IGNORED

Van Persie Snubs New Contract

CiderArmyy

Maybe we can tempt him on a pay as you play? he can play just behind saha and owen and alongside sosa.. bit injury prone and no championship experience.. worth a short?

Goddamit beat me too it!

Isnt really fast enough to be the pacey striker we need alongside Stead, wouldnt quite cut it in this league with his lack of experience, will be very disappointed if comes off

In all seriousness now his most likely location is Juventus?

Goddamit beat me too it!

Isnt really fast enough to be the pacey striker we need alongside Stead, wouldnt quite cut it in this league with his lack of experience, will be very disappointed if comes off

In all seriousness now his most likely location is Juventus?

Surely Man City?

Pretty damning assessment of what lies ahead for Arsenal fans over the next few years. Wenger is continuing to challenge for the top honour of winning 3rd or 4th.

It's interesting when you read his statement. It reads...

I'm not staying.

I'm not staying.

I'm not staying.

We'll talk some more in 2 weeks.

I think there's a twist or two in this yet!

His stock's never been higher (and probably never will be again) so it's not surprising that at 28 he's looking for a big move. I don't think he's that great though and if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be more concerned about the lack of young talent coming through their ranks (comparatively) in recent years since they rely on that so heavily.

I don't see why Man City would want him over Dzeko. Dzeko's a different type of player IMO, I'd say Van Persie is similar to Balotelli and Balotelli is much younger and will be better if they can get him on the straight and narrow. Man City have a great set of strikers.

I don't see why Man City would want him over Dzeko. Dzeko's a different type of player IMO, I'd say Van Persie is similar to Balotelli and Balotelli is much younger and will be better if they can get him on the straight and narrow. Man City have a great set of strikers.

I thought Dzeko was going to Bayern Munich.

Maybe we can tempt him on a pay as you play? he can play just behind saha and owen and alongside sosa.. bit injury prone and no championship experience.. worth a short?

Van Persie , no.

Now if it was MacPersie then you'd be talking!

had one decent season at arsenal in 8 years.. too injury prone..but rumours are £22m offer from man city and 225 grand a week

132 goals and 72 assists in 279 games for Arsenal. 89 club goals in the last 4 years. "One decent season". Yeah, ok.

132 goals and 72 assists in 279 games for Arsenal. 89 club goals in the last 4 years. "One decent season". Yeah, ok.

i think what they mean by one decent season could be the fact that last year was the only time since he signed for arsenal where he played more than 30 league games in one season. his arsenal career has been injury ridden and has spent a lot of time on the treatment table. plus in all his years there, he's only won the FA cup once in 2005.

last season was good for him. but can it happen again??? who knows.

The lad has single handedly pulled Arsenal into the Champions League this season. Since he's been there they've one one major trophy, and that's in 8 seasons. His only chance of any real success at club level is to leave, now. I struggle to see how that's greed?

The lad has single handedly pulled Arsenal into the Champions League this season. Since he's been there they've one one major trophy, and that's in 8 seasons. His only chance of any real success at club level is to leave, now. I struggle to see how that's greed?

Greed from a financial point of view, he wants to move because there are teams that can treble what he earns at Arsenal, I\;m not really knocking him for it, I just wish players would be honest sometimes and say im not signing a new deal because i will make a 50 million at Man City

Yeah its not really greed, its taking advantage of the situation, he has his agent and advisers, they will ensure the best deal for themselves

Why not, if some Arab is throwing about oil money then get in there! Sign enough world class players and eventually you have a team, a team of players driven my money more than football i expect, but still ManC have proved it works, good for them. and its great to see this.

Greed from a financial point of view, he wants to move because there are teams that can treble what he earns at Arsenal, I\;m not really knocking him for it, I just wish players would be honest sometimes and say im not signing a new deal because i will make a 50 million at Man City

That's based on conjecture and nothing more, Arsenal would move financial mountains to keep him there you'd imagine. Trophies are what's missing for RVP, and rightly he wants out since Arsenal don't look capable of winning anything in the near future.

Archived