I said it will be up to you if you do not accept the other teams terms

I spoke to Albert today, and he assures me that he wants to stay at city

He said I have 2 years left and I want to stay

He said it might not be up to him if city accept a big bid

He said 2 championship teams want him, but he wants to stay

I said it will be up to you if you do not accept the other teams terms

It's a simple senorio really

Big big bid and it's adios Albert, championship or Premier League club

People's opinion of Albert seemed to take a huge nose dive when he struggled for the second half of last season, almost as though some have forgotten how good he was in his first season and a half.

He is a class act at this level and when he does eventually go, I have a strong suspicion the same people will be missing him.

People's opinion of Albert seemed to take a huge nose dive when he struggled for the second half of last season, almost as though some have forgotten how good he was in his first season and a half.

He is a class act at this level and when he does eventually go, I have a strong suspicion the same people will be missing him.

I agree!! Still feel that he was carrying a knock tail end of 2011/12 and did get some rough treatment last season by opposition left backs! The level of expectation on the fella was enormous too, when so often he was perceived to be our only vaguely attacking/creative outlet and was frequently double-marked.

Albert is a typical English trained footballer, his game is based more on determination and pace, rather than technical football ability,

For that reason I'd be surprised if he ever played at a higher level than the championship, anyone over £1m will likely be considered by the club I fear.

He is a great player with a great attitude.

Came in for some terrible treatment second half of the season, Cov away still makes me wince.

I think having a normal job and working at his game from school has really given him an appreciation of what an envious and privileged position he now finds himself in.

Most unlike your average mercenary modern day footballer such as a certain West Ham reserve striker.

His next test will be to develope some consistency to his crosses.

I genuinely believe he missed Naynard's mobility and threat when he left.

When looking for that 'A List' striker, DMC will do well to look for someone with pace in abundance win could work

Whatever happens. He has been a great signing. Well done to the scout who picked him up. Am sure we will make a nice profit on him aswel aslong as we don't do same as what we did with Maynard. Think it was the Barnsley game where his form picked up again and what a speed he has to get away from players and good skill. Seems to be a good guy too. Not a big headed bugger like some of them.

Albert is a typical English trained footballer, his game is based more on determination and pace, rather than technical football ability,

For that reason I'd be surprised if he ever played at a higher level than the championship, anyone over £1m will likely be considered by the club I fear.

I have to agree, as I said before ,1m and I'll drive him there!

Don't dislike him but, think many overrate him on here, and actually many who sit around me in the dolmand are very sceptable of. His quality. Pace and close ball control , yep brill , football brain and ability to deliver ??

Quality player who seems to be burnt out second half of the season, most likely due to carrying the team for the first half of the season. Some of his skills and dribbling are unbelievable, he is far from the complete player but with improved end product would be a top half Prem Player.

If he had this end product he would not be here, hopefully we have a more balanced side with more threat from other areas of the team. Hopefully this will allow Albert to flourish and have a bit more time to devolop his game.

If it's only a million ("oinly"...what I'd do for one million quid...) then we say no, and play the boy so he can show his worth. If a better offer comes in January, then we let him go - if not, we re-sign him as on his day he's devastating. He's only young(ish) and last season went a bit off colour, but I reckon he can destroy teams given the right coaching.

Oh, and I think Kilkenny has potential but then I know others disagree...

Archived