IGNORED

Bristol Sport In Trouble? Not One Bristol Mp Is Bristolian !

Mr Mosquito

I was reading the letters page - page 10 - of this weekend's 'The Post' June 15-17 2012 and there's a great letter entitled "I hope he or she is a Bristolian". The letter states that not a single one of Bristol's 5 MPs is actually from Bristol !!!!! Bristol has had MPs and administrators parachuted in from elsewhere - and so - is it any wonder that us, the Gas, Bristol Rugby, ice skaters etc have difficulty getting updated or renewed facilities ???!!! These MPs and administrators have no real affinity with Bristol and the only thing they really care for is their massive salaries provided at taxpayers' (our) expense.

These non Bristolian European Unionist MPs and administrators have also helped Bristol lose tens of thousands of jobs with Bristol's tobacco industry being relocated to Belgium, chocolate production relocated to Poland and Rolls Royce engine production being shifted to Eastern Germany.

Rant over from a very concerned and Bristolian Red Goblin.

A rant of quality,

I first popped into this world in March 1965 at Southmead Bristol - and some say I've been ranting and raving ever since. :dancing6: My elderly relatives tell me that Bristol was a vibrant and flourishing city that had very near to full employment when I was born - maybe they look back with rose tinted spectacles at the bygone Bristol....but 1965 was a promotion year for us when we got promotion to the old division 2.

Anyway, excellent shout by Kenneth H Thomas of Wraxall who wrote the letter to 'The Post' - well done to you Sir whoever you are.

Just read the letter in question, thought i would share it, thanks for highlighting it Mr Goblin :read:

IN response to Mr Redway's criticism of R L Smith about Bristol and Bristolians in general. So why are so many politicians and

administrators parachuted in from other parts England and the whole of the UK? Why Bristol?

We can run our own affairs as well as any other town, city or country. Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham etc have not this problem. They have local born people who run their councils and services promoting themselves in a robust and constructive manner.

This shouldn't be a problem for anyone who has moved here into the area to make a home and seek employment to let the locals who know and have strong affinity with the area run the city as they feel free without criticism from newly arrived residents. Added to all that we have five MPs not one from Bristol. Perhaps this is why we are losing so much business and employment to Wales.

R L Smith feels we are being let down without our views being listened to. I must say I agree with most of what Mr Smith has written, and I am sure the majority of Bristolians do too.I really hope the new Mayor is a Bristolian, the city certainly needs shaking up and getting "shipshape" again. The city centre and shopping areas are architectural mismatch and mess.

Kenneth H Thomas

Wraxall

Just read the letter in question, thought i would share it, thanks for highlighting it Mr Goblin :read:

IN response to Mr Redway's criticism of R L Smith about Bristol and Bristolians in general. So why are so many politicians and

administrators parachuted in from other parts England and the whole of the UK? Why Bristol?

We can run our own affairs as well as any other town, city or country. Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham etc have not this problem. They have local born people who run their councils and services promoting themselves in a robust and constructive manner.

This shouldn't be a problem for anyone who has moved here into the area to make a home and seek employment to let the locals who know and have strong affinity with the area run the city as they feel free without criticism from newly arrived residents. Added to all that we have five MPs not one from Bristol. Perhaps this is why we are losing so much business and employment to Wales.

R L Smith feels we are being let down without our views being listened to. I must say I agree with most of what Mr Smith has written, and I am sure the majority of Bristolians do too.I really hope the new Mayor is a Bristolian, the city certainly needs shaking up and getting "shipshape" again. The city centre and shopping areas are architectural mismatch and mess.

Kenneth H Thomas

Wraxall

Thanks for typing it out Mr Mask. I put my own spin on his letter regarding sport in Bristol and the opposition to sporting ventures that Bristol's non Bristolian MPs and administrators help to support. Very serious issues were highlighted in the letter that should be addressed - why are the Lib-Lab-Con political parties not putting up Bristolian candidates for Bristol's parliamentary seats? It was written in the letter - "Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham etc have not this problem. They have local born people who run their councils and services promoting themselves in a robust and constructive manner." Bristol needs the same as Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham or else Bristolians will be a subjugated people in their own city treated as second class citizens by MPs and administrators that have been parachuted in from elsewhere.

