IGNORED

Ask Steve Lansdown

BcfcAllen

Just read on twitter from Tim Shires that he is doing an extended interview with Steve Lansdown tomorrow for the bcfc podcast and so he is looking for questions that fans what him to ask. Apologies if already mentioned in another thread.

I've tweeted him asking if it's true the wage bill will be cut by 50%.

I wouldn't be surprised last year according to the mirror we spent 133% of turnover on wages. That is something that can't continue

What does success look like next season?

Promotion?

Playoff push?

Mid-table?

Avoiding the drop?

Have any overseas investors ever approached you about buying the club?

Put these Bristol-based sport related building projects in the order you'd expect to see them completed:

Glos CCC

Ashton Vale

Gash Stadium

An arena

nothing about budgets will be said, if we make it public knowladge on what we have got to spend it just puts transfer fees up,

Same with wages if that got public players will demand more money don't even bother asking the question as you won't get an answer,

The wages cut by 50% I can believe as that will bring us with in the FFP and see us spending 83% of our turnover not 133%

nothing about budgets will be said, if we make it public knowladge on what we have got to spend it just puts transfer fees up,

Same with wages if that got public players will demand more money don't even bother asking the question as you won't get an answer,

The wages cut by 50% I can believe as that will bring us with in the FFP and see us spending 83% of our turnover not 133%

Obviously he isn't going to say a figure, he will say that there is money to spend or not though. Or he will do a Colin Sexstone and say we will look to help Derek as much as we can.

Do you genuinly fear for the future of this country?

If the UK was a business of yours, would you disolve it?

Nobody would blame you if you stuck 2 fingers up and said cherrio, the way you and the club have been treated is nothing short of a fiasco and i'm ashamed you have been treated this way.

Are the purchases of the Hirerite buiding and other sites around AG anything to do with a potential Gate redevelopment?

I would also like to say 'keep fighting the Nimby's Steve'!

That's interesting, if Steve Lansdown was to forget Ashton Vale and redevelop Ashton Gate then the Williams Stand could be turned back into a two tier grandstand as it was prior to when the Germans bombed it in 1940.

It's been said in the past, e.g. when Steve Coppell was appointed, that transfer budgets weren't discussed at interview/appointment stage.

Don't you think this leaves some room for uncertainty or a difference in expectation between manager and the Board in relation to recruitment budgets?

As DMC is ambitious as you (SL) have also stated previously, will DMC be backed to the level he expects to bring in the quality of players we need to move the team forward?

Will Del have money to spend, what are the expectations for next year, what's the latest on the stadium?

With respect, predictable questions and I'll answer them for you now as it'll be no different to any other time the questions are asked

1. Will Del have money to spend? As always, we don't have a budget of sorts, however if the manager puts forward a proposal for a player he feels will improve the squad we will do what we can to make the deal happen within the best interests of the club. (Will probably add an extra sentence on about the FFP and having to be aware of that and be smarter in our negotiations)
  2. what are the expectations for next year? Last season was disappointing but we have a bright young manager in charge and we will obviously be looking to improve on last seasons showing.
  3. what's the latest on the stadium? At the moment there is no news on the stadium. It is with the council to review the applications again and we are now back to playing the waiting game.

Monkeh - dropping 50% of the wages, you don't take 50% off as 50% is half of what we were spending before - if that was 33% above what it should be I.e 133% half of that as you are cutting it in half is 66.5 so the wages would be slashed still further.

My questions would be 1. How do you think it looks to City fans when you state you won't just payroll us unyet we are losing millions upon millions every year, see you step away from the club and buy Bristol rugby, our stadium is dead on its feet und still all we hear is a deafening silence ?

2. Our debt is covered by you Steve being the owner. Can you see a time when we will be debt free and how realistically are you going to achieve that without writing a cheque, keeping us competitive or should I say making us competitive again whilst tearing the wage bill in half ?

3. Do you feel that appointing willie mcstay , Alex Russell and the other chap is a start to us stopping virtually every kid that walks into our academy having their hearts broken and allowing the likes of Exeter, rovers and Southampton from taking on and making many successes of our inadequate and shabby academy ? Or will there be a further shakeup and appointments to make our academy a success and not a laughing stock ?

1 - How do you Feel about how yourself and the club have been treated in the Ashton Vale debacle.

2 - Would you Stand for Mayor and if you did against the corrupt pocket lining joke that currently vies for this posistion. Would you be honest and make available all the rotten dealings in the system that pertains to represent the people.

3 - Thankyou for all your efforts which we Bristol City supporters appreciate more than you will ever know but " HOW MUCH MORE OF THIS S**T CAN YOU TAKE "

Archived