IGNORED

Travelling To Cardiff For Qf

Leveller

I've got tickets for Saturday's Quarter Final at the Millennium & need to travel up from Taunton.

However, the literature says there's no spectator parking, apart from park & ride, which is now unavailable, so I assume is fully booked. They recommend rail travel but of course in reality there are no suitable trains back after 21.30 when the game is set to end.

The "planner" suggests a return bus journey taking 8 hours & changing at Bristol, the airport & then Exeter!

The only realistic option seems to be to drive up early & hope to use ordinary shoppers parking, or off street somewhere.

Does anybody know if this is feasible, or recommend any other ideas?

Thanks.

I am going to this game. Anyone know the possible game that could take place, I know GB will be there if they win the group. What are the other possible ramifications?

I would like to know as well, I can no longer find the webpage that showed the teams route to the final

Come early, and use normal city-centre car parks. When they say 'no parking at the venue' they literally mean just that..ie there is no parking at the Millennium Stadium in the sense that there is parking at your local Tescos..

A good tip is the big new multistorey car park in Cardiff Bay..it's cheap, and a short walk/train/taxi or bus into town

Come early, and use normal city-centre car parks. When they say 'no parking at the venue' they literally mean just that..ie there is no parking at the Millennium Stadium in the sense that there is parking at your local Tescos..

A good tip is the big new multistorey car park in Cardiff Bay..it's cheap, and a short walk/train/taxi or bus into town

Cheers CBL

Mr cardiff, where is this new car park by cardiff bay? I only know about the small one by techniquest/the subway etc..

It's £4 for 24 hours on saturdays..how isn't that cheap.

A word of warning. Bristolian visitors have to correctly pronounce 'Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru' or else, you get dressed up in a Swansea City shirt and a red Cardiff shirt and made to drink all day in the pubs of Canton. Them's the rules.

Seriously though guys, that Car Park would be my advice, and even better, drive past Cardiff to junction 33 and swing into the Bay on the A4232 which is a dual-carriageway going straight into the Bay. You are likely to avoid the traffic coming from the east (England) which on saturday is likely to be substantial.

Enjoy the day, and let's hope Britain do the job tomorrow, and then it will be them playing in the quarters.

'A word of warning. Bristolian visitors have to correctly pronounce 'Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru' or else, you get dressed up in a Swansea City shirt and a red Cardiff shirt and made to drink all day in the pubs of Canton. Them's the rules.'

:laugh:, The Goscombe's alright. Not sure about any of the others, although my a close relative of mine used to drink in The Corporation donkey's years ago but that was before he joined the Army and did part of his national service in Bristol...which is one of the reasons he never moved back to Cardiff :-)

It's £4 for 24 hours on saturdays..how isn't that cheap.

A word of warning. Bristolian visitors have to correctly pronounce 'Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru' or else, you get dressed up in a Swansea City shirt and a red Cardiff shirt and made to drink all day in the pubs of Canton. Them's the rules.

Seriously though guys, that Car Park would be my advice, and even better, drive past Cardiff to junction 33 and swing into the Bay on the A4232 which is a dual-carriageway going straight into the Bay. You are likely to avoid the traffic coming from the east (England) which on saturday is likely to be substantial.

Enjoy the day, and let's hope Britain do the job tomorrow, and then it will be them playing in the quarters.

Ah, im on about going tomorrow! £4 all day saturday is cheap!

Going tomorrow not sure about watching 2 matches back to back.

Im going to park in a multi story next to Queen street station just a short walk to the stadium.

I know where the Cardiff Bay parking is but you have to walk through Bute Town late at night and it's a bit of a dodgy area.

Going tomorrow not sure about watching 2 matches back to back.

Im going to park in a multi story next to Queen street station just a short walk to the stadium.

I know where the Cardiff Bay parking is but you have to walk through Bute Town late at night and it's a bit of a dodgy area.

:laugh:, Butetown doesn't even register on the Bristol scale of dodgy mate, it's milder than a korma!

If you are worried about walking down bute street then walk down Lloyd George Ave, or take the Bendy Bus/Train 2 minutes into the town centre, you are more likely to get attacked by a fat Taff slag on st Mary st than you are in Butetown!

Archived