IGNORED

Our Problem - Footballing Wise

LSN

Teams have sussed us out. Simple as. We play a 4-4-2 system with only the one winger and two holding roles in the centre of midfield. Doherty and Tinnion are not players who get in the box often, which means we only have the one forward player in the midfield.

I'm all for balance and with Wilson, we dont play that. Everyone cries out for a winger on the Left, not a left back. What happened to the 3-5-2 formation? I have always said that we play better with 5 in the middle. This way, we don't need a target man, we just out number the middle and a player from the middle has a licence to link up with the forwards.

Our speed with the ball has gone too. We are not playing quick passing and moving football now. It's all gone sideways and backwards. When we do get it forward it is ALWAYS to the wings. Our middle of the midfield does not link up with the forwards. We need to have 3 in the middle of the pitch for one to link up with the forwards. When the Forwards move, the midfield does not anticipate it.

As the current squad stands and injuries were not a burden, I would play Docs Tinnion and with Wilkshire just infront. But with Tinnion now getting on I would suggest that Wilson signs a quality proven player with the ability to anticipate forward movement and create an awareness with Wilkshire. I believe Wilkshire will blossom behind the front two. He will then have the licence to go wide, spread the play, link up, all sorts and be in a role of the creative midfielder that we bought him for.

It's been an up and down season, we have got one step closer, but tactically ability in Wilson does surprise me. I like Wilson, but I think the reason I do like him is the way we USED to play and not the way we do play now. We need something different. We need to change the system and use players to the best of their ability. We need to surprise teams with our line ups next year.

I'm City till I die and it doesn't matter which league we are in, I will always follow this football club because I see real potential with the players we have and the tremendous support we give to our club. We are the biggest club in the south west, next season, lets prove it. We just need to be more clever in our play, none of this hoofing. We need quick slick passing - with plenty of movement!!!

That is my evaluation of the season, maybe you think different, if you do then I would like to hear your opinion on the way we play.

ta, it's been a rollercoster ride, but this season has inspired me to see City even more next year.

East ender for life

(edit: spelling)

Guest bristolbred

Talking of Wingers, the "Flying Scotsman" hasn't exactly got the place alight!!, :grr:

Sorry Scotty, should have left you at Reading!!, :Sleep12:

Talking of Wingers, the "Flying Scotsman" hasn't exactly got the place alight!!, :grr:

Sorry Scotty, should have left you at Reading!!, :Sleep12:

Has he been given a chance this season though? A few substitute appearences and thats all.

Archived