IGNORED

Dels Summer Update

Redhyde

Nothing's happened. 13.40 of nothings happened.

Most interesting aspects are that Lewis Carey Jnr hasn't signed a deal yet, and Joe Edwards sees himself as either a right back or playing in a three in midfield.

We're trying to sign people. Good meeting with SL. Happy people he wanted to sign deals have so far. Happy with coaching appointments he's made. No news on Cisse.

All obvious stuff, don't bother watching it :P

I on the other hand found it reasonably interesting! I think Del shows a good, level headed determination and desire and it gives an insight into the type of person he looks for in his staff and that he has a certain standard of player that he is looking at. A standard of player that it appears, goes along with the size of cheque that SL is prepared to write out for their services!

It sounds like we have seen the last of Cisse. Del would clearly like him to re-sign, but will not hang around waiting for him whilst he is undecided.

Joe Edwards appears to have the opportuinty to break into the 1st team, if his performances are upto it.

I'm not sure just how much some people might expect to appear in such an interview at this stage of close season...?!

Joe had a great spell with Yeovil and he is a player I personally rate highly I wanted him in a right back towards the end of last season but because of the relegation scrap it would of been too much pressure for the lad

I'm not sure just how much some people might expect to appear in such an interview at this stage of close season...?!

There's nothing new though. IF you follow city on a day to day basis there's not much in the interview. I'm not complaining about it, I didn't expect him to start rattling off names of transfer targets mid way.

He's very media savvy. His approach is professional. He doesn't give anything away. These are good things, but not interesting. I'd much rather have a sane professional guy in charge than a soundbite merchant. But i'd much rather watch interesting content, which that wasn't.

There's nothing new though. IF you follow city on a day to day basis there's not much in the interview. I'm not complaining about it, I didn't expect him to start rattling off names of transfer targets mid way.

He's very media savvy. His approach is professional. He doesn't give anything away. These are good things, but not interesting. I'd much rather have a sane professional guy in charge than a soundbite merchant. But i'd much rather watch interesting content, which that wasn't.

I know what you are saying, but you know as well as I do, that if no interview was made available, then some people would moan that the club are too detatched from the fans and don't appreciate us blah blah blah!

I thought that the personable, yet savvy way in which Del came across was quite interesting in itself. I was not holding out much hope af anything particularly interesting coming in this summer. Maybe in numbers, but had resigned myself to no real quality of note and a real reduction in funds available. This interview has at least given me hope that this is not going to be the case and we may just get a much needed injection of quality.... :fingerscrossed:

Archived