IGNORED

Club Redundancies?

EmersonsKev

If you're making more than 10 redundancies in any six month period there's a requirement to have a formal consultation process, looks like this is the start of one. The overall business employs around a hundred people that aren't part of the football organisation IIRC.

Not entirely surprised but not nice for those involved of course.

and maybe more evidence of "pooling of resources" between the Football and Rugby clubs

Exactly this, it was always going to happen, no point in paying 2 people when 1 can do the role for both us and the rugby club, that's not to say I don't feel for the people involved.

and maybe more evidence of "pooling of resources" between the Football and Rugby clubs

I wouldn't have thought that this has anything to do with it. The redundancies apply only to Ashton Gate Limited - which is all to do with operating the Ashton Gate stadium and non-football related activity.

Now if Steve decides to launch a company, let's say Bristol Stadiums Limited, then he could merge the operations of Ashton Gate and the Memorial Stadium (which effectively he owns) but we're a way from that. Other than that he could transfer the rugby club to Ashton Gate - but surely you would only do that after Ashton Vale or an alternative was built or the Gate redeveloped.

I wouldn't have thought that this has anything to do with it. The redundancies apply only to Ashton Gate Limited - which is all to do with operating the Ashton Gate stadium and non-football related activity.

Now if Steve decides to launch a company, let's say Bristol Stadiums Limited, then he could merge the operations of Ashton Gate and the Memorial Stadium (which effectively he owns) but we're a way from that. Other than that he could transfer the rugby club to Ashton Gate - but surely you would only do that after Ashton Vale or an alternative was built or the Gate redeveloped.

How do you come to the conclusion that SL effectively owns the Memorial Ground...??!

How do you come to the conclusion that SL effectively owns the Memorial Ground...??!

Stupidity basically. Brain(?) was off on another track altogether and go it wrong. Obviously that's wrong - what I should have been talking about was the independance of the Memorial Stadium operation and the rugby club and the likely transfer of the rugger b*ggers to Ashton Gate/Vale whatever.

Stupidity basically. Brain(?) was off on another track altogether and go it wrong. Obviously that's wrong - what I should have been talking about was the independance of the Memorial Stadium operation and the rugby club and the likely transfer of the rugger b*ggers to Ashton Gate/Vale whatever.

I am actually quite surprised that the second SL became involved in Bristol Rugby, that they were not moved straight over to Ashton Gate. The overnight increase in revenue that would make for Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd would be significant. Why continue paying rent to a 3rd party when AG is available to host rugby every other week.

This is not saying that I am particularly keen on having the Rugby move in with us, but from a purely business perspective, I am very surprised this was not instantanious.

I am actually quite surprised that the second SL became involved in Bristol Rugby, that they were not moved straight over to Ashton Gate. The overnight increase in revenue that would make for Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd would be significant. Why continue paying rent to a 3rd party when AG is available to host rugby every other week.

This is not saying that I am particularly keen on having the Rugby move in with us, but from a purely business perspective, I am very surprised this was not instantanious.

Probably due to there being a deal that they would play there for a certain amount of time

They are still under contract for another season at least, besides moving the Rugby club away from their "home" wouldn't be a popular decision at all with their fans, they may get to play in a biggest stadium however it's not their home and Lansdown would make himself very unpopular doing so, I'd be very surprised if they moved at all in the next few years.

My thoughts are that they will stay where they either until new Ashton Vale is open or the Memorial stadium closes down due to the rovers move, at which point he'll move them across.

Off the field, I'd imagine things will be merger with City alot sooner.

I think it's just to do with the FFP rules as much as anything, I suspect that playing squad an the rest of the clubs employees are treated as entirely separate entities. Bad news for those who've got the boot though, hope it works out for them

Does anybody know whether the FFP rules will be applied to Bristol City Holdings Limited (which includes the stadium) or Bristol City Football Club Limited (which is just about the football operation and doesn't include the stadium)?

Simple enough situation now but much more complicated fanancially if the rugby boys move.

I'm surprised it's put out into the public domain. When I was made redundant (not just me BTW) the firm tried to keep it firmly under wraps !

Same here, it's not exactly the mot positive thing to be announcing especially during close season when your trying to recruit players,

Thought it would be something they try to keep quiet

They are still under contract for another season at least, besides moving the Rugby club away from their "home" wouldn't be a popular decision at all with their fans, they may get to play in a biggest stadium however it's not their home and Lansdown would make himself very unpopular doing so, I'd be very surprised if they moved at all in the next few years.

My thoughts are that they will stay where they either until new Ashton Vale is open or the Memorial stadium closes down due to the rovers move, at which point he'll move them across.

Off the field, I'd imagine things will be merger with City alot sooner.

i don,t think bristol rugby would be allowed to share ashton vale or the gate and play in rugbys premier league as they changed the rules to all new teams sharing stadium but allowed those already in situ to stay where they were. but i could be wrong

i don,t think bristol rugby would be allowed to share ashton vale or the gate and play in rugbys premier league as they changed the rules to all new teams sharing stadium but allowed those already in situ to stay where they were. but i could be wrong

Unrelated but...DragonReds....you do realise our now. Cardiff fan....ouch

Exactly this, it was always going to happen, no point in paying 2 people when 1 can do the role for both us and the rugby club, that's not to say I don't feel for the people involved.

Yep. And you said as much 6 weeks ago on here but no one picked you up on it. One ticket office one club shop blah blah. Makes sense.

I have it on good authority that theirs alot of 'suits' walking around inside AG trying to look important but no one actually knows what the **** they do! The new board are slowly but surely getting to grips with club and running it like a proper buiness should do.

The rugby club can be playing in tim buck two for all it matters all their staff will eventually be based inside AG and untimately/hopefully AV.

Hopefully those who lose their jobs find themselves something not long after.

Certainly not going to do their CV any harm having worked at AG.

Depends , if any prospective employer is gas it might.

Well, people who work for AG are sure to have a brain, as for the people who work for the gas.. you could take their brain out and put it in a hazelnut shell and it would still rattle.

I can't comment for gas staff but the ticket office staff n food ppl are appealing (sometimes). The number of times they get my change wrong!

Sad, sad business when anyone loses their job this way particularly when the club ( and yes I am fully aware of the difference between Ashton Gate Holdings and the football side of things, but let's face it they hardly stand alone) has wasted so much money on inflated salaries for poor players, eg Nicky Hunt and a raft of average players, *insert name(s)*. There is every possibility that among those facing redundancy are individuals who have served BCFC with a great feel more diligence, professionalism and loyalty, at a minute fraction of the cost, than countless dispassionate mercenary footballers. I am deeply concerned that this is an initial indicator of greater problems afoot at AG. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I'm not sure the two clubs will be merged, while it does make sense financially Steve L won't be the owner of both for ever and unless they move permanently into our new stadium it probably won't ever make sense as at some point the clubs will go their separate ways.

I would say based purely on a guess that now is as good a time to streamline the non football staff as much as possible now we need to get the best value out of every pound we spend, without working there none of us knows if any areas are over staffed or could be done better and i would say the announcement is directed towards doing just that.

must be incredibly frustrating seeing the club spending huge amounts of money on 33 year old signings and handing out new deals to 35 year olds, and picking up keinan's wages for no reason whatsoever, then being told there's too little money available and you're losing your job

may be 2 seperate companies but its basically the same

Archived