IGNORED

Zola In At Watford, Dyche Out

eric04

Looks like Zola has been confirmed as Watford's new gaffer by the Pozzo family.

I guess Dyche will be moving on unless he takes a step down.

I can't believe Zola would come without the promise of some decent investment. The Pozzos own Udinese and a Spanish club so I'd expect a fair few players from Europe coming their way.

All bad news for City, unless we realise more investment has to be made just to stand still, but another club now likely to compete and make the league more exciting.

Surely though, due to FFP its not that straight forward. Unless they're getting the turnover then they can't just throw money at the club. Where this could seriously benefit Watford is the the deals they may do for up and coming Udinese players on the cheap.

Surely though, due to FFP its not that straight forward. Unless they're getting the turnover then they can't just throw money at the club. Where this could seriously benefit Watford is the the deals they may do for up and coming Udinese players on the cheap.

what if they signed players for udinese, then loaned them to watford for the duration of their contract, with watford paying 10% of the wage?

As far as I understood it, Watford would be used to farm out udinese young talent to get game time. I fully expect them to get some good young players on one or two season loans which will cost them 0. Udinese picking up all the costs. This ffp could be perfect for this type of setup.

How well it works is another thing entirely, but it seems pretty obvious why they wanted an Italian in charge to ensure the young loanees are played, coached and treated well.

I don't know whether the boredem of this summer has finally got to me, but I'm starting to wonder if the lack of movement in the transfer window from us is down to our targets being a little higher up the food chain than us fans have previously thought? Given the wages saved on the 13 (I think?) players that we shipped out, perhaps SL has ok'd some investment in some foreign talent or perhaps some Premier League squad players? Given our apparent non-pursuit of a succession of bosman left backs, surely it makes sense that our sights are set elsewhere?

exactly this and as other posters have said. Good feeder club for Udinese then, if Wats get to the Prem, the other way around.

This is a risky move for Watford and could backfire.

I like Zola but his time at West Ham was in no means an unqualified success and he's never managed at this level before. Dyche was doing a superb job in the circumstances and they could well miss him.

My thoughts exactly, plus the loan scenario didn't exactly help Doncaster last season.

Yep now been confirmed dyche sacked disgusting behavior

Why disgusting? The have bought the club, they have a very good football model that has worked for all the clubs they have bought. They didn't appoint the guy. They want someone in place that will work to the model they have set up for the other clubs they own. I can't see the problem.

yes unfortunate for Dyche who was doing a good job, but not part of theri long term plans, so why string the bloke along? Got rid of him, gives him a good chance to get him self sorted elsewhere, I am sure giving what he has done ther, he will have no problem finding another job. It's football, they all know it's cut throat when they go into it and then decide to become a manager coach etc etc.

All bad news for City, unless we realise more investment has to be made just to stand still, but another club now likely to compete and make the league more exciting.

My cousin who lives in Leighton Buzzard is a Watford Season ticket holder and is not too pleased.

The last Italian owners almost bankrupt the club!

I wonder what colour strip the new owners will insist on Watford wearing and what will the new name be?

The "Watford gaps" ?

Probably not going to happen I know but the precedent has been set so would not surprise me at all

Now there is one club, if I supported them, that would be more than welcome to change their strip.

Perhaps black and white stripes.. any loanies from Udinese could then come with his own shirt.

Well, its a money saver isn't it? !

They've only got 3 stands, you know...

Anyway, Dyche is a nob so no great loss there, why Zola's interested heaven only knows, as per another post surprised at his lack of taste

And agreed on the kit, regardless of who makes it, a yellow and red combo is minging, even our worst kit ever (and we've had a few horrors) would still be preferable

Archived