IGNORED

Rovers At Home. Less Than 4K Sold!

sbred

I agree the money should go to charity, would you go if the money went to charity or would you just find another reason ?

I'd go. I just don't feel that today when even championship players earn big money fans should give them more money at a testimonial match.

If i was you, would go F block williams, only block that is busyish. G block dolman looks dead.

Cheers mate problem solved just have to forget the half time pint though! Just hope it's a ok ish atmosphere and the police/stewards arnt too ott. Mate got thrown out at the Leeds game last season for standing and singing in block f

I'd go. I just don't feel that today when even championship players earn big money fans should give them more money at a testimonial match.

Fair comment...................so I take it youll be giving £15 to a charity or wont go to any more games because we pay for the over inflated wages ?

Me, after the gas and Gerrys game unless the quality of football picks up I wont be paying £25+ to watch any of the over paid rubbish we have at the gate.

PS. I do believe Louis is donating a large sum to charity unless some one can prove me wrong ?

Sorry but they are our detested rivals, always have been, always will. I dont by into this "Cardiff are now our biggest rivals" or "Not in our league" you will never understand unless you were about in the 70's and 80's and to be honest Louis comes a second for me would have gone whatever.

Never understand?? Behave. Really bugs me this whole "football ain't what is was....people these days don't understand". Yawn

Sorry but they are our detested rivals, always have been, always will. I dont by into this "Cardiff are now our biggest rivals" or "Not in our league" you will never understand unless you were about in the 70's and 80's and to be honest Louis comes a second for me would have gone whatever.

Ive Always thought that the cardiff thing was just something people said as a piss take.. But I think some of the young uns are maybe buying into it???

A 1-0 win down the gate for the gas in the next few seasons would soon change that.

Fingers crossed eh???

I just dont get our fans sometimes. People bleet on about rubbish pre-season games, the lack of the derby and footballers not caring enough about their clubs. Here we have all 3 and yet people are coming up with poor excuses not to go.

"cant sit in the Eastend!" - So what? It's been well documented that the police dont want this game to happen and despite charging a fortune for the privillage they seemingly dont want to work for it by policing the eastend. It's not the clubs fault, or Carey's, or the Rovers. Its the police. It wouldnt be to hard for the eastend crew to buy tickets in the Williams or Dolman together. As someone said, do people really care more about which seat they sit in than honouring a great servant/enjoying a Bristol derby?

"Cant pay on the day" - A pain in the arse no doubt but again, nothing to do with the club or the testimonial commetee. It's the old bill. We've known about this fixture for a long time now, i dont think ordering online / by phone / or in person is that much of a hardship over the summer.

"To expensive" - Really? Okay, some people may have to choose between this and perhaps and a ticket for a league game. But it's not bad value when you think you can attend this and Gerry Gow's game for less than the price of a league game.

"He doesnt deserve a testimonial" - Rubbish. It's been happening in football for decades and hopefully will continue to do so. As i understand it some of the money (if the game actually makes any) will be going to charity which is a gesture he doesnt have to make. The man spilt blood for this club time and again and is our 2nd highest apperance holder ffs. Most other clubs would be clamouring to have someone like that knighted. Not us.

All these excuses sound like the gas, "i'm not going and putting money in that shit heads pocket!" Bollocks, what about league fixtures? Wouldnt that same money be going into paying the wages of all the players?

At the end of the day, it's a Bristol derby! Who knows when, if ever, we will get to play them again? We should be showing our passion for our respective clubs not trotting out poor excuses not to go.

This is what I wanted to say.

I just dont get our fans sometimes. People bleet on about rubbish pre-season games, the lack of the derby and footballers not caring enough about their clubs. Here we have all 3 and yet people are coming up with poor excuses not to go.

"cant sit in the Eastend!" - So what? It's been well documented that the police dont want this game to happen and despite charging a fortune for the privillage they seemingly dont want to work for it by policing the eastend. It's not the clubs fault, or Carey's, or the Rovers. Its the police. It wouldnt be to hard for the eastend crew to buy tickets in the Williams or Dolman together. As someone said, do people really care more about which seat they sit in than honouring a great servant/enjoying a Bristol derby?

"Cant pay on the day" - A pain in the arse no doubt but again, nothing to do with the club or the testimonial commetee. It's the old bill. We've known about this fixture for a long time now, i dont think ordering online / by phone / or in person is that much of a hardship over the summer.

"To expensive" - Really? Okay, some people may have to choose between this and perhaps and a ticket for a league game. But it's not bad value when you think you can attend this and Gerry Gow's game for less than the price of a league game.

"He doesnt deserve a testimonial" - Rubbish. It's been happening in football for decades and hopefully will continue to do so. As i understand it some of the money (if the game actually makes any) will be going to charity which is a gesture he doesnt have to make. The man spilt blood for this club time and again and is our 2nd highest apperance holder ffs. Most other clubs would be clamouring to have someone like that knighted. Not us.

