IGNORED

Talk About Doing Business Early........

ciderbeans

Preston have signed the best part of a whole team already! i almost wish we conducted out business early like this sometimes to avoid missing out on players. I just hope we see some new quality recruits soon. This next season is a big one so we must get it right or I hate to say it but its the drop for us i'm afraid.

I am usually a very optimistic person but judging on last season and the fact we released a lot of the squad, it has left us with an even worse squad. I'm just afraid that if we don't recruit well and soon, we'll be in for another season of anguish. Besides all that, come on you reds!! :)

Preston released 22 players at the end of the season , so they cant hang about. Besides they are probably paying well over the odds for what they have got as they've got that leech Risdale running the show now.

Technically the 2011/12 season doesn't finish until tomorrow!!! It would be great to sign a few players now and get us excited about next season, but I'd rather us take our time and get the right players in. Having shed 10+ players from the squad (including loans), I think we'll be looking to bring in 5-6 decent players backed up by kids from the youth team and the possibility of bringing in loans if we have injury troubles. Keep calm and carry on chief

Technically the 2011/12 season doesn't finish until tomorrow!!! It would be great to sign a few players now and get us excited about next season, but I'd rather us take our time and get the right players in. Having shed 10+ players from the squad (including loans), I think we'll be looking to bring in 5-6 decent players backed up by kids from the youth team and the possibility of bringing in loans if we have injury troubles. Keep calm and carry on chief

Exactly. For example players like Cisse are perhaps talking to us as well as exploring other offers. Clubs are full of players like him who I hope we would be interested in, not just players who clubs have released as soon as they could and have no interest in keeping.

I am usually a very optimistic person but judging on last season and the fact we released a lot of the squad, it has left us with an even worse squad. I'm just afraid that if we don't recruit well and soon, we'll be in for another season of anguish. Besides all that, come on you reds!! :)

bloody hell! give the club a chance... its not even June yet!!

A couple of reasons why I dont think we will struggle next year........

1) We have a manager who actually has a clue....

2) We have a manager who said something along the lines of "its a relief but a season like this cant happen again. If the club are happy with seasons like this, then I want no part in it...". Im confident McInnes will leave if the club dont at least show a bit of ambition and allow him to sign players he wants

3) Yes we have lost a lot of players....but its all dead wood. Our squad needs to be clsoer, a lot more tight nit....the more players you have, the more clicks you get, the more problems you get. Del will want a smaller squad, all pulling together

Preston have signed the best part of a whole team already! i almost wish we conducted out business early like this sometimes to avoid missing out on players. I just hope we see some new quality recruits soon.

Sounds similar to a Mr Buckle's pre-season spending spree.

This next season is a big one so we must get it right or I hate to say it but its the drop for us i'm afraid.

Any team who does not get it right could get relegated but I think with the management team we now have in place we are getting things right. A few shrewd signings and I think we can battle for a top half finish.

They arent by all accounts, Westley and Risdale and Hemmings have a plan. Some of the signings are very astute which suggests that the transfers have been on going since contracts entered their last 6 months, something that we never seem to do and Ive discussed in depth before. It is all or nothing for Westly this season I guess, but the signings he is making are by no means panic buys.

Cant wait for our, players waiting for offers, getting refused and having no targets usual plan..

Westley is a bit like Gary Johnson in that he likes to have players of the right mentality and who respond well to his management style. Preston are where they are because they've spent a few years going down the "talented waster" route, as City often seem prone to falling into. Westley will shake them up by signing players with a bit of fight in them, and I wouldn't bet against him taking them up next year. Unless he can adapt, though, he'll go the same way as Johnson after a season or two.

Trying to find the players who can succeed at our level is much trickier. The talented wasters don't work hard enough and the limited hard-workers aren't quite good enough. There are a small group of players with both positive attributes but they're hard to find and even harder to keep.

There is no need to panic.

Preston are at a different level to us (no offence)

Most players, managers and directors are on vacation.

Unless you want our club to be signing the Dave Partridges or Frankie Bunns of this world complete with straw hats and wagging tails

Archived