IGNORED

Damion Stewart

Ray White

Does anyone else think he might get a look in this season? Played nearly 20 times in league one for a decent Notts County side who narrowly missed out on the playoffs, scoring two goals. I hope he gets given a chance pre season, I know hes 31 now but I reckon he's still got something to offer if he gets fully fit.

Odd one really - player of the season for QPR and then shipped out when promotion to the prem loomed.

Maybe more behind the scenes than we are being told.

Certainly his skull fracture took a long time to heal - maybe his confidence went for a little bit and is now returning.

If we are still paying him,It would be daft not to at least include him on the Scottish tour to see how hes going currently.

May save us the stupid 800,000k on Keogh.

Precisely - if we can't move him on then he has to be given a chance at some point

Looks like he needs to shift a couple of stone first, and I'd be over the moon if someone took him off our hands, but whilst we're paying him good money.....

I don't see why people on here have to be so abrupt and rude... It's a decent point, if you're not gonna say anything remotly constructive then really don't bother!

Rant over... I think he is as good as Keogh on his day, he looked like an old fashioned centre half when he played, a bit like Bikey when he was on loan. Not saying he's as good but that style of centre half. Even if as back up for the two starting centre halves, he deserves another pop in the team, to prove himself.

If Del still isn't convinced, the a few decent pre-season performances are definitley a good advertisment for him to get a new club.

I don't see why people on here have to be so abrupt and rude... It's a decent point, if you're not gonna say anything remotly constructive then really don't bother!

Rant over... I think he is as good as Keogh on his day, he looked like an old fashioned centre half when he played, a bit like Bikey when he was on loan. Not saying he's as good but that style of centre half. Even if as back up for the two starting centre halves, he deserves another pop in the team, to prove himself.

If Del still isn't convinced, the a few decent pre-season performances are definitley a good advertisment for him to get a new club.

Agree, it's been a big problem at this club for years - allowing managers to stock up on players and never really playing some of them. If he's being paid he should be in contention. I dont think he's looked too bad on the odd occasion we've played him.

He'll be on at least 7k per week, not least because he was a free transfer i believe.

He'll be on at least 7k per week, not least because he was a free transfer i believe.

Sorry, I don't get your point?

Past managers have been slated for freezing out players under contract and yet people now advocate McInnes doing the same?

Like all players under contract, he deserves pre-season to prove himself.

Past managers 'froze' out players who may have added to the side at the time eg Basso/Orr under Johnson and Cisse under Millen. Players who had proven track records at City. Why should McInnes, who many of us want to have a good clear out of underachieving overpaid 'squad' players, aim to move City away from being Championship strugglers by putting his faith in a player who has not offered enough in the 2 years he has been at AG??

Past managers 'froze' out players who may have added to the side at the time eg Basso/Orr under Johnson and Cisse under Millen. Players who had proven track records at City. Why should McInnes, who many of us want to have a good clear out of underachieving overpaid 'squad' players, aim to move City away from being Championship strugglers by putting his faith in a player who has not offered enough in the 2 years he has been at AG??

Interesting you mention Cisse. Probably our best player last year, who was given a second chance by Del. Now DS may not be any good but he deserves a chance under the new manager IMO. If he's sh1te in preseason then of course get rid...

Archived