IGNORED

Sky Sports Free Agents Xi

marcofisher

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7803391/Free-agent-select-XI

As you can see there a fairly strong squad of free agents, any there you can see us signing and/or want them to join our club?

Quite frankly I would love to see Rodallega join us, but I have no idea about his wages and imagine them being relatively high. Also Cuellar may be a nice wat to bring us some solidarity at the back!

Rogadella!!! :laugh:, he will be either staying in the prem or in another top division in another coutry. Likewise Cuellar, who was on about 45k at Villa!

Completely unrealistic targets

Andrews i could see dropping down 1 level, and Shorey.

??? As opposed to Elliot, Skuse, Kilkenny and Pearson??!!! Much better than our present midfielders with respect to them and a great passer of the ball.

Exactly. Does make me laugh some people on here even now with this Suso guy, they are clearly better than what we have here now!!

Exactly. Does make me laugh some people on here even now with this Suso guy, they are clearly better than what we have here now!!

Well the same could be said for Hunt. Not all players just because they come from the Prem are good.

I'm not saying Suso or Guthrie are bad players. But you get the gist.

That 11 would be contenders at the title in this league. Most could easily still play top level football if not in England then in Europe somewhere.

Doubt many will be willing to be Championship players. Keith Andrews did spend most of last season at Ipswich, where he got a hat-full of goals, but I'd suggest if he did drop down it would be to a recently relegated side (Wolves, Bolton etc) or a established top half side with cash (Brum, Foxes).

Nicky Shorey is, for me, is a very underrated player. He was excellent for Reading in this league and the Prem, before being pretty solid when given a chance at Villa and Fulham. When he was on loan at Forest he was a class apart, and was far from poor for WBA. Just never got the same sort of run that he had at Reading due to injury and competition. Again, doubt we'd be able to get him, but if that possibility existed he'd be the best left back City will have had for a long long time.

Interesting that WBA also released Tchoyi this summer. Again, imagine he'll get top level offers somewhere in Europe, but I'd suggest he'd have been cracking at this level. Only hope on him and Shorey would be Del's West Brom connect, but it is a slim, slim hope.

Archived