IGNORED

Tom Maynard - Surrey Cricketer

Uncle Albert

He was on Cricket am at the weekend, certainly a huge talent, Surrey also suffered the loss Of Ben Hollioake a few years back who was also a huge young talent. Such sad news.

Surrey also lost Graham Kersey in 1996 due to a car accident.

Very sad new reference Tom Maynard, a police statement seems to suggest they tried stopping him in his car in the early hours of this morning after he was seen to be driving erratically. They lost sight of him and a man fitting the same description was later found on the tracks near Wimbledon station.

RIP.

Surrey also lost Graham Kersey in 1996 due to a car accident.

Very sad new reference Tom Maynard, a police statement seems to suggest they tried stopping him in his car in the early hours of this morning after he was seen to be driving erratically. They lost sight of him and a man fitting the same description was later found on the tracks near Wimbledon station.

RIP.

And of course one of the Holyoake brothers .

• Admin

To think that the last time I saw him would have been in the CB40 final when I was extremely annoyed that Somerset had managed to lose another final. The news today doesn't half put that into perspective.

RIP.

Can only echo this, very sad news.

RIP

Went to school with him and been on the piss with him various times, proper laugh and top man

Huge shame, phones been going wild today with the news such a shock

RIP

Being on the piss is what seems to have done for him.

How do you know that exactly?

The police reports won't make nice reading for you then mate

If the reports are true, and there's no reason to doubt them if the police have made them public, then this makes it even more of a tragic loss

Being on the piss is what seems to have done for him.

Don't think right now is the time to speculate what happened, let's wait and see what the police investigation finds. Spare a thought for the tube driver, he'll have that haunting him for the rest of his life

Like others the last time I saw him was when he helped Surrey win the CB40 at lords. So very tragic.

Don't think right now is the time to speculate what happened, let's wait and see what the police investigation finds. Spare a thought for the tube driver, he'll have that haunting him for the rest of his life

Like others the last time I saw him was when he helped Surrey win the CB40 at lords. So very tragic.

Yep, must be terrible as a tube driver, knowing their is a person on the rail way and you are pretty much helpless as you cannot stop a train so suddenly.

It seems people under-estimate dangers of a railway. I catch a train everyday and just walking on the edge of the platform is a bit iffy.

RIP.

I don't wish harm to anybody but surely, if the police had reason to stop his car and he ran away, then he was obviously hiding something (possibly over the limit).

As a cricket supporter, I mourn his passing but wasn't his demise down to himself and his own silly actions?

Apologies if this sounds like bad taste.

RIP to a sadly wasted talent.

I don't wish harm to anybody but surely, if the police had reason to stop his car and he ran away, then he was obviously hiding something (possibly over the limit).

As a cricket supporter, I mourn his passing but wasn't his demise down to himself and his own silly actions?

Bang on - as I said earlier, an even more tragic loss when you read the story

I think you're right and we all know that, but whether it needed saying is a different matter.

Archived