IGNORED

Brendan Rogers

RedM

Radio 5 saying Brendan Rogers expected to be announced as the new Liverpool manager very soon. He was always their first choice apparently.

What's that got to do with us you all shout, well not much except aren't swansea rumoured to be the ones looking at Albert?

I am rather surprised by this, he's going to fail at Liverpool imo. They haven't got the players suited to playing the Swansea way and also he wasn't the one who got them playing that style, it was Roberto Martinez and Paulo Sousa.

I think Martinez is a better manager but what now for him? Villa? Maybe even a return to Swansea??

It's a disgrace for Liverpool to be apointing a new manager, so soon after the departure of King Kenny!

Don't the board up there realise that the Scousers are still in mourning..?!

Show some respect!!

I am rather surprised by this, he's going to fail at Liverpool imo. They haven't got the players suited to playing the Swansea way and also he wasn't the one who got them playing that style, it was Roberto Martinez and Paulo Sousa.

I think Martinez is a better manager but what now for him? Villa? Maybe even a return to Swansea??

I agree. Thats why I hope he gets it.

I thought Martinez could've done something special there. He is a very good manager.

I really hope he doesn't move there and the same with Martinez, It strikes me as another Woy Hodgson appointment.

If I were Liverpool, i would go for a more experienced manager with tons of European experience.

Van Gaal would be the outstanding candidate in my eyes.

I hope he does go there, and drops further down the leagues, maybe thos self pitying fans will then start to accept they are just fans, like any other clubs fans.

I hope he does go there, and drops further down the leagues, maybe thos self pitying fans will then start to accept they are just fans, like any other clubs fans.

Oh yeah, I actually can't stand Liverpool. But Rodgers is a good manager and seems like a decent bloke, wouldn't be nice to see him get the crap that Hodgson did.

I really hope he doesn't move there and the same with Martinez, It strikes me as another Woy Hodgson appointment.

If I were Liverpool, i would go for a more experienced manager with tons of European experience.

They are queueing up to manage an upper mid-table team mind.

Hodgson may have come good but Liverpool fans are too impatient, maybe because they have fantastic long term memory.

Oh yeah, I actually can't stand Liverpool. But Rodgers is a good manager and seems like a decent bloke, wouldn't be nice to see him get the crap that Hodgson did.

Well to be honest I am not sure about him, he seems to jump about a bit. He was at Watford for a short spell, before leaving them in the lurch to head to Reading, where he failed, but was lucky Swansea took him on, he has now been at Swansea for less than 2 years, taking on two other managers successful team, and now he looks to be jumping ship again.

I know and have said it in defence of players before, you take your chance when it comes, or you could regret it. But leaving teams in the lurch after spending a lot of money is not good. He is slowly dropping in my eyes, he is starting to look a bit Bruce like.

Well to be honest I am not sure about him, he seems to jump about a bit. He was at Watford for a short spell, before leaving them in the lurch to head to Reading, where he failed, but was lucky Swansea took him on, he has now been at Swansea for less than 2 years, taking on two other managers successful team, and now he looks to be jumping ship again.

I know and have said it in defence of players before, you take your chance when it comes, or you could regret it. But leaving teams in the lurch after spending a lot of money is not good. He is slowly dropping in my eyes, he is starting to look a bit Bruce like.

Watford to reading was a no brainer he want from a club with no money to a club with money who ahd just been relegated from the prem he got sacked from reading (or left by mutual consent) and did indeed fail there but has done a fantastic job at Swansea

Watford to reading was a no brainer he want from a club with no money to a club with money who ahd just been relegated from the prem he got sacked from reading (or left by mutual consent) and did indeed fail there but has done a fantastic job at Swansea

No doubt, but he just jumped into a team that had been set up that way to play by Martinez then the Portuguese guy (sorry I forget his name). He did a good job keeping them up, I am not really questioning his coaching/managerial ability, more his up and off at the next job opportunity mentality. I for one, would not be happy if a manager of mine blew 7 million then buggered off.

Now on the bbc site http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961 likely to be announced in the next 48 hours. On the radio it sounded like it was imminent. Swansea likely to get 4 or 5 million for him.

I guess swanseas were letting him splash the cash to try and keep him there. I also read Caulker is almost certain to go on loan there for another season too.

Now on the bbc site http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18235961 likely to be announced in the next 48 hours. On the radio it sounded like it was imminent. Swansea likely to get 4 or 5 million for him.

I guess swanseas were letting him splash the cash to try and keep him there. I also read Caulker is almost certain to go on loan there for another season too.

I would hope they would get the 7 million they paid for that player, just in case theri new manager doesn't like what he see, no harm done then.

They are queueing up to manage an upper mid-table team mind.

Hodgson may have come good but Liverpool fans are too impatient, maybe because they have fantastic long term memory.

Yeah, I understand that, but I think Liverpool would be a more attractive offer as oppsed to Fulham.

Yeah, I think Hodgson would of come good too, but with Daglish in the background he was destined for failure.

No they have far better players than Swansea will ever have.

Don't think it's completed. I know the fee and personal terms have been agreed but he hasn't signed anything.

If Brendan goes he may not sign at all.

Ahh, well that makes sense.

Not sure liverpool would want another midfielder, that is all they have, they must have 11 or 12 on their books. I would have thought they would be looking t options up top.

Actually I've heard that Van Gaal will be director of football.

Martinez didn't want to work under anyone, quite right IMO, so Liverpool have gone for Rodgers.

Why the Rodgers u-turn though? He wasn't interested previously.

No they have far better players than Swansea will ever have.

They have far better Premier League players, granted, but technically, the majority of the Swansea team are far better, but would probably be more suited to continental football rather than Premier League

Aren't liverpool going the wrong way about it?

They want director of footbll, surely you get them in place, before the manager, especially the big nmes they have been banding bout

I can't see it on the web so I must of heard it on the radio but they are no longer looking for a DOF with BR appointed.

Actually I've heard that Van Gaal will be director of football.

Martinez didn't want to work under anyone, quite right IMO, so Liverpool have gone for Rodgers.

Why the Rodgers u-turn though? He wasn't interested previously.

He didn't want to be involved in the 12 man candidate list, now it's a 2 man he is interested.

Archived