run with the ball and produce a good end product are what we want to see. Then i'd rather have a player who has quality and no pace which means i'd least want to have a player with all pace no quality.

The very best players do have both, thats why they are the very best, way out of our league.

A hybrid Tinnion/Bent would do me nicely :)

Not a very good hybrid, Tinnion was not very good at all at dead ball situations.

Tinnion was god awful at set pieces for someone who had such a good delivery from open play. I really don't know what they did in training. To be fair his best ball was the 40-60 yarder into the feet of Murray, his crossing wasn't up to much either if I'm brutally honest. probably why he looked better in a central deep lying role.

And as for Bent..... if only he had a brain, I know there was no point in him looking up, all he would have seen would have been the top of the grass

I would take Roberts all day long. He has a great left foot and is better than Woolford. I think people who insist a winger has to have pace doesn't understand football.

He would compliment our players brilliantly as he is an intelligent winger who can deliver a ball and has a good eye for a pass.

As he is on a free, left footed, so he can provide balance, and is so different from what we already have I seriously think we should be in for him. I would guess a lot of championship clubs will be in for him, and I would like us to be one of them.

I would take Roberts all day long. He has a great left foot and is better than Woolford. I think people who insist a winger has to have pace doesn't understand football.

He would compliment our players brilliantly as he is an intelligent winger who can deliver a ball and has a good eye for a pass.

As he is on a free, left footed, so he can provide balance, and is so different from what we already have I seriously think we should be in for him. I would guess a lot of championship clubs will be in for him, and I would like us to be one of them.

<sigh> sorry everyone, I forgot you have to explain everything or risk it being jumped upon and pulled apart. Gary Roberts is an out and out attacking winger and my reference to his lack of pace is that I don't think he could get up and down the touch line and offer sufficient protection to a full back. Very few out and out attacking wide players can get away with a lack of pace; Snodgrass is the only one i can think of, Hoolahan maybe though he plays infinitely better centrally. He's also always struck me as a bit lazy bit I always feel a bit bad terming players lazy from a handful of views

I'd also point out that he's a right winger, not a left. At least he's always played on the right for Huddersfield and I'm pretty sure he always played on the right for Ipswich. Pilkington and then Ward have occupied the left wing for town in recent years. He could be a left footed right winger but that would be odd

From looking at the Huddersfield forum, their fans seem to see him as a good, skilful player on his day but lacking consistency and has been injured quite alot. If he could do a job at Championship leveI would have thought a few championship teams would looked at signing him by now?

<sigh> sorry everyone, I forgot you have to explain everything or risk it being jumped upon and pulled apart. Gary Roberts is an out and out attacking winger and my reference to his lack of pace is that I don't think he could get up and down the touch line and offer sufficient protection to a full back. Very few out and out attacking wide players can get away with a lack of pace; Snodgrass is the only one i can think of, Hoolahan maybe though he plays infinitely better centrally. He's also always struck me as a bit lazy bit I always feel a bit bad terming players lazy from a handful of views

I'd also point out that he's a right winger, not a left. At least he's always played on the right for Huddersfield and I'm pretty sure he always played on the right for Ipswich. Pilkington and then Ward have occupied the left wing for town in recent years. He could be a left footed right winger but that would be odd

Got a couple of mates one Crewe the other Huddesfield fans and you have got Roberts spot on Chipdawg.

Talented player two footed but very lazy. Blows out his arse come 60. Turns it on when he wants. Sounds like most wingers but the reason he has never really progressed is due to the fact he likes the piss. Simple as that. I wouldnt want him here.

He will still be a wanted man despite his off field antics as every club in our divison (given the new financial rule thing coming in to play) are now on the look for a cheap talented players. Someone will take a gamble.

Pboro & Sheff W are keen i hear.

Forgot to add he has had his injuries too. Reminds me very much like Gavin Williams.

The very best players do have both, thats why they are the very best, way out of our league.

A hybrid Tinnion/Bent would do me nicely :)

Yup Brians Pace and Juniors Delivery!

Joking apart surely we can find a player who can deliver a pass on the run (and at least shoot with both feet)!!

Archived