IGNORED

Cotterill Sacked

Fordy62

I think Nottingham Forest have difficulties dealing with their past history, the same as Liverpool do, and to a lesser degree Bristol City.

Before Gary Johnson arrived at Ashton Gate, I always got the feeling that everyone connected with the club, Directors, fans, players and commercial staff all felt that City deserved better, and had a right to be plying their trades at a higher level.

Gary Johnson came in and stripped the club of its "set in its way" culture, both on and off the field. The players and fans seemed to accept we were league 1.... because it's where we deserved to be. The club, players and fans responded, and together City were dragged into the Championship. The rest as they say, is history.

I think the same applies with Forest.

They still cling to their glorious history of twice being European Champions.

Their supporters come across as though they believe they should be Premier League, and have a right to be amongst the elite.

As such, maybe they clamour for success by appointing high profile managers who seem to fail time and again.

You have to feel sorry for Steve Cotterill. He kept them up when they looked just as likely to drop as we did, and in fairness, what I saw of Forest on TV they didn't play bad football. (they certainly played us off the park up there)

I'm sure he'll return to management again in the future.

As for Forest, who knows? Who cares?

I am sure that there are fans of many clubs out there who wish their club could be bought by hugely wealthy Russian/Middle Eastern owners. Their belief is that said new owners will bring in a top manager and spend huge amounts of money on players who will then propel them to promotion and glory.

However,in these circumstances I wonder if they should be careful for what they wish, as I do wonder just how much this new breed of foreign owners actually know and properly understand about English football outside of Man U, Citeh, Chelsea and Arsenal.

The new blackburn owners got rid of a proven Premier League manager and destined the club to relegation and decimation of it's squad. Leicester bought in Sven , gave him a shedload of money to spend and where did it get them?

Good luck to Forest but I hope it doesn't all end in tears................................

........................do I heck!

I dont think he was suprised nor any of us...its been on the cards. Probably a few more on the way out as well

Harry Redknap is a candidate but will he move from sandbanks...??

Forest are a smouldering giant..and now they have some DOSH.

If they've got dosh then the owners need to update their company website

http://www.fawaz-group.com/

HELLO 1996

So much hate towards foreign owners! They're ruining English football and think its some sort of play toy, all of that 120 year history will be out the window because of some far east mafia thinks its funny to play around with football clubs. Thank god for Steve Lansdown, a English owner and most of all, a City fan!!

If they've got dosh then the owners need to update their company website

http://www.fawaz-group.com/

HELLO 1996

:laugh:, Thats just there plumbing website mate where they made a few quid. The The Al-Hasawi family are amongst the richest in Kuwait and have made billions from investments. They have a reputation for investment in sport in Kuwait.....Still at least forest will be able to get cheap under soil heating .

So much hate towards foreign owners! They're ruining English football and think its some sort of play toy, all of that 120 year history will be out the window because of some far east mafia thinks its funny to play around with football clubs. Thank god for Steve Lansdown, a English owner and most of all, a City fan!!

Thats a bit of a utopian view with respect..if it wasnt for foreign investment the Premier League would have folded years ago.

Thats a bit of a utopian view with respect..if it wasnt for foreign investment the Premier League would have folded years ago.

I've never been a fan of the Premier League, the old English first divsion was so much better!

Can't stand Cotterill. Has anybody ever heard an interview with him after his team have lost where it is anything over than a bundle of excuses? I think my favourite had to be when he claimed his team had missed 'nine or ten absolute sitters'.

Did a cracking job at Cheltenham though...perhaps thats his level.

Well said.

If you look at this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners I make it 18 clubs in the top 2 divisions majority foreign owned now. And of the English owned ones likeTottenham, there's a fair few owners who could be classed as investors rather than fans.

The concerns must be that this will keep driving up wages as all these rich guys try and out compete each other. You do wonder as well what will happen to some of these clubs when these owners realise that they can't all be successful/profitable.

If you look at this list http://en.wikipedia....all_club_owners I make it 18 clubs in the top 2 divisions majority foreign owned now. And of the English owned ones likeTottenham, there's a fair few owners who could be classed as investors rather than fans.

The concerns must be that this will keep driving up wages as all these rich guys try and out compete each other. You do wonder as well what will happen to some of these clubs when these owners realise that they can't all be successful/profitable.

Actually just realised it's 19 now as Watford have just been taken over by an Italian.

Never liked Cotterell, a right J Arthur Rank and he's had quite a few clubs now.

As for McLeish or Steve Bruce Mk.2. He couldn't care less and will be off quicker than Usain Bolt when a better job comes along.

It would be a cracking appointment... for us.

They suit each other admirably!

As for the "famous club" I hate 'em

I think Nottingham Forest have difficulties dealing with their past history, the same as Liverpool do, and to a lesser degree Bristol City.

Before Gary Johnson arrived at Ashton Gate, I always got the feeling that everyone connected with the club, Directors, fans, players and commercial staff all felt that City deserved better, and had a right to be plying their trades at a higher level.

Gary Johnson came in and stripped the club of its "set in its way" culture, both on and off the field. The players and fans seemed to accept we were league 1.... because it's where we deserved to be. The club, players and fans responded, and together City were dragged into the Championship. The rest as they say, is history.

I think the same applies with Forest.

They still cling to their glorious history of twice being European Champions.

Their supporters come across as though they believe they should be Premier League, and have a right to be amongst the elite.

As such, maybe they clamour for success by appointing high profile managers who seem to fail time and again.

You have to feel sorry for Steve Cotterill. He kept them up when they looked just as likely to drop as we did, and in fairness, what I saw of Forest on TV they didn't play bad football. (they certainly played us off the park up there)

I'm sure he'll return to management again in the future.

As for Forest, who knows? Who cares?

'Played us off the park' - and lost.

Personally I don't rate cotterill, he was clearly out manoeuvred by Mcinnes that day, and doesn't have what it takes to deliver the success the new owners will be looking for.

Here's to a 3point opening day of the season!

Archived