Type it out!!! sod that...just copy and paste, but thanks anyway,

The whole situation seems ludicrous but hey, thats politics, who knows who, are you a funny handshaker etc etc

the whole system is rotten from the roots upward, just imagine trying to stand as an independent against the

main parties..Bamboo pits aint the half of it :mafia:

Type it out!!! sod that...just copy and paste, but thanks anyway,

The whole situation seems ludicrous but hey, thats politics, who knows who, are you a funny handshaker etc etc

the whole system is rotten from the roots upward, just imagine trying to stand as an independent against the

main parties..Bamboo pits aint the half of it :mafia:

I bought the paper yesterday for 45p and it's all online? The front page headline was about a plan to rebuild the 'Dutch House' that was destroyed by the German bombing of Bristol in 1940 - I bet the non Bristolian MPs and city administrators will be putting up opposition to that plan as well as it would benefit young Bristolians that will get some trades training from the project.

Jack Lopresti, MP for Filton. Born in Southmead.

Filton is not Bristol, Filton is North of Bristol. Jack Lopresti is Bristolian and an MP for Filton that is South Gloucestershire. Is Jack Lopresti part of the reason that South Gloucestershire would be more than willing to accomodate any Bristol sports club?

Kenneth H Thomas

Wraxall

How long has Wraxall been in Bristol? I thought it was in North Somerset.

As someone who emigrated to Bristol nearly 40 years ago I suspect my opinion doesn't matter - along with the thoughts and deeds of Cabot, Brunel and, thinking about footy, John Atyeo.

Does matter where you come from, IMO, but what you chose to give your loyalty and efforts to. In any event Gobbers, if you don't like non-Bristolians in public life you could always stand for election yourself. Either you'd get elected - then no problem, or the electorate would chose someone else - and as a democrat you shouldn't object to that.

Therefore may I be the first to suggest, on what is admittedly a slow Saturday for me:

Red Goblin for Major

(The good folk of Hartlepool elected a monkey so I don't see why not).

How long has Wraxall been in Bristol? I thought it was in North Somerset.

As someone who emigrated to Bristol nearly 40 years ago I suspect my opinion doesn't matter - along with the thoughts and deeds of Cabot, Brunel and, thinking about footy, John Atyeo.

Does it matter where you come from, IMO, but what you chose to give your loyalty and efforts to. In any event Gobbers, if you don't like non-Bristolians in public life you could always stand for election yourself. Either you'd get elected - then no problem, or the electorate would chose someone else - and as a democrat you shouldn't object to that.

Therefore may I be the first to suggest, on what is admittedly a slow Saturday for me:

Red Goblin for Major

(The good folk of Hartlepool elected a monkey so I don't see why not).

Yipppeeee the rank of 'Major'. :D

Anyway, I'd much rather be President of the USA - alas they do not allow people not born in the USA to become President.

The likes of Cabot, Brunel, Atyeo were beneficial to the prosperity and standing of Bristol in commerce and sport. Are you suggesting that the 'parachutists' that are the Lib-Lab-Con MPs and city administrators are of any benefit to Bristol?

Yipppeeee the rank of 'Major'. :D

Anyway, I'd much rather be President of the USA - alas they do not allow people not born in the USA to become President.

The likes of Cabot, Brunel, Atyeo were beneficial to the prosperity and standing of Bristol in commerce and sport. Are you suggesting that the 'parachutists' that are the Lib-Lab-Con MPs and city administrators are of any benefit to Bristol?

Oh, I've always thought that Bristol was badly run: poor schools, transport, sporting and cultural venues. Throughout it all the councillors that I've met and heard over the years have, with very few exceptions, been awful. The sad fact is, though, that Bristolians in their droves a) vote for them and b) can't be or find better candidates.

BTW, according to Donald Trump Obama wasn't born in the US, so before I propose you for mayor then I will need to see your long-form birth certificate first.

