IGNORED

Steve Wigley

_Bristol-City_

New head of development and U-18 coach at Fulham.

Suprising to me, think Fulham have a fairly weak youth system in place.

sorry to disagree but you are quite wrong.... Fulham have a great system in place and won the academy premier league last year.

They won group B which BCFC play in by the way and then won a semi final against runners up in group B and a final with Balckburn from Group A

they are therefore statistically the strongest U18s team in the country and have been up there for a number of years

well done Steve W

sorry to disagree but you are quite wrong.... Fulham have a great system in place and won the academy premier league last year.

They won group B which BCFC play in by the

way and then won a semi final against runners up in group B and a final with Balckburn from Group A

they are therefore statistically the strongest U18s team in the country and have been up there for a number of years

well done Steve W

Fair point but I tend to judge academys from ages u16 down, there's still a bit but less

transfers around those ages. This sort of shows what their own academy produce. That's just my way though. How many of Fulhams u-18s have been there more than 2 years, do you know?

His pedigree and track record suggest that he knows what he's doing - which is why it surprised me that he so strongly (and publicly) supported KM, even when it was apparent that KM had completely lost the plot.

Jon Stead on the wing

that wasn't one of his finest hours :laugh:

He is one of the best coach's City have had in it's history, A very sad day when he left. It was his input which brought Steven Caulker & Danny Rose to Bristol City.

Very Good coach, did a cracking job at Southampton, bloke is very highly rated and just a shame he has worked for some crap Number 1's

He is one of the best coach's City have had in it's history, A very sad day when he left. It was his input which brought Steven Caulker & Danny Rose to Bristol City.

Good coach but crap number one/ assistant imo, You'd be surprised I think Millen and Wigley failed becuase of the players ethos towards them, I think the players saw miilen and wigley more as mates then boss etc. SO this made the players relaxed about their positions in the starting eleven each week therefor theres no fire in the belly and the determination to play as well as you should. Wigley did well by bringing in Rose and Caulker because of his connections with England u21. I would of kept him as a coach when Del arrived but I doubt he would want that here.

Good coach but crap number one/ assistant imo, You'd be surprised I think Millen and Wigley failed becuase of the players ethos towards them, I think the players saw miilen and wigley more as mates then boss etc. SO this made the players relaxed about their positions in the starting eleven each week therefor theres no fire in the belly and the determination to play as well as you should. Wigley did well by bringing in Rose and Caulker because of his connections with England u21. I would of kept him as a coach when Del arrived but I doubt he would want that here.

I think Wigley made his own position untenable by that last interview he gave. Good coach or no he shot himself in the foot... perhaps intentionally.

I failed to detect any sign of his supposed good coaching during the time he was at the Gate. The team never looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing...

Quite. I remember him leading warm ups pre-match and the whole affair looked a shambles.

Also I won't praise him for Rose seeing as he (Roae) didn't once look motivated during his time here. Also I'm not sure/convinced how instrumental he may have been in recruiting Caulker.

Quite. I remember him leading warm ups pre-match and the whole affair looked a shambles.

Also I won't praise him for Rose seeing as he (Roae) didn't once look motivated during his time here. Also I'm not sure/convinced how instrumental he may have been in recruiting Caulker.

If it wasn't for Wigley they both wouldn't of here!! Wigl,ey was a coach/assistant to Pearce for the u21 squad so he had contacts and thus help made those signings for us! He did what he could with us, Fulham wouldnt of appointed him if he wa sh*t.

If it wasn't for Wigley they both wouldn't of here!! Wigl,ey was a coach/assistant to Pearce for the u21 squad so he had contacts and thus help made those signings for us! He did what he could with us, Fulham wouldnt of appointed him if he wa sh*t.

Rose probably but I'm not convinced Caulker was due to Wigley. The lad was miles from England under-21's when he arrived and there was seemingly no competition for his signature.

Also the fulham wouldn't employ him if he's shlt comment is rubbish. Plenty of incompetent swines earn very good livings out of football.

New head of development and U-18 coach at Fulham.

Suprising to me, think Fulham have a fairly weak youth system in place.

apologies for the late response, in answer to the question i suspect you are suggesting that players tend to come and go quite quickly once passed the U16s age group.

I think you do have a fair point in general, especially at Chelsea for example which is a real conveyor belt at the U18s level, however i believe 7 of the starting line up that beat Blackburn in the final last year came through the junior academy, and having watched their U16s play on several occasions i suspect this years crop of U18s will also take some beating.

There is no doubt in my mind that Steve will inherit a good crop of players and a sound system, even if the academy itself is rather unfriendly, unreasonably policed and unfriendly to visitors.

Archived