IGNORED

Del At The Euros

havanatopia

Might our manager be considering running the rule over these striker potentials at the Euros. Some are hardy professionals entering, perhaps, their twilight playing careers, others are just starting out or perhaps not quite good enough for the Prem. Either way, and since he mentioned it not me, we can perhaps consider that one or more of the players taking to the field at the competition, might be in a City shirt sometime soon.

STRIKERS

PAWEL BROZEK - AGED 29 - PLAYS FOR POLAND AND CELTIC

GEORGIOS SAMARA - AGED 27 - PLAYS FOR GREECE AND CELTIC

DAVID LAFATA - AGED 30 - PLAYS FOR CZECH REPUBLIC AND FC JABLONEC

TOBIAS MIKKELSON - AGED 25 - PLAYS FOR DENMARK AND Nordsjælland - also plays as a winger

HELDER POSTIGA - AGED 29 - PLAYS FOR PORTUGAL AND REAL ZARAGOZA - once of spurs.. blows hot and cold, not been with RZ long but he would be would be off the radar and can still win a match and may have something to prove in England where he failed to impress in his young days.

JOHAN ELMANDER - AGED 30 - PLAYS FOR SWEDEN AND GALATASARY

I don't think any of the above are beyond the realms of possibility for one reason or other.

Might our manager be considering running the rule over these striker potentials at the Euros. Some are hardy professionals entering, perhaps, their twilight playing careers, others are just starting out or perhaps not quite good enough for the Prem. Either way, and since he mentioned it not me, we can perhaps consider that one or more of the players taking to the field at the competition, might be in a City shirt sometime soon.

STRIKERS

TOBIAS MIKKELSON - AGED 25 - PLAYS FOR DENMARK AND Nordsjælland - also plays as a winger

HELDER POSTIGA - AGED 29 - PLAYS FOR PORTUGAL AND REAL ZARAGOZA - once of spurs.. blows hot and cold, not been with RZ long but he would be would be off the radar and can still win a match and may have something to prove in England where he failed to impress in his young days.

I don't think any of the above are beyond the realms of possibility for one reason or other.

Really?

Johan Elmander is on about 60k a week, Helder Postiga would never join us either.

Samaras would cost a fairly large fee and is probably on around 30k a week.

STRIKERS

Im from Poland and I can tell you for a fact that Brozek isnt wanted at Celtic and so is looking for a new club

STRIKERS

Hey Havana.

I'm going to resurrect my Scouting the Euro's Thread from last week, as I mentioned a number of players on there who we could potentially be looking at.

Of those you have listed Pawel Brozek could be a shout. He's still contracted to Trabzonspor but wants away, so he's not a free agent at the moment as some may have intimated further up on the thread.

Samaras, Postiga & Elmander would all be outside our reach financially in my opinion, but of course it's always worth a question to their agents!

David Lafata is one which could well be within our reach, but he'll be 31 in September. He's been top scorer the last 2 seasons in the Czech league, but I worry that he hasn't really done anything prior to this in his career. A very late developer perhaps? Don't know, but he's certainly THE form striker for the Czech Republic at the moment.

Tobia Mikkelsen is someone I'd hope we're looking at.

The only other players I feel we have a realistic chance of getting are :

Croatia - Jurica Boljat

Czech Republic - Daniel Kolar

Denmark Stephan Andersen, Tobias Mikkelsen, Nicklas Pedersen

Poland - Marcin Kaminski

Sweden - Samuel Holmen

Anyway, as I said, time to revive my Euro 2012 Scouting Thread!!

Hey Havana.

I'm going to resurrect my Scouting the Euro's Thread from last week, as I mentioned a number of players on there who we could potentially be looking at.

Of those you have listed Pawel Brozek could be a shout. He's still contracted to Trabzonspor but wants away, so he's not a free agent at the moment as some may have intimated further up on the thread.

Samaras, Postiga & Elmander would all be outside our reach financially in my opinion, but of course it's always worth a question to their agents!

David Lafata is one which could well be within our reach, but he'll be 31 in September. He's been top scorer the last 2 seasons in the Czech league, but I worry that he hasn't really done anything prior to this in his career. A very late developer perhaps? Don't know, but he's certainly THE form striker for the Czech Republic at the moment.

Tobia Mikkelsen is someone I'd hope we're looking at.

The only other players I feel we have a realistic chance of getting are :

Croatia - Jurica Boljat

Czech Republic - Daniel Kolar

Denmark Stephan Andersen, Tobias Mikkelsen, Nicklas Pedersen

Poland - Marcin Kaminski

Sweden - Samuel Holmen

Anyway, as I said, time to revive my Euro 2012 Scouting Thread!!

Appreciate your remarks there Harry. My list was not put together entirely at random and i think your remarks reflect that. Be interested to see your list. I thought Samaras looked a little weak last night. Mikkelsen and Brozek would be by favoured two but some of the older guys perhaps more realistic. I shall be watching the rest of the players and hope they put in some decent performances, if they play.

Appreciate your remarks there Harry. My list was not put together entirely at random and i think your remarks reflect that. Be interested to see your list. I thought Samaras looked a little weak last night. Mikkelsen and Brozek would be by favoured two but some of the older guys perhaps more realistic. I shall be watching the rest of the players and hope they put in some decent performances, if they play.

If we sign Samaras we will honestly have Bas Savage the second on our hands. He is terrible!

Harsh on Samaras. He is undoubtably a talented footballer with good ball control, but the Greek manager played him so deep yesterday he couldnt effect the game properly. Spent most of the time in his own half, no doubt at the instruction of the ultra defensive manager

If Samaras was to play in the Championship up front he would bag plenty of goals where his physical game would work best

Edited by Red Ferret

Harsh on Samaras. He is undoubtably a talented footballer with good ball control, but the Greek manager played him so deep yesterday he couldnt effect the game properly. Spent most of the time in his own half, no doubt at the instruction of the ultra defensive manager

If Samaras was to play in the Championship up front he would bag plenty of goals where his physical game would work best

Good. Was beginning to think my inclusion of him on my list was an error. Verdict still out mind.. need to see if he plays where he is at his best in the next match.

I hope Mikkelson and Postiga get a look in later today. I doubt the latter though.

DM will be scouring Scotland, Aberdeen Kilmarnock Ayr Utd etc

Mark Shanklund is worth a look at from Ayr United,he is only 16.If he makes a regular start in the first team.Liverpool were looking at him,he could have signed.Stayed and learned more playing first team.Think they have first dibs on him,if they want to buy him.Craig Sibbald is another quality youngster at Falkirk.