IGNORED

Woy Has Lost The Plot!

Danny P

The team shouldnt be picked on attitude though should it, it should be the best players we have, are the attitudes of say Rooney and Cole the best? I'm really not bothered about Micah Richards as such, just think Glen Johnson isn't good enough to play for England, he constantly gives possession away, doesn't get forward enough and when he does he can't cross. Just think Micah is the better player

The two players most guilty of conceding Possession in the England team are Parker, who dwells on the ball too often, turns into trouble and has a second touch which inevitably becomes a tackle. Which leads me onto the overrated Gerrard and his Hollywood balls who has barely had a decent game in two years. 7 years ago he was great... Not anymore.

Exactly, but the only reason he isn't in the squad is because John Terry is.

Not for footballing reasons, but because of a court case.

Rio hasn't actually been in a England squad for a year, plus he hasn't actually been in a winning England team for two years.

These are the two issues for me, neither of which are Terry's or Roy's fault

Personally I'm glad that he's taking as much youth as he is,

I spoke to Peter Crouch in La Residencia, Deia on Saturday night, he couldn't believe that Richards was left out of the initial squad, he says he's a complete professional, like by fellow pros and a great lad.

Crouchy really is a top lad, top banter and he even asked me if id be up for a bit of wife swapping, my Mrs wasnt up for it by I was, he then asked her if he could just watch......good lad!

The team shouldnt be picked on attitude though should it, it should be the best players we have, are the attitudes of say Rooney and Cole the best? I'm really not bothered about Micah Richards as such, just think Glen Johnson isn't good enough to play for England, he constantly gives possession away, doesn't get forward enough and when he does he can't cross. Just think Micah is the better player

The thing is you can get away with a bit of an attitude problem when your up there with the top players in your position, cole is arguably the best left back on the planet and rooney is one of the top 15 strikers in the world, Micah Richards is nowhere near that level.

I would have taken him all day long, but the best players do not necessarily make the best team, when Chelsea were at their best under mourinho, they individually weren't the best side but as a team they were fantastic.

Are Johnson and Kelly better right backs though, I think not. Was just chatting to a scouser on site and he's dumbfounded that there's any Liverpool players in the squad, he's a season ticket holder and they all to a man have been poor this season

Are Johnson and Kelly better right backs though, I think not. Was just chatting to a scouser on site and he's dumbfounded that there's any Liverpool players in the squad, he's a season ticket holder and they all to a man have been poor this season

Obviously not.

Forget Kelly, he is there because he agreed to go on the standby list and has therefore been training instead of flying to Jamaica to sling rum and coke down his neck. Besides, he is very unlikely to see any minutes on the pitch.

Richards is a better player than Johnson, though not by much. Richards lost his place in the Man City team towards the end of the season as the manager didn't trust his focus. Now, whilst Johnson is a toilet thief, he may well be less disruptive in the squad. And to Hodgson that's important.

Eriksson and Capello failed because they picked the best players instead of the best team. I think Hodgson has made the right decisions with both Richards and Ferdinand. His mistake is that he's taking Terry.

Archived