IGNORED

Bristol City Waiting To See If Bolton Want To Keep Kalifa Cisse

YouReds

I think the moments gone regarding Cisse - but I'd have him back like a shot.

I agree, with the lack of activity in the transfer market, I would welcome back the best midfielder we had last year.

As another poster put it, Cisse has just behaved like a professional, no comment from him at all while this was going on. Maynard just acted like a c***.

I agree, with the lack of activity in the transfer market, I would welcome back the best midfielder we had last year.

As another poster put it, Cisse has just behaved like a professional, no comment from him at all while this was going on. Maynard just acted like a c***.

Although I wouldn't want him back ,it's true he has kept his council and not run around bad mouthing us like some (eh Mickey) .

I hope not! he clearly doesn't want to be within 100 mitres of ashton gate,he thinks hes to big for the club ( look at what happened to a certain nicky maynards )

Why shouldn't he see if he can get a better wage at a bigger club? Bolton have been in the Premier League for a decade so there's no shame if they've got a pull and funds to pay players that we don't.

As for Cisse, whilst I fear the club shouldn't wait too long if it means missing out on other targets (we've no idea if it does of course), I'd have him back in a heartbeat. As others have said, he's not acted unprofessionally. He's entitled to look round at other clubs at the end of his contract and he doesn't owe us anything - for one thing, we failed to play him for a season and a bit of his contract and for another, he's not local lad. I'm not in the least bit offended by him wanting to see if he can do better elsewhere and can't really see why anybody would be.

Yep, he walked away for free.

Maynard ensured we got a fee.

Just sayin'.

The differences are pretty obvious....

one wasnt offered a contract until the end of the season, and when he was...it was a pay cut

the other strung us along for months and months, even though he was offered a big pay rise....just so he could get his dream move to West Ham Reserves. Maynard ensured we got a fee? ...we would have got more if he had been up front from the off

in what sense does he think he is too good for the club?! he is exploring his options to see if he can get a better deal somewhere else. i don't blame anyone in any job for looking around before you blindly accept a massive pay cut.

The differences are pretty obvious....

one wasnt offered a contract until the end of the season, and when he was...it was a pay cut

the other strung us along for months and months, even though he was offered a big pay rise....just so he could get his dream move to West Ham Reserves. Maynard ensured we got a fee? ...we would have got more if he had been up front from the off

The Cisse case isn't really that dissimilar to Maynard. We paid a significant fee for him, and he was earning a large salary here whilst he played for us, and he chose to leave for his own reasons.

Cisse left on a free, Maynard left for a fee that saw us recoup most of what we outlaid. Maynard could have hung fire for five months and got a large chunk of that fee for himself and we'd have had nothing.

You can argue about what we might have got for Maynard previously (I accept he was worth much more) but I'm just pointing out that the Maynard hate is a bit OTT.

Maynard could have told us he wasn't going to sign earlier, but then we don't know any detail about discussions with Cisse either. For all we know he could have been doing the same, just with no scrutiny because there were no big offers and not so much publicity.

Ultimately, both left at least partly for their own financial gain, there's just more angst about Maynard because he was our best player.

The Cisse case isn't really that dissimilar to Maynard. We paid a significant fee for him, and he was earning a large salary here whilst he played for us, and he chose to leave for his own reasons.

Cisse left on a free, Maynard left for a fee that saw us recoup most of what we outlaid. Maynard could have hung fire for five months and got a large chunk of that fee for himself and we'd have had nothing.

You can argue about what we might have got for Maynard previously (I accept he was worth much more) but I'm just pointing out that the Maynard hate is a bit OTT.

Maynard could have told us he wasn't going to sign earlier, but then we don't know any detail about discussions with Cisse either. For all we know he could have been doing the same, just with no scrutiny because there were no big offers and not so much publicity.

Ultimately, both left at least partly for their own financial gain, there's just more angst about Maynard because he was our best player.

The fact is, Cisse was offered a paycut. Regardless of what wages he was on, very few people will accept a pay cut. I dont blame him for exploring other options.

As for Micky....he was offered shed loads, had the chance to become our highest earner ever.....but that wasnt enough.

Im not a hater.....just think one has been showed up to be a money grabbing cu*t...where as the other hasnt (yet)

i'd have him back, he was signed by Coppell, then played under Millen and then McInnes, 3 managers in what a 2 year period? very stable situation, McInnes didnt go with him immediatly so when it came to signing a new contract why commit yourself to a place with a manager you dont know too well and at first didn't appear keen to play him when he had the chance of better things?

He didn't bad mouth the club or anything after he left so imagine he would be welcomed back if McInnes thinks he adds to the squad.

People comparing him to Maynard; I can't see the similarity.

Cisse contributed to our staying up and was one of the most capable midfielders we had last year. We got our money's worth in the run in, that is for sure.

And we know nothing about the potential for him to leave on a transfer prior to the end of his contract. Why? Because he acted professionally, didn't got to the press or get his agent to do so. Maybe no one wanted him, partly because he'd not had too much of an opportunity to show what he could do.

To now be offered a reduced terms contract I'd EXPECT him to look at his other options, and I doubt very much Coyle would have taken him on trial if he got a 'bad attitude' report from Del.

Although we do now have a fair few midfielders I'd be happy if Cisse came back and signed. Quality player, good attitude.

The fact is, Cisse was offered a paycut. Regardless of what wages he was on, very few people will accept a pay cut. I dont blame him for exploring other options.

As for Micky....he was offered shed loads, had the chance to become our highest earner ever.....but that wasnt enough.

Im not a hater.....just think one has been showed up to be a money grabbing cu*t...where as the other hasnt (yet)

Yeah I take your point about a pay cut, but ultimately it comes down to what you can earn. We were likely overpaying him. I would suggest Maynard probably had ambitions other than just cash, West Ham were likely to go up and did. Whether he gets a chance to play in the Prem is debateable though.

http://www.lionofvie...se-bristol-city

Kalifa Cisse left Bristol City to join Bolton Wanderers on a trial as they did their week-long tour of Scotland. The defensive midfielder played a total of 111 minutes in a Bolton shirt over a period of three games. Cisse never set the world, Scotland, or the Trotters on fire, and as a result has been told by Owen Coyle that his services will not be needed according to the Bolton News.

Mr Cisse has treated Bristol City as something that should be scaped from your shoe. Tell him to F off and take his chances elsewhere. The man is a parasite

based on what??? if your boss told you tomorrow that you could sign a new contract for 50% of your current wage, and you knew there were other companies out there that could pay you your current wage, what would you do? football is a job, just like any other. cisse didn't grow up in france dreaming of playing under keith millen at ashton gate. he owes us nothing whatsoever, and whats more he has not slagged off the club or conducted his business in the media.

Archived