IGNORED

Race For The Sack

ciderbeans

I haven't checked any odds but i reckon it's worth betting on Sean O'Driscoll to be first for the sack. It may be early but lets look at some facts....

Not the greatest reputation or record in the world as a manager and a suprise employment considering the new owners wanted an outstanding manager to take them forward.

The first signing of the club was conducted out of the managers hands and by the owners. No say by the manager on transfers could cause unrest. Especially if he fails to play them.

The squad he has inherited is meager at best with a threadbare defence and not a lot of quality up front. There will have to be some astute signings to have any chance. Could mean a bad start to the season and an inevitable sacking.

I for one will check the odds and place a bet. What are other peoples thoughts?

Could easily be Warnock as he nearly walked a while back over disagreements over funds etc, if he doesn't get a great start after he's brought a few guys in I could see there being more disagreements between him and the board.

I haven't checked any odds but i reckon it's worth betting on Sean O'Driscoll to be first for the sack. It may be early but lets look at some facts....

Not the greatest reputation or record in the world as a manager and a suprise employment considering the new owners wanted an outstanding manager to take them forward.

The first signing of the club was conducted out of the managers hands and by the owners. No say by the manager on transfers could cause unrest. Especially if he fails to play them.

The squad he has inherited is meager at best with a threadbare defence and not a lot of quality up front. There will have to be some astute signings to have any chance. Could mean a bad start to the season and an inevitable sacking.

I for one will check the odds and place a bet. What are other peoples thoughts?

It's amazing how 10 months ago, everyone wanted him as City manager before they had even heard of some bloke from St Johnstone, now hes first for the sack according to some.....

Keith Hill if Barnsley's miserable end to last season (had it finished about 2/3 weeks later they'd have gone down) continues into the start of this one.

Kean appears to be pretty secure, if they were going to bin him then you'd think they'd have already done it by now.

I see where you are coming from with Kean; if the chicken lickers sack him it kinda endorses the view the majority hold that they have little or no idea what they are doing. However, they may be so boxed into a corner come mid October that they do a volte face. Damned either way ever since they sacked Sam, and rightly so.

blackburn's squad is a good one for the championship, i dont think they will struggle

They also have Steve Kean for a manager and spent £3 Million on Leon Best.

Not a chance it'll be Malky, Cardiff will have a decent squad come August.

Where would Del feature in the betting I wonder?

Presumably fairly short odds when the bookies look at the form: we've changed managers in each of the last 3 years, early in the season in the last two and we are likely to be competing at the wrong end of the table as we have for the last couple of seasons. Hopefully Del defies the odds!

Archived