IGNORED

Del And Sl

Super

It's a nothing story; it doesn't report any facts about our transfer policy whatsoever and then the 'facts' it does report are wrong, i.e. Pearson being on loan here in the second half of the season: wrong, he was on a short-term contract. The Elokobi thing is heresay as far as we know and I suspect that this meeting with SL was probably scheduled weeks ago. It's just a series of vaguely coherent sentences that either say nothing or speculate on the meaning of certain interactions or whether those interactions occur at all. Do you really think the club will have wasted an entire month of close season umming and ahing about what the transfer budget will be?

It's not a nothing story. To me it sounds as though things are getting tighter and tighter at The Gate. It tells me that Dawe and Lansdown Jnr have no authority (and probably explains Sexstone's departure).

Why is the manager having to spend days with the owner just to get some movement on signings? As Lansdown is the "purse strings" it can only mean that our budget is not enough to get the players Del wants.

Also The Post seems to be getting itself some decent stories and angles on things lately. Could it be that for the first time in years our manager has forged a relationship with them? I'd rather read this than the sanitised nonsense on the OS where there is either deafening silence or where "everything in the garden is rosy".

For the record, if we cannot attract players of the standard of Keogh, Elekobi or Bikey then we're in for another almighty struggle.

For the record, if we cannot attract players of the standard of Keogh, Elekobi or Bikey then we're in for another almighty struggle.

At least Cardiff will be down there with us as, according to the story, they also had a bid rejected.

Or perhaps it's just a slow news day

I agree with Chipdawg, I believe this is nothing out of the ordinary and the tone of the story seems to be aimed at increasing anxiety in the supporters. Clearly the "slow sport news" period is causing the paper to rake out a few "dead donkeys" by roving reporter Phil Space.

It may be that DMc is looking to get things done in June but that KD and Lansdown Junior are not around for the kind of talks he needs. SL still has the purse strings even if he has taken a backseat so this meeting makes perfect sense.

It's not a nothing story. To me it sounds as though things are getting tighter and tighter at The Gate. It tells me that Dawe and Lansdown Jnr have no authority (and probably explains Sexstone's departure).

Why is the manager having to spend days with the owner just to get some movement on signings? As Lansdown is the "purse strings" it can only mean that our budget is not enough to get the players Del wants.

Also The Post seems to be getting itself some decent stories and angles on things lately. Could it be that for the first time in years our manager has forged a relationship with them? I'd rather read this than the sanitised nonsense on the OS where there is either deafening silence or where "everything in the garden is rosy".

But you're presuming things to be true that it's very unlikely the post would know about? Why does McInnes meeting SL mean that there are showdown talks about a budget? This meeting could have been scheduled months ago and SL may just want to discuss DMc's plans for the coming season. It's full of supposition and speculation and to be honest, is no better than the baseless nonsense we're use to seeing on here

Johnson spent the weekend with lansdown discussing transfer targets

Coppell spent the weekend with lansdown discussing transfer target

Millen spent the weekend with lansdown discussing transfer targets,

See the pattern?

as for attracting player for god sake mendip OUR ******* BID FOR KEOGH WAS REJECTED

WE HAVE NOT BID FOR ELEKOBI

WE HAVE NOT OFFERED BIKEY A CONTRACT YET!

How is that not attracting players?

Name one over club in the championship that have signed all their transfer target?

The window doesn't open until july 1st most agents do not become free until June 30th

WE DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS EVERY ******* SUMMER!!!!

See the pattern?

as for attracting player for god sake mendip OUR ******* BID FOR KEOGH WAS REJECTED

Name one over club in the championship that have signed all their transfer target?

The window doesn't open until july 1st most agents do not become free until June 30th

Could you be a bit quieter please, Some of us are still waking up!

As it seems McInnes has been on holiday, I would be expecting maybe a little more activity, but still nothing concrete until July would be my guess, when contracts have finally lapsed.

I doubt many people will be guessing correctly who we sign, all his signings so far have been completely off the radar compared to the guess work on the forum :)

Could you be a bit quieter please, Some of us are still waking up!

As it seems McInnes has been on holiday, I would be expecting maybe a little more activity, but still nothing concrete until July would be my guess, when contracts have finally lapsed.

I doubt many people will be guessing correctly who we sign, all his signings so far have been completely off the radar compared to the guess work on the forum :)

go back to bed you

Disagree it's not a non story . Last close season there was very little business done and for the last 5 or season we always seem very late off the mark bringing in players at the last minute and making panic decisions.

Now that CS is gone and SL is in Gurnsey is there a lack of leadership at the momment from the board .

We need to build the team we need new players with do many players leaving at the end of the season we are very light.

The consensus of opinion last season was let Del get rid of the dead wood get players we don't need on high wages of the wage build and then go and and build a new team .

Well we got rid of the players we don't want reduced the wage bill but we don't seem to building and preseason is a month away .

I don't want to get to a situation come August we are paying over the odds for players because we are desperate like we have done in previous seasons .

See the pattern?

Sorry, final point of my post was not as clear as I intended. I didnt mean we'd failed to attract those players but that we need to attract players of that standard to avoid a struggle.

You may be correct that these meetings have previously taken place but if we're now plotting our transfer activity, how come the bid for Keogh has already been lodged?

Also this is late to be starting, other clubs have started to make moves. If this has happened the last few years then it's not the best strategy as we've done too much business too late and started season after season badly. Perhaps a change of strategy is called for?

go back to bed you

I wish, up since 6, working since 7.30, and still half a sleep, Coffee time i reckon. Then back to the desk to see how many mistakes I have made!

As long as mcinnes doesn't offer Ian Baird a way back into playing, everyone we get in will be a bonus!

Sorry, final point of my post was not as clear as I intended. I didnt mean we'd failed to attract those players but that we need to attract players of that standard to avoid a struggle.

You may be correct that these meetings have previously taken place but if we're now plotting our transfer activity, how come the bid for Keogh has already been lodged?

Also this is late to be starting, other clubs have started to make moves. If this has happened the last few years then it's not the best strategy as we've done too much business too late and started season after season badly. Perhaps a change of strategy is called for?

How do you know we haven't we don't do our business in public like Peterborough or West Ham,

The manager has been on holiday, he said he wanted two or three in by the time players report back on July 11th thats plenty of time,

We signed Hunt, Stewart, James, Adomah, all by july 15th a couple of seasons back last season we had Taylor and Kilkenny in by mid july, this season we've rapped up contracts for Carey and Pearson so its not as if the club are sat on the backside doing anything,

Negoations are a two (three includeding agents) street and take a lot of time its not done over night like in football manager, Take Padolski for arsenal they were trying to sort that out since Feb and he only agreed to sign by the end of May

How do you know we haven't we don't do our business in public like Peterborough or West Ham,

The manager has been on holiday, he said he wanted two or three in by the time players report back on July 11th thats plenty of time,

We signed Hunt, Stewart, James, Adomah, all by july 15th a couple of seasons back last season we had Taylor and Kilkenny in by mid july, this season we've rapped up contracts for Carey and Pearson so its not as if the club are sat on the backside doing anything,

Negoations are a two (three includeding agents) street and take a lot of time its not done over night like in football manager, Take Padolski for arsenal they were trying to sort that out since Feb and he only agreed to sign by the end of May

Hunt, Stewart and James were all signed at the end of July. On the same day

Archived