IGNORED

New Signing ....potentially

redredrobin5

I dont often post on here because i read some of the threads and the bombardment of abuse people recieve is nothing short of madness...but anyway back on to the subject!!!

I am good friends with A Bristol rugby player who has no interest in BCFC at all but is aware i follow them.

He has heard through other Bristol RFC players who are Bristolian that we are close to signing this guy

Pedro Roberto Silva Botelho - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Roberto_Silva_Botelho

Please note that this hasnt come from a friend of a friend who knows someone in the clubs shops Nan, this has come from a professional sportsman and i am just passing on what has been said.

Take it or leave it!!!

Thanks redredrobin for passing on what you've been told. I'd much rather hear about a potential signing than some of the random threads that have been started recently, whether the rumour be true or not.

I take it you wrote down this players name when you were told I bet it wouldn't of been easy to remember!!

Bit worried about the inability to get a work permit if im completly honest - but could be a promising signing if true

i agree, but he can clearly get a work permit for Spain, why not UK, or am i missing something obvious? Do you need a work permit to be loaned out??

Not sure if were buying or loaning him, loan seems to be the easy option for this fella!

IF it actually happens!

Thanks redredrobin for passing on what you've been told. I'd much rather hear about a potential signing than some of the random threads that have been started recently, whether the rumour be true or not.

I take it you wrote down this players name when you were told I bet it wouldn't of been easy to remember!!

haha, my mate just said Pedro Silva from arsenal, so i googled it and found this guy!

I believe he has duel Spanish nationality.

Technically there's no such thing. (Spanish law doesn't recognise dual nationalities, he'd have to renounce Brazilian nationality which may or may not be a problem for him).

If he's got Spanish citizenship he'd be entitled to work in the UK under Freedom to Work.

Otherwise he'd need a permit which he doesn't qualify for.

It seems a bit unlikely to me given the complications, but if it's true I'd be quite excited to see a young Brazilian rated by Arsenal in our side.

he had trouble getting a work permit which is why arsenal loaned him out,

You need to reside in spain for 5 years to get duel nationaillty

Well after Arsenal signed him he went straight to Spain in 2007 so he may have qualified through residency by now. Anything could have happened to be fair; discovered a portugese grandmother or married a Spaniard. Seems somewhat far-fetched, but he appears to have some talent from what the Internet tells us

[media=]

Here's a sort clip i found of him on Youtube - doesnt mean anything but looks better than Mcallister!

He missed -I can just imagine the reaction from the old farts in the Williams if he did that!

Archived