IGNORED

Germany V Portugal Match Thread

bs3

• Admin

These pundits, " the official on the goal line didn't signal anything". Idiots.

If the ball DOESN'T go out for a throw in does the linesman raise his flag and say " it didn't go out"

+1 I was sat here wishing they could hear me ;)

Also Moutinho seems to be bearing the brunt of the Germans not feeling able to go in hard on Ronaldo, he's taking a battering.

So where is the line drawn? Lighters being thrown? Coins? Bottles?

Why is it necessary to throw anything at all?

I would draw the line at throwing jelly. jeez, what is so sinister about throwing paper. it's not a prelude to war on the terraces.

without being too harsh, their ancestors more than likely were. but we're not allowed to talk about that.

I'm sure that would not be the case with Gomez. Half the modern German team would have been booted out of *unacceptable word* Germany at best. You can't help reflect on the irony that the modern German side is built upon first and second generation immigrants.

I don't know, so frustrating, Portugal paid them too much respect, They could have torn them apart if they hadn't been so overawed.

Mind you I'm pleased to see that the long tradition of German comedy names is alive and well. For too long we've denied a Kuntz, but now we've got a Bender. I guess no one's allowed to say that any more? It's probably a hate crime or something. Perhaps the BBC could create a graphic to superimpose saying 'of alternative sexual preference', number 19. Would that work?

Mind you I'm pleased to see that the long tradition of German comedy names is alive and well. For too long we've denied a Kuntz, but now we've got a Bender. I guess no one's allowed to say that any more? It's probably a hate crime or something. Perhaps the BBC could create a graphic to superimpose saying 'of alternative sexual preference', number 19. Would that work?

ah yes, Baddeil and Skinner's 3 lions 98 video when most of the German team had Kuntz on the back of their shirts.

some music channels blur it out. it aint his fault it is his name.

Russia are virtually playing at home, so it's not suprising they've started well.

Going by the "quality" on show so far, it seems madness to expand to 24 teams

You might want to take a look at a map... Russia beat Czech Republic who are a lot closer!

• Admin

Im happy the Germans won

Could never cheer on a team with the likes of

Ronaldo nani and pepe playing for them

I thought the Germans were far worse (at staying down after nothing challenges) last night & Thomas Muller was the worst of all. Ronaldo certainly seemed to stay upright a lot more than I remember from his time in the Prem.

Apart from those of us who are not in England, of whom there are many when you look at their profiles, of course I might have missed a new OTIB directive.

Comprendi?

I'm sure 99 per cent of forum users first language is English or are fluent in English . Many of the overseas users are expats . So what is your problem , I made a light hearted comment about some users using the country's name in its own language , I wasn't having ago at anyone but for some reason you took exception and then abused me in two languages.

I'm sure 99 per cent of forum users first language is English or are fluent in English . Many of the overseas users are expats . So what is your problem , I made a light hearted comment about some users using the country's name in its own language , I wasn't having ago at anyone but for some reason you took exception and then abused me in two languages.

Firstly I never took exception and secondly I made a light hearted reply, methinks you are being a little to precious dear, lighten up.

bs3, you haven't been abused.

run the post through a translator and see for yourself.

I haven't done that but I do know a few words of German , I worked in the country 20 years ago so I take you word for it that I was wasn't called feeble minded . I wasnt being over sensitive I

don't my being abused Wasser aus ein ducken rucken

Archived