All these excuses sound like the gas, "i'm not going and putting money in that shit heads pocket!" Bollocks, what about league fixtures? Wouldnt that same money be going into paying the wages of all the players?

At the end of the day, it's a Bristol derby! Who knows when, if ever, we will get to play them again? We should be showing our passion for our respective clubs not trotting out poor excuses not to go.

Missed the Gow game due to simply not knowing about it in time. Barely time again to make the Carey one but I will be there. Testimonials don't come along very often. City could learn from it and put a lot more thought in.

Get them in the third round of the FA Cup (like they'd even get there),

The gas were in the quarter finals in 2008 so unsure why you are trying to take the piss there?? When we're city last in the quarters?? Im unsure but I'm thinking it was a long time ago... I'm happy to be corrected though...

The gas were in the quarter finals in 2008 so unsure why you are trying to take the piss there?? When we're city last in the quarters?? Im unsure but I'm thinking it was a long time ago... I'm happy to be corrected though...

the FA cup good knows but we did in the the league cup when walsh hit the post in the 90th minute,

Anyway I'm not going tomorrow saving my money for the Gillingham game, I went to Gow's testimonial and it was a good crack so hopefully for everyone going tomorrow I hope you enjoy yourselfs

amazed we can't sell this one out, we not play the Gash again for years and it's for one of our legends - have 3 pints less tonight and tomorrow and it's paid for!

Why amazed ? I know it's a testimonial ,but also a friendly against some no-mark team. As for a derby, it's a lose-lose for us. If we beat them 5-0 ,so what ,we ought to! The only thing we can do is lose!

I won't be there, off on holybobs (rather fit it in now than miss the proper stuff).

I would of thought £15 divided by 3 is £5... But I woould also like to know where he drinks if is £2.50 a pint..

Jeezus! Only a gashead would need this explaining!

3 pints tonight + 3 pints tomorrow = 6 (SIX) pints.

£15 divided by 6 = ...... £2.50

You can easily get a pint for £2.50. Greene kings in Bristol do pints from £2.19.

Not All pubs are expensive

I wouldn't know. If I needed to shop around for cheap beer, then I wouldn't drink. Certainly the going rate for a pint of Thatchers though is between £3.10 - 3.50.

£3.80 up whiteladies.

I wouldn't know. If I needed to shop around for cheap beer, then I wouldn't drink. Certainly the going rate for a pint of Thatchers though is between £3.10 - 3.50.

£3.80 up whiteladies.

Hardly shopping around If it's your local, but I agree going rate for fosters seems to be 3.20 now

Ha ha..

"He's making it up as he goes along"..

I'm off to work now. (something that those who can read, multiply & divide, often do)

I have not the time or inclination to give you reading lessons along with those for basic maths, but perhaps another time.

It's a shame you won't be able to see the score board tomorrow. Might be an idea to take a calculator to keep track of the score incase in gets above something simple like 1-1.

Have a good afternoon on the right side of the river, pal.

I would be there for Louis regardless of opposition..........the guy is BCFC thru & thru and will most probably break the ALLTIME appearances record at some point this season which in my book makes him every bit a legend as any other player who has ever graced our club

It's not about how much they earn it's about the commitment they have given & the blood they have shed for us and our wish to say "Thanx" for the good times .............and also the bad of course

If you dont want to say thank you then thats your choice but please dont look for excuses like "It's a lose lose situation" or "It's only the Gas"..........for me ....the fact that it is a Derby makes it more interesting than some un related club - in fact I would rather the Gash than Liverpool or Rangers if I am honest.........

I'm off to work now. (something that those who can read, multiply & divide, often do)

I have not the time or inclination to give you reading lessons along with those for basic maths, but perhaps another time.

It's a shame you won't be able to see the score board tomorrow. Might be an idea to take a calculator to keep track of the score incase in gets above something simple like 1-1.

Have a good afternoon on the right side of the river, pal.

I am on the "right side if the river" as you call it..

Anyway's you have a good day.

Utg.

I would be there for Louis regardless of opposition..........the guy is BCFC thru & thru and will most probably break the ALLTIME appearances record at some point this season which in my book makes him every bit a legend as any other player who has ever graced our club

It's not about how much they earn it's about the commitment they have given & the blood they have shed for us and our wish to say "Thanx" for the good times .............and also the bad of course

If you dont want to say thank you then thats your choice but please dont look for excuses like "It's a lose lose situation" or "It's only the Gas"..........for me ....the fact that it is a Derby makes it more interesting than some un related club - in fact I would rather the Gash than Liverpool or Rangers if I am honest.........

I have actually bought a ticket, but as I say ,I'm away. It was a no brainer for me, gash or Palace ?

Archived