IGNORED

Gerry Gow - Buy A Ticket Even If You Can't Go

RedZepperin

Gerry Gow is a true legend, unlike many players who are described as such and have won nothing of any consequence. He played at a time when we were flying high and capable of beating any team in England on our day. This game could be a real boost to our club, as well as being a testimonial for Gerry. Recent sports dinners (Spirit of '76 etc) have been expensive and therefore inaccessible to may fans. This game is reasonably priced and promises to be educational for younger fans, giving them a glimpse of how great this club was and could be again. If people make the effort to get there, then they will enjoy. I'm expecting a big crowd and a fantastic day.

Did exactly that couple of days ago. A true legend.

A good option for exiles, people on holiday, etc. is to buy a ticket online to support the cause even if they can't go. I'm a long way away, fairly skint and pretty tight anyway but feel guilty about not contributing to this event.

I'll try and get on the website again in a mo.

not expecting a big crowd if only one stand is open.

Won't be as many as he deserves, but the stand holds 5,500-ish so I hope it's full. Bought mine last Friday and they estimated a sale of 2,000 so far, although it was a bit vague.

I imagine they may auction off the shirts as some point. They look good.

Am going to POTD because the online ticketing system only seemed to want to dish out row A, rather than us selecting seats.

Can't wait for Saturday!

It's not working at all for me (the site, that is). I sent an email and that's come back as an unknown recipient or something. It appears impossible to book a ticket online for Saturday's game.

Gerry Gow is a true legend, unlike many players who are described as such and have won nothing of any consequence. He played at a time when we were flying high and capable of beating any team in England on our day. This game could be a real boost to our club, as well as being a testimonial for Gerry. Recent sports dinners (Spirit of '76 etc) have been expensive and therefore inaccessible to may fans. This game is reasonably priced and promises to be educational for younger fans, giving them a glimpse of how great this club was and could be again. If people make the effort to get there, then they will enjoy. I'm expecting a big crowd and a fantastic day.

Spot on. Personally i was to young to have watched Gerry but he was my Dads favourite player without doubt. I have met him a couple of times and despite his fearsome reputation back in the day he seems a down to earth humble man who (like the Ashton Gate 8) deserve a day like this to be a roaring sucsess. I am shocked and disapointed that sales are so low given the supposed esteem Gow is held in.

Whether people are regular at AG now or not, anyone who has had a passion for this club since the late 60's should be coming along to this to say thank you to a true legend. This is beside the fact there are some greats from more recent times playing aswel which will make it a fun day out in the sunshine if nothing else.

Drag along anyone you can and if you cant make it follow Zeppelins example and contirbute to a very worthy man.

Anybody know if Gerry is actually going to play a part in tomorrow's match? According to the latest article on the OS he is NOT in the squad.

I thought the whole point was he would at least have a little run about.... I mean that's why many people are going.

Anybody know if Gerry is actually going to play a part in tomorrow's match? According to the latest article on the OS he is NOT in the squad.

I thought the whole point was he would at least have a little run about.... I mean that's why many people are going.

As far as I know he is just kicking the game off.

Is Tommy Doc not playing either?

Drag along anyone you can and if you cant make it follow Zeppelins example and contirbute to a very worthy man.

The ticket website is still not working (for me anyway) so that option is not possible.

Is there any sort of testimonial fund that we can contribute to?

Archived