IGNORED

Bristol The Sportiest City In The Uk

Uncle Albert

I think it refers (I havn't read it) to the number of people playing sport in Bristol. This has always had a direct reflection on us having smaller crowds than many comparative northern clubs.

Simple fact is people seem to prefer to play rather than watch sport down here.

I think it refers (I havn't read it) to the number of people playing sport in Bristol. This has always had a direct reflection on us having smaller crowds than many comparative northern clubs.

Simple fact is people seem to prefer to play rather than watch sport down here.

Not much to read: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-sportiest-city-UK/story-16554595-detail/story.html !

It says it asks "how many consider themselves to be “sporty”

I always was told the Bristol had more football players and team per head of population than anywhere else in the country.

Plus all the Rugby teams in Bristol and Cricket is also very big with lots of teams and strong leagues .

So it does not surprise me one bit .

Also went to Durham to see England play the Aussies a week ago and it was a sale out . If that game was in Bristol it would have sold out with in weeks of tickets going on sale. So much for the sports mad North East.

I always was told the Bristol had more football players and team per head of population than anywhere else in the country.

Plus all the Rugby teams in Bristol and Cricket is also very big with lots of teams and strong leagues .

So it does not surprise me one bit .

Also went to Durham to see England play the Aussies a week ago and it was a not sale out . If that game was in Bristol it would have sold out with in weeks of tickets going on sale. So much for the sports mad North East.

Archived