Oh, I've always thought that Bristol was badly run: poor schools, transport, sporting and cultural venues. Throughout it all the councillors that I've met and heard over the years have, with very few exceptions, been awful. The sad fact is, though, that Bristolians in their droves a) vote for them and b) can't be or find better candidates.

BTW, according to Donald Trump Obama wasn't born in the US, so before I propose you for mayor then I will need to see your long-form birth certificate first.

Indeed, there's a lot of controversy regarding where Obama was actually born. My birth certificate reads: Place of birth - Registration District: Bristol, Sub-district: Southmead. I'm thus a 'meader although I've never actually lived in Southmead. I don't think I'd make it as a Lib-Lab-Con politician as a) I'm a poor liar, and b) I'd never be willing to sell out my city and country to the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led European Union project.

Indeed, there's a lot of controversy regarding where Obama was actually born. My birth certificate reads: Place of birth - Registration District: Bristol, Sub-district: Southmead. I'm thus a 'meader although I've never actually lived in Southmead. I don't think I'd make it as a Lib-Lab-Con politician as a) I'm a poor liar, and b) I'd never be willing to sell out my city and country to the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led European Union project.

You could always stand as an independent - many people I know are looking for something different and quite a few of the elected mayors are not from the Lib-Lab-Con stable.

On the Obama stuff, don't know whether you saw it, but Obama did try to bury the story at last year's White House Correspondents' Dinner. Imagine being Donald Trump in that room whilst the coolest guy on the planet rips the p*ss out of you. Worth a look if you've not seen it:

Filton is not Bristol, Filton is North of Bristol. Jack Lopresti is Bristolian and an MP for Filton that is South Gloucestershire. Is Jack Lopresti part of the reason that South Gloucestershire would be more than willing to accomodate any Bristol sports club?

Oh...which 5 MPs were you referring to?

You could always stand as an independent - many people I know are looking for something different and quite a few of the elected mayors are not from the Lib-Lab-Con stable.

On the Obama stuff, don't know whether you saw it, but Obama did try to bury the story at last year's White House Correspondents' Dinner. Imagine being Donald Trump in that room whilst the coolest guy on the planet rips the p*ss out of you. Worth a look if you've not seen it: [media=]

Yes, but Obama still didn't show us his 'birth certificate'. :bored: This is the point I'm making about liar politicians because - for instance - Tony Blair is now blaming Rupert Murdoch for 'forcing him' to go to war with Iraq. Next Tony Blair will have us believe that Rupert Murdoch was really the Prime Minister of the UK at the time of the Iraq war. As for transport in Bristol, the Germans bombed out the tram system in Bristol during 1940 and it's now been 72 years and all the council have done is talk about bringing the trams back.

Oh...which 5 MPs were you referring to?

The 5 MPs that are within the Bristol City boundary as per the letter in this weekend's 'The Post' newspaper. Also, the real big power holders in Bristol are the 'administrators' as mentioned in the letter and they too are all non Bristolian as per the letter. I've wondered for some time why most of the top jobs and positions in Bristol seem to be awarded to non Bristolians. Maybe it's because Bristolians are not as good at shooting down parachutists as they are in other cities? :yawn:

Maybe it's because Bristolians are not as good at shooting down parachutists as they are in other cities?

Na, you fool, hot air balloons are our forte,

:worship2: I'll never forget reading in the Evening Post about the search for a sniper some 25 odd years ago. Apparently, someone was taking shots with a pellet gun at the air baloonists from the tower blocks in Kingsdown.

So Bristol MP's arent from Bristol. So what? As long as they do right by their constituents on a day to day level through clinics and contact regarding real problems that they face, then irregardless of political persuasion then they will have served their community well. A good MP is a good MP regardless of place of birth and political colours. If they arent any good then clearly they will get voted out. Simples.

As has already been mentioned, Jack Lopresti is Bristolian and an MP for Filton that is South Gloucestershire. Why don't the Lib-Lab-Conmen and women sponsor Bristolian candidates for the 5 constituencies in Bristol? The same goes with the Bristol City Council - why are they hiring out the top jobs to non Bristolians? It just seems rather odd that all the top civil and public jobs in Bristol seem to be awarded to non Bristolians. This is a clear case of discrimination against Bristolians in their own city.

