IGNORED

Petition To Repeal The Bbc License Fee

Fiale

How you can reduce your annual spend on the licence fee....

1 - sign up to manage your licence on-line

2 - at expiry, do not renew - go online & request a change in payment method or frequency

3 - the BBC computer will email you and tell you it is processing your request which will take a few days

4 - do nothing as you have an email from the BBC telling you they are dealing with it (if you go online and check your account it will show that you have automatically renewed, even though you haven't) - print the page for your records

5 - after a month or so you will receive a polite letter reminding you that you have no licence - yet online it will still show you have renewed - print the page for your records

6 - as per 5, but not quite as polite - but again online it still shows you have renewed - print the page for your records

7 - a few days later go on-line and cancel your licence

8 - go online and take out a new licence in another name ie your wife

2-3 months free, in 12 months repeat the process

I've often thought that getting rid of BBC1 - which doesn't do anything that commercial TV does - would be a good idea, as it takes nearly half all the budget of the Beeb. 70 odd pounds a year doesn't sound so steep for some of the great stuff you get.

Bobodave, it's the very unlovely Crapita who collect the licence fee, on behalf of the Beeb. They get £123m for their efforts.

The best way to evade it, is move to a house that has never had a TV before and don't buy a brand new set. Despite all that bollocks about detector vans, it is essentially collected from records of houses that have paid in the past and by info collected by retailers.

• Admin

I'd pay the fee just for the radio alone. Fantastic value for money

+1

I hate those banal, intelligence insulting radio ads, so only listen to BBC radio stations, I rarely watch telly, so £3 a week or whatever it is, is a bargain for the great variety of radio, free of shite adverts.

I can't stand adverts for starters!

I use the BBC website daily (News, Sport, Weather); it is a fantastic resource. I listen to 5live, Radio 4 and on occasion Radio 1 or 2. I watch a limited amount of TV, however, a lot of it is BBC; QI, HIGNFY, Mock The Week, Spooks ****il it finished).

I think for what is offered it is excellent value for money.

How you can reduce your annual spend on the licence fee....

1 - sign up to manage your licence on-line

2 - at expiry, do not renew - go online & request a change in payment method or frequency

3 - the BBC computer will email you and tell you it is processing your request which will take a few days

4 - do nothing as you have an email from the BBC telling you they are dealing with it (if you go online and check your account it will show that you have automatically renewed, even though you haven't) - print the page for your records

5 - after a month or so you will receive a polite letter reminding you that you have no licence - yet online it will still show you have renewed - print the page for your records

6 - as per 5, but not quite as polite - but again online it still shows you have renewed - print the page for your records

7 - a few days later go on-line and cancel your licence

8 - go online and take out a new licence in another name ie your wife

2-3 months free, in 12 months repeat the process

Rather just pay the money.

Do you cut open your toothpaste to get the last dregs of that?

I've often thought that getting rid of BBC1 - which doesn't do anything that commercial TV does - would be a good idea, as it takes nearly half all the budget of the Beeb. 70 odd pounds a year doesn't sound so steep for some of the great stuff you get.

Bobodave, it's the very unlovely Crapita who collect the licence fee, on behalf of the Beeb. They get £123m for their efforts.

The best way to evade it, is move to a house that has never had a TV before and don't buy a brand new set. Despite all that bollocks about detector vans, it is essentially collected from records of houses that have paid in the past and by info collected by retailers.

I think we're beginning to converge here Robbo, I didn't realise that was half the budget but it makes sense as pretty much all the expenditure I object to results in BBC1 prorgrammes. Yes, £70 doesn't sound too bad for the rest.

Archived