IGNORED

Spare A Thought...

...for Jer Boon. Imagine doing what he has done this year for it to end like it did yesterday.

It was not the defeat that ruined his season, it was the performance. After what Jer has done this season, is it too much to ask for the team to have shown the slightest evidence of passion, desire, fight and hunger for the first division?

The team let us all down yesterday, but most of all they let down Jer who has suffered setback after setback this season and always got back up and said "at least it will make a good story".

The man deserves a medal. He has accomplished the impossible this year, he has worked so hard. He has raised thousands for charity. But the best thing about him is he has done it all with a grace, humility and modesty that has astonished everyone who has met him. He's so modest he'll probably tell me off for posting this when he sees it.

So, I just want to say to Jer, don't worry about the result. You have nothing to feel sad about or ashamed of. I am incredibly proud of what you have achieved and so is every City fan, and football supporter, on this planet.

WELL DONE JER!

bike.gif

I can only echo that, not much more I can add really.

I expect though that if someone had given Jer a pair of boots and told him to play he would have put a more committed and passionate performance than some on the pitch.

Archived