IGNORED

Steve Simonsen

Northern Red

Sensible, realistic, suggestion I think.

We don't won't that!!!!!! Maybe joe hart will have a shocker in the euros and will be desperate to leave man city he can house share with Michael Owen for the time being

One of my mates is a Sheff Utd fan and he said he didn't rate him, and that was at League one level.

Obviously that's just one guys opinion, but I think we could probably do a bit better. (I'm sure The Jock will be here any second now to tell us which Scottish-based GK we should sign instead)

My lasting memory of him is when we played Sheffield utd away at the end of 10/11 he had a mare and scored an own goal scarily similar to Jamo's against watford. The Sheffield fans spent the rest of the game sarcastically cheering every simple catch/save he made.

He was absolutely abysmal both times we played against United in the season they got relegated. He managed to let in corner from McAllister at Ashton Gate and then chuck one in his own net from a corner in the away game. These two incidents were not out of the blue as he flapped at everything all afternoon in both of those games.

The fact that he was released by Sheffield United says it all really. If he's not good enough for them why would he be good enough for us?

I think his release was more to do with them losing 15 million. and they now need to offload a few players to make ends meet.

He's 33 which is no age for a keeper. Always rated him when at Tranmere. I would have him above Gerken that's for sure.

You could stick Simonsen on Gerken's shoulders and he still wouldn't reach the penalty he hit at Wembley. :bonkers:

Saw him a couple of times this season including the derby match at Bramall lane against Wednesday and he was unbelievably poor. If you think Deano has poor control of his penalty box then you have seen nothing yet! He single handedly got Wednesday back into the match that day. 2-0 up with 15 to go I think and then they started punting balls into the box and it was noticeable how little faith the defenders had in him!

I really hope we are looking at better keepers than him.

I think his release was more to do with them losing 15 million. and they now need to offload a few players to make ends meet.

A voice of reason - being released has a lot to do with how much money you are being paid and loyalty bonuses etc as it does with talent, replacements coming through the system, or cheaper, but just as good replacements available in the market

As for signing him - it's a no from me

You could stick Simonsen on Gerken's shoulders and he still wouldn't reach the penalty he hit at Wembley. :bonkers:

This is very true - although Huddersfield failed to score any of their first three penalties and he made good saves for two of them - hardly his fault that United lost ...

Archived