IGNORED

Take Longer To Get To The Gate!

cityhead

I heard on the local news this morning that Bristol City Council are to spend £3.5million on reducing the speed limit on Bristol's single carriageways to 20mph.

Another reason why Bristol is regarded as the backwater of the UK and will never get anything accomplished - it will take 33% longer to get the stadium built.

Whilst I would never condone speeding - I firmly believe that it's not speed that kills but the idiots that drive cars dangerously, and how many people will this actually save!

Surely, if the council intend spending £3.5m on the roads surely the intention should be to speed the traffic up rather than slow everything down.

I heard on the local news this morning that Bristol City Council are to spend £3.5million on reducing the speed limit on Bristol's single carriageways to 20mph.

Another reason why Bristol is regarded as the backwater of the UK and will never get anything accomplished - it will take 33% longer to get the stadium built.

Whilst I would never condone speeding - I firmly believe that it's not speed that kills but the idiots that drive cars dangerously, and how many people will this actually save!

Surely, if the council intend spending £3.5m on the roads surely the intention should be to speed the traffic up rather than slow everything down.

Only in Bristol, mate.

20 mph limit

Another attempt at Green City of the year on it's way

Cycling city of Europe

City of Sanctuary

What exactly are they doing about attracting investment, creating jobs and building homes for people ? These things are obviously not so important than the others.

I despair, I really do.

The move will actually reduce air quality, as most drivers will be stuck to 2nd gear. Also actual incidents went up in the trial zones.

This IS supposed to be on residential roads only mind, not main roads, so it shouldnt effect the traffic flow too much, and as already said, at peak times you probably aren't doing 30 anyway.

Archived