IGNORED

What's Going On?

Oops

http://hereisthecity...e-are-they-now/

Portsmouth this and Portsmouth that.

They won something.

Something more than City ever has.

I don't have a message to send or a point to make, but I bet Pompey fans, even now, remember this with pride and passion.

And we can't even sign Bikey.

Thats whats wrong with BCFC - we lose sight of whats important - winning SOMETHING - for the first time in a very long history.

Morris, Cunningham...............nuff said.

Four numbers for you, mate: 1982 - personally, those of us who (just) remember that don't want to see our club in that position again. If that means we don't win much, so be it. But I'd rather have a crap Bristol City than no Bristol City.

I'll tell you why, mucker.

Don't pay a 37 year old ex-england goalkeeper 16 grand a week to drop ludicrous bollocks in his own penalty area. That was a good plan wasn't it?

Don't buy unproven Slovakian strikers for close to £1,000,000 and then find out they've got the yips.

Don't buy Nicky Hunt.

We've spent the money on shite that we should have spent on quality footballers. And its our money.

See my point?

he was 39 coming up to 40 when he signed.

In my opinion, the current situation at the gate can be directly attributed to the Coppell debacle.

Lansdown really went for broke with that appointment as illustrated in the deloittes research done on that financial year that showed that City had the highest wage to income ratio in the top two divisions.

What I don't really understand is what happened once Coppell left.

Lansdown could not have been naive enough to think that a single season of spending would guarantee promotion, but rather than plump for another high profile manager to continue the project, he seemed to immediately retreat to his shell, made a cheap appointment and in the intervening years has looked to wind down costs considerably.

So, why did he start paying big wages if he wasn’t prepared to sustain them over a period of a few seasons?

In my opinion, the current situation at the gate can be directly attributed to the Coppell debacle.

Lansdown really went for broke with that appointment as illustrated in the deloittes research done on that financial year that showed that City had the highest wage to income ratio in the top two divisions.

What I don't really understand is what happened once Coppell left.

Lansdown could not have been naive enough to think that a single season of spending would guarantee promotion, but rather than plump for another high profile manager to continue the project, he seemed to immediately retreat to his shell, made a cheap appointment and in the intervening years has looked to wind down costs considerably.

So, why did he start paying big wages if he wasn’t prepared to sustain them over a period of a few seasons?

We did and finished 10th 10th 15th and 20th thats why its stopped

We did and finished 10th 10th 15th and 20th thats why its stopped

2008/2009 10th Place Finish 7.5 million wage bill

2009/2010 10th Place Finish 9 Million wage Bill

2010/2011 15th Place finish 11 million wage bill

2011/2012 20th place finish 12.5 million Wage bill

I think it went roughly like that

:fish:

And another one takes the bait.

Whats up love,boyfriend not kneeling down enough this month?

You really are hilarious aren't you, pathetic child. Why can't you just get behind the club rather than want us to risk our existance by encouraging us to spend beyond our means alas Portsmouth

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2861703,00.html

Hopefully this helps settle the nerves of the moaning Bell.gif ends

Some clubs are still choosing to spend vast amounts of money on players and transfer fees which will simply not be sustainable as FFP comes into effect. With the salutary lessons of what has happened at Rangers and Portsmouth, we are simply not prepared to go down that very risky road.

The impact has already been felt on the playing side, with 11 players leaving the club in the last month. FFP will act as a wake up call for all players and their agents, irrespective of which club they are at. There will be many out of contract players out there this summer who will not be able to ask for, or receive, the same level of salary from their new clubs.

We, the fans, pour our heart into this club year in, year out.

We're told that we need to sign players, if not to compete, then at least survive in the Championship.

For 5 years we've been treading water at best.

Does Mr Lansdown have the funds available to fuel his passion for BCFC? Or has he lost interest in our beloved club?

We can't attract players, this is blatantly obvious.

If we want Premier League football, (which i assume everyone in the championship is striving for) then we need to gamble.

We need quality players, like everyone else seems to be buying.

The question is: We support the team unconditionally, ALWAYS. But when do we get a return on our emotional and financial investment?

Steve Lansdown is unbelievably wealthy. He says BCFC is his passion.

Time to invest in the future of the club mate, not the future of Bristol Rugby.

That translates to NOT buying Rugby teams, and putting your immense wealth to a single concern.

We nearly fluked a Premier League slot in 2007-8, and look what happened and who we signed the season after.

Co-incidence?

Unzip your wallet for ONE season Steve, or we'll continue to be a laughing stock for the likes of Derby, Watford and the Florists.

Unless something drastic occurs in the next 4 weeks, We're a league 1 team by Xmas.

Are the signings we made "drastic" enough for you ??

Archived