IGNORED

City V R****s Ticket Sales

Tall King Blox

I think 8k tops

I think you are way off the mark there... If brfcforum is correct then it seems as though we have sold nearly a thousand and that was about a week ago.. If that's right then I guess we will sell close to the 3000.. I know a fair few going who ain't got tickets yet..

Surely city alone will sell 8000 for Louis's testimonial v the gas. At least 10k just city I'd say..

I reckon the attendance will be around 14k, it's hard to get in the mood at the moment but give it a week before kick off and everyone will be buzzing

I reckon that's about right. 13-14k which ain't bad for a friendly. Hopefully there will be more though. Wouldn't surprise me atall to be honest..

As a club, we don't really turn up for friendlies.

I think only Ajax has broken the 10k barrier in the past 5 years or so, and since then we have had Prem League home friendlies every season, let alone against 4th division opposition.

Hopefully the Bristol public will be up for this though.

I expect a really big crowd 15K plus. Out of interest, does anyone know if 2300 advance sales a month before kick off equates to a 15,000 gate? I guess the only comparison would be a cup game as season ticket holders have been taken out of the equation.

Friendly game or not, the fact that this is a testimonial for the longest serving living player in our history AND it against "them", surely anyone that supports us enough to buy a season ticket would not decide not to bother with this game...?! I expect about a £12k crowd, but would like to think it would be more.

Friendly game or not, the fact that this is a testimonial for the longest serving living player in our history AND it against "them", surely anyone that supports us enough to buy a season ticket would not decide not to bother with this game...?! I expect about a £12k crowd, but would like to think it would be more.

Well said, this bloke deserves a massive turnout, and as i type it sounds so wrong,

Ive got a season ticket but i wont be going to this friendly against those f'wits. It would take top side as opposition to get me to a friendly and its safe to say they are pretty much as far from being a top side as it gets.

I support lois vocally at every home game and by contributing to his wages for years.

I feel the negativity is un called for from both rovers and city fans....

Putting people off going. If you ain't going so what.. Don't go..

Sorry if you have picked up on , i quote "Negativity"...i dont think thats the case, as far as pre season goes we had all the vibe about going to scotland, and i think a lot of the true reds commited to these fixtures, flights, hotels and beer tokens, if you have a hole in yer arse you will know that it dont come cheap...then we have the Gerry Gow connundrum, which clashes with the above, and then the R...R....R...other Match, i dont think it's negativity, just honest "**** ime skint"

Sorry if you have picked up on , i quote "Negativity"...i dont think thats the case, as far as pre season goes we had all the vibe about going to scotland, and i think a lot of the true reds commited to these fixtures, flights, hotels and beer tokens, if you have a hole in yer arse you will know that it dont come cheap...then we have the Gerry Gow connundrum, which clashes with the above, and then the R...R....R...other Match, i dont think it's negativity, just honest "**** ime skint"

I have picked up on , i quote "Negativity" on both brfcforum and otib..

It's not a pop at anyone just saying if you ain't going and don't fancy it "don't go" and don't moan. I said this on our forum too..

I've not really read anywhere people moaning about the expense..

I am going but yet to reveal to the mrs the family holiday will involve leaving early and driving back to BS3 without stopping for six hours. Gas have been putting it about that their away support is brilliant and better than citys so they should sell out easily.

I am going but yet to reveal to the mrs the family holiday will involve leaving early and driving back to BS3 without stopping for six hours. Gas have been putting it about that their away support is brilliant and better than citys so they should sell out easily.

Doesn't seem like either side will sell out.. Gas fans " I'm not giving money to a shithead" ,, city fans " not interested in the L2 minnows etc etc (even though it's your longest serving players testimonial and a local derby for both of us..

I'm looking forward to it, and won't be put off but others are...

Ive got a season ticket but i wont be going to this friendly against those f'wits. It would take top side as opposition to get me to a friendly and its safe to say they are pretty much as far from being a top side as it gets.

I support lois vocally at every home game and by contributing to his wages for years.

That's exactly how I feel. Won't be going.

Doesn't seem like either side will sell out.. Gas fans " I'm not giving money to a shithead" ,, city fans " not interested in the L2 minnows etc etc (even though it's your longest serving players testimonial and a local derby for both of us..

I'm looking forward to it, and won't be put off but others are...

A lot of us think it's a stupid fixture to have arranged.

If it's going to be played in the true spirit of a local derby, with tackles flying in, then it's a game neither team needs.

Particularly not City considering past injuries.

If it isn't, why choose Rovers as the opponents?

With one week to go I think if the numbers look low the club should make the fixture all ticket and allow all adults to bring children U16 in FREE, this to obviously encourage the next generation of supporters

In reference to a City v Rovers game, a great opportunity to have a good pace game with only a week or two before the season starts.

Archived