IGNORED

Shrewsbury Striker Tom Bradshaw

HusseyBCFC

Brief glance at Wikipedia suggests he has a 1 in 4 record at one of L2's better clubs. Hardly encouraging.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about him but remember he is only 19. Albeit an extreme example but a young Alan Shearer had a similar return at Southampton. He could well turn out to be a gem in the same way Adomah has been, but then again, I know absolutely nothing about him to suggest he might be!

Left of field rumour though.

I dunno if its the same kid, but I remember a Bradshaw no idea if it is this one, being written up as some sort of one to watch wonder kid. I can't remember what paper it was in either. But if it was the same one, many people were saying he would have a massive future, and Premier League clubs were seriously looking at him.

Maybe, if it is him, he has gone of the boil a little, but still, it is not a bad striking rate for a young kid, who may prove to do better with better players around him. At his age, I would not be surprised if a lot of those 40 appearances were sub appearances, So wouldn't read too much into the strike rate of a kid of his age.

From their forum, on having to pay £30k to Aberystwyth:

Pricey, lets hope he turns his form around this season.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80025

I'm not getting the "next Alan Shearer" vibes here, sounds more like another "one for the future" who as he can't get into the Shrews first team we will never see on the pitch, like those two Irish lads Coppell signed.

I don't see any point in signing him, so presume it's a made up rumour.

I'm not getting the "next Alan Shearer" vibes here

Not the point I was making. I was going more along the lines of it being harder to judge a young striker based on their strike rate as they can suddenly blossom like Shearer did. Mind you, if this guy was the next Shearer I wouldn't complain!

Not the point I was making. I was going more along the lines of it being harder to judge a young striker based on their strike rate as they can suddenly blossom like Shearer did. Mind you, if this guy was the next Shearer I wouldn't complain!

Agreed, some teams have cracking midfields who feed balls to strikers who never recapture their form once they move (S****horpe), at other clubs strikers must feed on scraps so rarely break into double figures. But there seems to be nothing here to suggest that there is any good reason for getting him in, or that he could be the next Shearer. Barnet fans were raving about Adomah, that is hardly the case here.

The only parallels to a 19 year old Alan Shearer IMO are that Bradshaw is 19 years old and a striker.

Agreed, some teams have cracking midfields who feed balls to strikers who never recapture their form once they move (S****horpe), at other clubs strikers must feed on scraps so rarely break into double figures.

Like I said I know nothing about Bradshaw and he does seem a fairly random suggestion - on paper he doesn't look like a striker that would come in and score us 20 a season straight away. You're right about the midfield, and perhaps as a knock on effect we haven't had a potent really strikeforce for years. Even Maynard scored a fair of his goals in his prolific season from positions he created himself. I feel we need a) a creative midfielder to supply our strikeforce and b) a striker with pace to make runs and stretch defences. It seems agrees on this but it will be interesting to see if this materialises.

• Admin

Really can't see it. Struggles to get in the Shrews team (which isn't a criticism given his age per se) combined with Derek saying he will get the right players in, that being players who improve our starting XI. So a Shrewsbury reserve would get in our starting XI & improve it? Let's sign their 1st choice strikers then ;)

What I love about the way some people on here just dismiss players pretty much on the evidence provided by wikipedia,

"Brief glance at Wikipedia suggests he has a 1 in 4 record at one of L2's better clubs. Hardly encouraging". "Really can't see it. Struggles to get in the Shrews team (which isn't a criticism given his age per se) combined with Derek saying he will get the right players in, that being players who improve our starting XI. So a Shrewsbury reserve would get in our starting XI & improve it? Let's sign their 1st choice strikers then ;)"

He's 19 years old FFS, how many 19 year olds are regular scorers?.

What I love about the way some people on here just dismiss players pretty much on the evidence provided by wikipedia,

"Brief glance at Wikipedia suggests he has a 1 in 4 record at one of L2's better clubs. Hardly encouraging". "Really can't see it. Struggles to get in the Shrews team (which isn't a criticism given his age per se) combined with Derek saying he will get the right players in, that being players who improve our starting XI. So a Shrewsbury reserve would get in our starting XI & improve it? Let's sign their 1st choice strikers then ;)"

Couldn't agree with you more mate!!

• Admin

Given the quotes were both mine you will hopefully forgive me EMB, I am not attempting to write off his career & I wouldn't be upset if he was signed as one for the future (if we can afford that) as well as another striker but given the quotes from the club/Derek lately about signing players to improve the starting XI, I can't see much premise in this rumour.

I fully appreciate that at the age of 19 he has reasonable stats that suggest he does have a future in the game.

Archived