IGNORED

Your Favourite Sporting Occasion

Super

Tough one, but were I to think about it, probably something from

Harmison's 7-12 at Sabina Park or Hoggard's hat-trick and Thorpe's 100 at Barbados or Lara's 400 at Antigua (I was very lucky on that tour)

1982 World Cup Final

2005 Ashes test at Old Trafford

Seeing Wayne Gretzky play at Madison Square Garden

Seeing Federer and Agassi in the US Open semi finals

Seeing Ronaldo at Internazionale before he was ravaged by injury

Edit: was only including stuff I was at.

I was at Lords on the day Pakistan were up to their no ball tricks, it that we knew it at the time! Part of cricket history I guess! Odd day, pretty sure we were 0-4 at one point that morning, then Broad got his first test match hundred, him and Trott batted the day out

Sporting highlights for me:

England v Australia Ashes 1998 (Gough hattrick)

All the Euro 1996 games (Holland a highlight)

Watching Rayo Vallecano stay up this season in the last second of injury time in the Primera

Watching Federer and Djokovic in the Madrid Masters

Watching Barcelona v Rayo and Real Madrid several times, witnessing magical football

In advance watching the mens 200 m final at the Olympics (very lucky, got tickets)

Being Bristol Challenger tennis champion 1989.

My favourite is the gas relegation to the 4TH DIVISION in 2011 making the divide between the 2 Bristol clubs 2 divisions for the first time in history, my 2nd favourite is the gas relegation to the 4TH DIVISION in 2001 because BCFC had a helping hand in that relegation and my 3rd favourite is our promotion to the top division in 1976 and it's subsequent 4 seasons, because it is a place the gas have never been and are never likely to ever play.

ODI West Indies v England in St Lucia around 8 or 9 years ago. Sunshine, party atmosphere, beer brought to your seat, superb local food, great atmosphere, had a tour of the press box and was a few feet from Gower, Botham, etc. The cricket was pretty good too, but was incidental to the whole experience. Back to back games over two days. The first was the best as I didn't have a hangover for that one. Also spent the evening in a bar with the whole team on a different island during the same tour. Good memories.

ODI West Indies v England in St Lucia around 8 or 9 years ago. Sunshine, party atmosphere, beer brought to your seat, superb local food, great atmosphere, had a tour of the press box and was a few feet from Gower, Botham, etc. The cricket was pretty good too, but was incidental to the whole experience. Back to back games over two days. The first was the best as I didn't have a hangover for that one. Also spent the evening in a bar with the whole team on a different island during the same tour. Good memories.

I have seen various games, tests and ODIs, on the Red Stripe mound at Sabina Park. Can't think of any location where I have enjoyed watching sport as much. Sun, swimming pool, beach, open bar, sound systems, food. And generally you can drink with the visiting team at their hotel after the match.

I have seen various games, tests and ODIs, on the Red Stripe mound at Sabina Park. Can't think of any location where I have enjoyed watching sport as much. Sun, swimming pool, beach, open bar, sound systems, food. And generally you can drink with the visiting team at their hotel after the match.

any idea when the next time we're out there otik?

Archived