IGNORED

Worst City Home Kit Of All Time

FredTheRed08

I don't think this memory will ever leave me...

0,,10327~553605,00.jpg

Hideous. The collar, the badge, the white panels down the sides, the sponsor logo, the model... And what's with the weird opaque background of people fake cheering?

Pure cheese and tack - awful!!

The funny thing is that most of the people that don't like it are the same ones that moaned they would like something different!

I think people need to see it in person before judging too as it looks real smart.

I dilsike it because it was needless to change the traditional home shirt after one hundred years of being red and white.

I think the majority of fans like this seasons home kit. Neutral fans seem to really like it as well, from what I've seen.

It's just another thing to moan about for the minority.

You call it moaning I would call it observation. Fans were not asked if they would like to see a home shirt featuring colours the club has never played in, or shown alternatives. The change in identity is driven by adidas and the clubs marketing department not fans. That is a spreadsheet driven identity, inauthentic and plastic comes to mind.

Our new home kit is nice, we've got the best in the league! The only reason why people dont like it is because they dont like change!

No, they don't like it because its shit!

Definitely a marmite shirt though.

Regarding the OP, i went to the balloon fiesta with my kids ( son and daughter ) when the thorne shirt first came out, they were both wearing the tops i was a proud parent cos loads of kids kept coming up to us and commenting on the new strip, and all were positive, some great players wore those colours, dont take the piss !!!!

The funny thing is that most of the people that don't like it are the same ones that moaned they would like something different!

I think people need to see it in person before judging too as it looks real smart.

You were very assertive in your view that the Eastends character should not be altered for advertising. The same people have also significantly altered the character of the clubs kit.

? whatever he said ?

He argued robustly that the nature of the Eastend should not be "changed", that space for flags should not be used for advertising. He also claimed that people who do not like a "change" in the clubs home colours are moaners and that the kit looks "smart". That is different perceptions, not moaning.

Worst kit is definitely the Lotto effort from the season we were promoted as runners up to Watford. After a really good effort the season before, the shirts were overly baggy with huge flappy sleeves. Awful collar. Stupid "Olde English" writing on the sleeve. Sanderson Computer Logo like some kind of LP Record on the front. If I recall correctly it wasn't available for the players on the opening day and not available to Supporters until around Xmas.

Yet, it will always be associated with one of our best seasons at that level (remember that unbeaten run we had?).

Seen it now and it is hard to recognise as being City at all. Too dark and drab.

Archived