IGNORED

Derby Day Memories

Sargent Pepper

2nd may 1990... nothing more to be said :yahoo:

Sorry but you'd be the same had you won that game :surrender:

that aside the 3-3 draw back 87/88 season was one of the best derby matchs i've seen, early lead for us then think it went 3 -1 to you (moyes score one?) and a come back from the gas witth a jinking run and finish from Ollie...

Brilliant Game

not that i really count this as a proper derby, rather just another friendly and celebration of a fantastic career, but my favourite for some strange reason i think was a tuesday night circa 1993, when both clubs were in the new 1st Division. I am fairly sure the scoreline was 1-0 and Tinnion scored the winner from the penalty spot after that soppy ***** Ian Alexander got sent off for handling on the line....

Was a God awful match from what i can remember but you could cut the tension with a knife....Those were the days when derbys had some good atmosphere and they provided some competition to our superiority, however i honestly dont think we will see another competative bristol derby for a very long time, they have fallen so far behind us its comical

2nd may 1990... nothing more to be said :yahoo:

Sorry but you'd be the same had you won that game :surrender:

that aside the 3-3 draw back 87/88 season was one of the best derby matchs i've seen, early lead for us then think it went 3 -1 to you (moyes score one?) and a come back from the gas witth a jinking run and finish from Ollie...

Brilliant Game

I'll give you that. Not good from our perspective. Must have been awsome from a Gashead point of view

90-91 season 88th minute Donowa! Years of losing and drawing, hurt gone Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no voice for 2 days. my favourite

Absolutely this game, coupled with Leaning saving H*lloway's penalty in front of the East End

The noise at the Gate when Louie put that in was deafening, went mental - will anything ever top that night for me?

Nailsea - you might not find a lot of support for your vote (!), but I can imagine how that night was for you lot. It's what football is all about, as I've said many times, if the G*s weren't there then we'd have to invent them. Everyone needs someone to hate!

3-2 to us at Ashton Gate, December 23rd(?) 2000.

Last day of work before Christmas. Went on the piss in Bedminster from 3pm onwards and arrived at Ashton Gate just in time to see the ball hit the back of the net for their first goal after about a minute if play. Poor 1st half but brilliant start to the second half with 3 goals putting us in control. Incredible atmosphere. Went back out on the piss in town after the game.

Made my Christmas and probably ruined theirs.

twerton 96, was brilliant to finally pull it off at that shed. someone else mentions the 2-1 with the tinnion pen. another great night, was in the open end that game and bimley it was packed like a tin of mangoes in their. hundreds locked out that night i think and an electric atmosphere. Missed the epic Donowa game, and it remains my biggest ever city regret :(

Absolutely this game, coupled with Leaning saving H*lloway's penalty in front of the East End

The noise at the Gate when Louie put that in was deafening, went mental - will anything ever top that night for me?

Nailsea - you might not find a lot of support for your vote (!), but I can imagine how that night was for you lot. It's what football is all about, as I've said many times, if the G*s weren't there then we'd have to invent them. Everyone needs someone to hate!

Without doubt, the Hartlepool game where the stand moved was something special. But for pure Joy, Noise and loss of voice, nothing will ever top the Donowa match for me. I meant very little in the grand scheme of things.... But at the time, it meant more than all the promotions, relegations LDV finals put together, truly amazing. Made even better by Ollie missing, as you rightly say.

I’m not sure if the one Ted is talking about was the game Aaron Brown ran the length of the pitch to lay it on a plate for Thorpe, but that was also a great game, what I remember more than anything, was the continuous noise in that game, as soon as we got into them, pretty much the chanting shouting and screaming lasted until the very end, unlike most games where it would start and stop. I remember being in the back row of the Dolman, and being stood up for almost the entirety of the match.

and dare i say it, but rovers 96 was priceless to see the look on their faces after they began dancing like inbreds on our pitch - only to have a few hundred city monsters remind them that they shouldn't stray out of their playpen. not condoning what happened that match, just saying it's always pleasing on the eye to see gasheads wide eyed with panic. cheeky gits.

Coca Cola Cup August 1997, 0-0 in the first leg at the Gate, they went 1-0 up in the second half, Shaun Taylor equalised with a thumping header and then in extra time Junior Bent broke away and grabbed the winner, it was his last touch as a City player, what a present to leave us with.

0-0 at Eastville in 76 promo season is my most vivid memory of a Derby match...........

Promo to the 1st Div was within our grasp if we could keep it together for three more games.........Gas away being one of them

Talk about nail biting.........All I could think of was how these barstewards could ruin evrything for us

They didn't and we went on to return to top division for first time in 70 odd years

Ws also there for the "one nil down...two one up....we knocked Rovers out the cup" game when schoolboy Martyn Hirst scored the winner........me and the Brother in law had to get tickets in the rovers enclosure (not the burnt one) it was very very very hard to keep quiet when Hirst scored.......in fact we had to get out early so we could release the tension

1990 was by far the best...

Louis donawa the worst.. I've said it on here before but I can still here the noise that ashton gate made that night.. When that goal went in it was unbelievable...

Aye, it was probably the loudest I heard.

1990, was probably the worst feeling. If it hadn't been for Super Bob getting injured a month before, we wouldn't even be talking aout it, it would have been done and dusted... Such is Life!

Winning 3-2 at the gate Xmas time I think? Also who can forget holloway and gang getting chased off the pitch from the dolman haha

watching the clip and there's a great little moment when you see some nutter launching a flying punch at holloway: it's literally superman style, like the lad is going for take-off. Can't believe some on here wanted him as manager last year :nono:

Aye, it was probably the loudest I heard.

1990, was probably the worst feeling. If it hadn't been for Super Bob getting injured a month before, we wouldn't even be talking aout it, it would have been done and dusted... Such is Life!

What happened to bob bob super bob?? Did he not play???????

Unsure if he did or not but there's no way even "super bobby Taylor " could of stopped the mighty gas that night.. Holloway was all over it and had it sorted..

Unsure if he did or not but there's no way even "super bobby Taylor " could of stopped the mighty gas that night.. Holloway was all over it and had it sorted..

I've tried to erase that night from my memory ! But I'm pretty sure he did play , from memory we rushed him back from an injury up at Bolton and he was clearly not fit.

Super Bob got a hamstring injury after scoring his hat trick goal at home to Crewe. He was rushed back to action at Bolton but he limped off injured. We are not saying he would have affected the Derby game but without him we dropped stupid points in the run-in that would have had us well clear. A defeat or draw at Orient and the defeat at Bolton.

Sure i remember after we scored we tried playing the offside trap and Rovers had about 4 through on goal and someone blazed it over (may of been twentyman) great night. although was that the night Rovers ruined the minute silence we had for our ex chairman?

Archived