IGNORED

Have We A Ally In George?

redysteadygo1

I would and so would many more I reckon

Our council tax in South Glos is pretty similar to Bristol's, so there's no financial advantage of being separate from Bristol as far as I can see. I'm Bristol born and only live a couple of hundred metres outside of the City boundary in Soundwell, so I'd love to be within a Greater Bristol authority.

You end up with a Bristol centric agenda though. People in BANES are always complaining there is too much focus on Bath, with ex MP Dan Norris suggesting the creation of a Wansdyke council.

You only need see how South Bristol has been ignored for years. Where DOES the money go in Bristol?

Not to mention Bristol is about to borrow billions, who wants to inherit that debt mountain?

I did not apportion blame, i merely corrected barrs court about bristol being run by labour at that time. The two councils could not agree and were therefore not playing ball with each other, as i said, So where did i get my facts wrong?

As a point of reference Dawn primarola warned the two councils to sort things out months before the deadline was reached.

I did not apportion blame, i merely corrected barrs court about bristol being run by labour at that time. The two councils could not agree and were therefore not playing ball with each other, as i said, So where did i get my facts wrong?

As a point of reference Dawn primarola warned the two councils to sort things out months before the deadline was reached.

Ok Rich I take it back. Reading your post I think we agree on this issue .

Should City supporters not organise protests at each political rally to highlight the politicians failure to support Steve Lansdown in his ambitious plans to give the whole of the South West a stadium to be proud of?

But all the political parties did back City's stadium application. It's been stopped by people using the town green legislation. The council tried to get Bristol exempted from town green legislation (as part of the new deal for cities just announced), but were refused because it would take new legislation passed by parliament.

Archived