IGNORED

Youngsters?

zider'ed

I spend a lot of time reading otib but rarely post so thought I'd give it a go.

There's been many threads and posts about players we're linked with and supposedly signing, just wondered peoples thoughts on players we actually own in this case Bryan, Reid, Holloway and Edwards.

I missed Bryan's debut at the gate but here he had a good game and held his own, do you think he could push Woolfoord and Pearson for the left mid position?

Reid had a good game against Hull a few seasons back, looked comfortable on the ball so could he be 2nd choice behind someone like Buzsaky/Hume for the 'in the hole' position?

I don't really know much about Holloway but seems highly thought of, could he make the step up this season?

And finally Edwards who had a successful loan spell with Yeovil last season, would like to think he could be pushing for a start at rb but the Championship is much more tougher than league 1.

Thoughts?

Edwards would be the one I expect to see push on this season, looked good in the games he has played and last pre-season looked really good when I saw him play, seemed to impress at Stockport then Yeovil so hopefully will get chances.

Bryan - who knows, came from no where for his debut and dispeered just as quick,

Reid did nothing at Cheltenham last season on loan, barely got games so who knows

Holloway - heard good things from Bath, but seems like attitude is the issue rather than ability

Think loan moves for the last 3 at league clubs is needed ASAP, Exeter and Cheltenham both hopefully will take looks

The great news is that we are ack to 7 subs again so they will definately stand more chance of action than last season

I agree that loan moves is a must if they're no where near the 1st team as this season is make or break for the youngsters and they're not gunna prove their worth sat in the stands.

Good point about the 7 subs could be vital experience and the chance of 20 mins if we're cruising.

From what I saw of the couple of reserve games and obviously the first team games I attended last season, Reid looks as if he has real potential, but has Kilkenny, Morris and potentially Buzsaky ahead of him for the creative midfielder role, so a loan would really benefit him. Holloway is big and strong but I have doubts about whether he has the quality to really cut it at Championship level unless he drastically improves this year. I would say Bryan is probably more likely to get games at left-back than left-midfield this season due to Bolasie, Pearson and Woolford all being ahead of him. However if we recruit another left-back or if Del sees Nyatanga/Foster as decent enough cover for Cunningham then I can see him being loaned out too. Edwards will be a squad player this year, cover for Foster, as Spence and Ribeiro are obviously gone now.

Reid did nothing at Cheltenham last season on loan, barely got games so who knows

Reid was only there for a month and they were on a winning/unbeaten run, bit harsh to write him off because he couldn't break into that team that was going so well...

Archived