The 5 MPs that are within the Bristol City boundary as per the letter in this weekend's 'The Post' newspaper. Also, the real big power holders in Bristol are the 'administrators' as mentioned in the letter and they too are all non Bristolian as per the letter. I've wondered for some time why most of the top jobs and positions in Bristol seem to be awarded to non Bristolians. Maybe it's because Bristolians are not as good at shooting down parachutists as they are in other cities? :yawn:

There are only 4 MPs in the Bristol boundary, but I still think that any MP should be able to contribute to the debate on issues that might be pertinent outside of the borders of their own area of influence. You refer to chocolate manufacturing being shipped to Poland (assuming you mean Cadbury's) and Rolls-Royce transferring to Eastern Germany. Both these particular industries are outside of Bristol, but have an impact upon those who live and work in Bristol. Likewise, I think it's absolutely fine for MPs to comment on the develpment of Ashton Vale, for example, even though it might not sit in their constituency. I might not agree with them, but that's democracy, I guess.

In fairness, the monkey would probably have a more balanced and tolerant outlook than RG

What about an octopus? You know, the type of octopus that's good at predicting football results. You give the octopus a straight 'yes' or 'no' question on an important political issue and the octopus moves over to the 'yes' or 'no' block. Rather like Paul the octopus that correctly predicted football results. Paul the octopus for elected mayor of Bristol :banana: ...........

paul-the-octopus-germany-against-uruguay.jpg?w=420&h=304

What about an octopus? You know, the type of octopus that's good at predicting football results. You give the octopus a straight 'yes' or 'no' question on an important political issue and the octopus moves over to the 'yes' or 'no' block. Rather like Paul the octopus that correctly predicted football results. Paul the octopus for elected mayor of Bristol :banana: ...........

paul-the-octopus-germany-against-uruguay.jpg?w=420&h=304

Gobbers - be prepared for a shock. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Paul died in Germany almost two years and therefore through his condition (being dead) is not eligible for election as Mayor of Bristol. Lucky escape for the people of Bristol say I. According to wiki Paul was born in Weymouth. Bloody foreigner.

There are only 4 MPs in the Bristol boundary, but I still think that any MP should be able to contribute to the debate on issues that might be pertinent outside of the borders of their own area of influence. You refer to chocolate manufacturing being shipped to Poland (assuming you mean Cadbury's) and Rolls-Royce transferring to Eastern Germany. Both these particular industries are outside of Bristol, but have an impact upon those who live and work in Bristol. Likewise, I think it's absolutely fine for MPs to comment on the develpment of Ashton Vale, for example, even though it might not sit in their constituency. I might not agree with them, but that's democracy, I guess.

You're right, there are just 4 MPs in the Bristol boundary. The chocolate and aerospace companies - Cadburys and Rolls Royce - employed workers from Bristol and so the MPs of the time should have done their jobs properly and campaigned more vigorously against their transfer to the EU project. There are two further 'Greater Bristol' constituencies just outside the Bristol boundary - Filton/Bradley Stoke and Kingswood. Jack Lopresti being MP for Filton/Bradley Stoke, being born in Southmead he's the one to vote for if you're a Bristolian patriot living in that area. Although, he is a Tory and it was Tories that treacherously signed us up to the EEC in 1973 and the EU in 1992 without any democratic referenda.

Gobbers - be prepared for a shock. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Paul died in Germany almost two years and therefore through his condition (being dead) is not eligible for election as Mayor of Bristol. Lucky escape for the people of Bristol say I. According to wiki Paul was born in Weymouth. Bloody foreigner.

Don't octopuses have hundreds of children? One may have been born in the Bristol docks for all we know and would make a great Mayoral candidate for Bristol.

Don't octopuses have hundreds of children? One may have been born in the Bristol docks for all we know and would make a great Mayoral candidate for Bristol.

Do they? I would imagine that two octopuses getting together with all those legs must make breeding very difficult.

Archived