IGNORED

Hendo

_Bristol-City_

Hendo was only ever bought by wham to keep Portsmouth going, so they could keep the points they got from pompey.

Not going to bother your argument about us letting him go, its irrelevant.

Only real surprise is that he went to wham to put himself in the same position is was in with us. Maybe money really does talk more than playing, which would appear to be the complete opposite for the reason given by him for leaving.

Wouldn't want him now if that is the case.

West Ham have signed another keeper, which now makes Hendo 3rd choice. Think it was a big mistake on our part to let him go to Pompey.

Incorrect. THe keeper they have just signed is 19 years old and will provide back up to Jaaskelainen and Henderson.

West Ham have signed another keeper, which now makes Hendo 3rd choice. Think it was a big mistake on our part to let him go to Pompey.

You have got the highlighted sentence incorrect buddy, it should read "think it was a big mistake on his part going to Pompey and then West Ham", especially given that he would almost certainly be our NO.1 now and not somebody else's no.2 or no.3

incorrect. Apparently he told his local newspaper back home he had been assured 2nd choice.

How can you tell me I'm incorrect and then follow it up with "Apparently" ??!!

You might want to read the final paragraph of the attached.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120723/hammers-sign-spiegel_2236884_2856128

Stephen henderson was our best prospective keeper by a long shot .was it not for the david james era he would almost certainly be our first choice keeper now ....and we'd have substantially more money in the pot!

Having said that deano has been more than just capable. He deserves no 1 this year . we shouldnt spend money pomising a new keeper first team football as a formality.

Stephen henderson was our best prospective keeper by a long shot .was it not for the david james era he would almost certainly be our first choice keeper now ....and we'd have substantially more money in the pot!

Having said that deano has been more than just capable. He deserves no 1 this year . we shouldnt spend money pomising a new keeper first team football as a formality.

... correct me if i'm wrong but he was never regularly selected above Gerken was he?

Archived